First of all, you're wrong about the 4th slot. An extra chip means more stats which means more damage which means faster XP. Ever try to level a PE to woc with drones? You most certainly need that 4th slot to use RK 1000's. Even constructors need the 4th slot for the extra construct they would get.

I have to disagree with you on your observation that more LE'd people are griefers than Non-LE'd people. Your particular sense of honor concerning ganking low level un'LE'd people unfortunately doesn't translate to the rest of the community as a whole. People will go out of their way to gank for no other reason but to kill someone, it's just inherent to the game as it stands today.

As an LE'd player you are already losing the 4th imp slot. You lose the ability to join and have the massive support of a clan. You lose the bonus clans get at their own out posts. You lose the ability to participate in the best feature of this game: PVP. You lose the ability to hack belts. And as of the next patch you will lose the ability to defend even your own vehicles and you must suffer the wrath of any un-LE'd guy who wants to shoot you without you being able to shoot him back.

There are already a big number of negatives attributed to keeping the LE in your head, I simply don't see the need to further penalize these LE'd people any further, especially because most of them don't want anything to do with PVP in the first place. You wouldn't get good fair fights, you would get easy ganks.

Are you really comparing -15 construct from not having a 4th brain imp and getting 340 xp per kill instead of 350xp to the many time consuming, cred consuming disadvantages of taking it out? (As seen by this good post http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...=1#post2202720)

You can argue advantages all you please. The simple fact remains that LE's are able to acquire XP at a greater rate because they don't have to deal with getting killed by players. All that i'm asking for is the balance that worked for years, put back in to place.

Ever hear of the concept called Risk Versus Reward? IMO, a very important concept in game design, some games even being based on this simple principle. What risk do LE's have? Why should they be rewarded for having less?

Lets compare an le creed tank to no le creed tank. the le guy will out dps the pvp specced tank. No le will have less in hc and different resists so he is less resistant to a fire mob. the le tank also has completely unrestricted access to the mobs.

I also think it's true that most LE'd PVE tanks will overall cap weapons better and resist better, even with the 4th implant slot beig the LE.

The resist pierce being not as crucial as on PVP setup, most PVE setup tanks will have lot more HC specced than a PVP tank with 1 or 2 resistor chips with a fair amount of Resist Pierce specced.

Runspeed being a non-crucial issue again for LE'd PVE setups, you're most likely to find this setup uses PA3, whereas PVP non-LE'd will prefer to wear an Underwear Overall, as to not being penalized with speed malus. This also contributes to LE'd PVE setup making more DPS.

Lastly the inherant risk of being attacked by other runners also means most non-LE will choose to wear mix of Duranium/Inqui whereas an LE would wear all Inqui , making the LE PVE setup superior in both DPS and Damage Intake.
    Last edited by Kame; 16-02-13 at 22:54. Reason: Typos

I think if you want to take part in high level PVE, you should have to do that without LE.

There is no point for LE'd players to go to MC5 and loot parts without being able to get disturbed.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    I think if you want to take part in high level PVE, you should have to do that without LE.

There is no point for LE'd players to go to MC5 and loot parts without being able to get disturbed.
    I definitely agree about MC5. No LEs should be allowed there.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I fully agree with the mc5 comments.

I said this in another thread but I feel it's relevant here also :

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Also a normal Neocron Runner is indeed non-LE. The ones with special satus here are the LE'd, not the other way around.

I would even take my LE out immediately, IF I ever had the chance to put it back in, like I had in former NC1 days. Maybe not in that abusive kind of manner (In, Out, In, Out...), but at least ANY chance. It's so final. There may be a time again (and there will be, I know myself) when I just want to play without even thinking about PvP, so I would want my LE back in. But there is no chance to do so. I would even pay for that option (as I would for a char transfer).

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Originally Posted by Kame
    Also a normal Neocron Runner is indeed non-LE. The ones with special status here are the LE'd, not the other way around.
    This. The dev team/community needs to decide if the developer intent of the LE chip was that it be used in perpetuity for the entirety of a characters life, and not only at the beginning. (I think all data implies the latter, personally, but clearly it is an undecided issue)

I personally consider the LE a permanent feature in a runner's life. I'd also consider the LE a non-standard feature. Players are given the choice from the beginning and I personally consider this point to be where a player decides whether to keep it in or not, rather than at cap.

I have no issue with those who wish to remain LEed throughout their NC experience, but NC is a PvP game at heart and the benefits of removing the LE (across all levels) need to be promoted.

A question for Faid and his merry band of SXR. We all know your entire clan is sitting on vent together all with le characters. You are abusing the le in order to give yourselves an unfair advantage over any current clan. Do you think this is was the original intent of the le design? Your clan has the same goals as ours but with one difference...we are not taking advantage of the biggest exploit in neocron The law enforcer. Even worse is the fact that this chip allows your clan unrestricted and favorable access to areas that have nothing to do with the law of neocron city or the roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    A question for Faid and his merry band of SXR. We all know your entire clan is sitting on vent together all with le characters. You are abusing the le in order to give yourselves an unfair advantage over any current clan. Do you think this is was the original intent of the le design? Your clan has the same goals as ours but with one difference...we are not taking advantage of the biggest exploit in neocron The law enforcer. Even worse is the fact that this chip allows your clan unrestricted and favorable access to areas that have nothing to do with the law of neocron city or the roleplay.
    I know more clans do the same thing (FF for one) and there's nothing that we as players can do about it. One LE tank made it obvious that he was scouting me, basically standing on top of me everywhere I went. I kept thinking wtf is this guy doing, a couple minutes later I'm taking damage (don't see/hear anything which is a whole other problem with the game) and then I'm dead. Afterwards I see a particle nemesis drone flying away from my body, so I came back out there to look for that droner and what I saw was a bunch of other non-LE clanned FF players helping their LE'd clanmates. This is definitely an abuse of the LE, I don't see how anyone could argue about that.

Just gonna 5 star this post because the original post was full of good ideas. The Law Enforcer is constantly debated, that alone should be a sign to everyone it's a far-from-perfect system. Things need to change and hopefully the devs are taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    This makes literally no sense. Myself and many others of SXR are UN-LE'd and in clan. Some of us chose to level chars with their LE in, in order to level up unobstructed by senseless gankers. I don't see how leveling with an LE gives anyone unrestricted and favorable access to areas? Are you all mad because you can't simply gank everyone who is trying to level in a specific area?

@Ghostly are you mad because we killed some RSC guy in el farid last night? I thought thats what you guys were all about, pvp even in leveling spots? This is once again getting stupid to even try to discuss on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    @Ghostly are you mad because we killed some RSC guy in el farid last night? I thought thats what you guys were all about, pvp even in leveling spots? This is once again getting stupid to even try to discuss on these forums.
    It's gostly and I don't even know what you're referring to. Even if I did know, why would I be mad? I mean it wasn't me that died.

ALSO just because I'm in RSC doesn't mean that what I say should be overlooked just because we like to pvp. After all we're not asking for the LE to be removed, but it's a broken game "feature" and should be addressed in various ways mentioned all throughout this thread.

So many people cap/overcap and keep their LE in with MC5 chips and rares that are only good in pvp. I think that's ridiculous and I get mad every time I see it. At some point these types of people should be forced to get rid of that security blanket.

I dont think it's a good idea to "force" anybody to do anything in this game. None of this even really matters anyway KK will do what KK wants to do regardless of what we have to say, it's always been this way. (yes i know technically they're not kk anymore)

I'm done with this thread.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast