Leave the game for sure ? Because of XP gain ?

I highly doubt that.

Besides, as they say, we see in others what we ourselves are.

If all you see in others, like un-LEd payers is ganking, and LE players leaving game over some game mechanics changes, I think it tells a lot about how YOU would react, rather than how 3-400 players would react.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    [...] Most of the posters here are missing pvp and enough "soft targets" to kill, that's it.
    You are wrong. At least for many of those who want an INCENTIVE to remove the LE. I can only speak with certainity for myself, and with good guessing for several others, but what I want, and think others do too, is having both: To experience the world as it should be, with all its fear AND not be at a considerable disadvantages on the road to cap. Which you are at the moment. You lose money, XP and time if you level without LE. What I also want is having the athmosphere again the original poster spoke of.

And: The first type of LE player, those who will never remove the LE, they choosing this option for playstyle and they WILL leave the game for sure if you make dinstinct disadvantages for LE Player. If the differences are not distinct and minor ones than it's worthless for your intention.
    Arguments for that group i tried to find with my other thread (and I failed miserably it seems), and so far I see only points that disadvantage that group slightly, IF the "compensation" for NonLEs is a bit higher than the average loss. Nothing that really influences their playstyle. If I'd leave because someone is compensated for a risk that is taken I'd be long gone ("Oh no, these people get Outposts and risk only to loose all their implants several times"...). And a lot of others would be gone too.

I would appreciate if all players would have the choice for their playstyle and stay !
    I won't say "No one wants to take that choice away" (as I wanted first), since there are those that think its the best solution, but many don't want to take the choice away. They only want to have equal opportunity. Not same work, higher risk, lower gain.
    And they want a playstyle back that fosters cooperation. But they cannot choose it alone.
    You can still choose to have that nice little chip in your head. I would even support that you can put it back in later, if for example you can only change it once a week or like that.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

I don't PvP - wish I could re-insert my LE (I ripped it out with my first 2 chars because I thought it would be like in NC1)...
    Getting killed in Plaza 2 in front of your App (and directly in front of 2 Copbots) is getting old... AND: In NC1 there were
    less trigger happy idiots near you as the "red" factions were out in the canyon or in the pepper park (which we avoided
    at all cost ^^ - wouldnt work nowadays anymore as there is no more yakarma in Plaza 1 etc.)
    I had several OP Fights which were fun - but I did not get ganked without provocation. I even talked to the enemy
    (Xantor from uTs was quite a nice guy btw.) in a non safe zone - and lived. I doubt this could happen nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis.at View Post
    I don't PvP - wish I could re-insert my LE (I ripped it out with my first 2 chars because I thought it would be like in NC1)...
    Getting killed in Plaza 2 in front of your App (and directly in front of 2 Copbots) is getting old... AND: In NC1 there were
    less trigger happy idiots near you as the "red" factions were out in the canyon or in the pepper park (which we avoided
    at all cost ^^ - wouldnt work nowadays anymore as there is no more yakarma in Plaza 1 etc.)
    I had several OP Fights which were fun - but I did not get ganked without provocation. I even talked to the enemy
    (Xantor from uTs was quite a nice guy btw.) in a non safe zone - and lived. I doubt this could happen nowadays...
    I think once the thrill of "OMG AN UN LE!!!" wears off it won't be that bad. As a member of the supposed biggest dicks in the game (RSC), most of us don't kill noobs. I usually go out of my way to give them chunks of credits for having the balls to take their LE out.

I have to admit i saw an un LE'd fa guy on his way to regants yesterday to level up. he was a mid level monk so i got my gun out and shot him a few times. I didnt kill him tho. i left him. i think he ran off. i wanted to give him money after but i lost him. Hopefully he wasnt shaking too much and he enjoyed the experience
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

^^^Lol trolls, people post their experiences with shit heads just like your-selves and you admit to trolling lol!

Anyways unless everyone can have the same ping, forcing any penalty on LE'd players is dumb. Here in in the states I can be killed off before I even see the roving band of trolls sexing my corpse.

Euros freaked when all they had was a 500 latency N-American server.

Twat. Please stop posting.

The Community changed. I still remember the times, where you could even think of talking to "red" players. The reason I am still with my LE is because nowadays nearly everyone just goes for the kill. Neocron has become a shooter for a large part of the playerbase. This is not supposed to be a whine about "in nc1 everything was better". But yes, the game simply does not feel the same anymore, because there are by far more PVP-ganking-geeks in relation to "normal" players. Do what you want with the LE, but I am going to keep it implanted for now. Maybe the world changed again, someday.

It's kind of simple really, bring back NC1 safezones and LE rules. I hate fighting in plaza, pepper park is where it should be going on.

Oh and Chuck Norris needs to stop trolling every single LE thread. It's getting old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    The Community changed. I still remember the times, where you could even think of talking to "red" players. The reason I am still with my LE is because nowadays nearly everyone just goes for the kill. Neocron has become a shooter for a large part of the playerbase. This is not supposed to be a whine about "in nc1 everything was better". But yes, the game simply does not feel the same anymore, because there are by far more PVP-ganking-geeks in relation to "normal" players. Do what you want with the LE, but I am going to keep it implanted for now. Maybe the world changed again, someday.
    This is something some posters here permanently want to deny and building a equation like "Neocron is nice cyberpunk with nice guys helping everybody, Alice in Wonderland and the Bunnies there".....

Reality is different.

This does not mean that Neocron isn't a wonderful game with an impressive atmosphere. It is a full competitive game and lot of player are fine with this.

But this shows that a changing of LE does require careful adjustments in game mechanics like criminal watch / SL etc., not a simple "reward system to remove LE and become soft target".....

Reed

Did you ever wonder why that might be so?
    With like 90% of the Population being LE'd, there isnt much to fight, thats why those mainiacs shoot everything they see.
    I can understand those guys even kinda, must be frustrating to sit there capped, seeing a lot of other capped players running around with LEs, and that one midlevel without a LE might be just the poor guy who gets abused as a vent for all that frustration.

I believe with a XP Increase that would change, more players to enter the PvP fights, and more players reaching the cap faster.

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

There already IS a downside to using an LE: You loose one Brainslot... And I am OK with that - as I mainly use AOE to level and I don't think I like negative Soullight

Quote Originally Posted by FoxDF View Post
    With like 90% of the Population being LE'd, there isnt much to fight, thats why those mainiacs shoot everything they see.
    I can understand those guys even kinda, must be frustrating to sit there capped, seeing a lot of other capped players running around with LEs, and that one midlevel without a LE might be just the poor guy who gets abused as a vent for all that frustration.

I believe with a XP Increase that would change, more players to enter the PvP fights, and more players reaching the cap faster.
    That... is a fairly naive point of view.
    The only reason those idiots shoot everything at sight is because they can and because they have fun with it. I don't believe or see any reason that they want or seek a challenge when they shoot at anything below their level. Boredom maybe,but not because there is no challenge.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FoxDF View Post

If any proof for the real intention of the LE-discussions was needed ever - here it is.

"Pls take out your LE as soon as possible- we have nothing to shoot at !" )

Ey sorry this is polemic and was not serious, i admit.

I cannot understand at all why here is such a panic ??? Let them remove their LE's if time is right for them. Most of the levelling players will remove their LE even WITHOUT your rewards !

On Mars 7 of my 8 Chars were non-LE. What is your problem ???

Why not beeing patient ?

Reed

Why not beeing patient ?

Reed
    Patience is not cyberpunk
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast