Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You do realise that all of the people who have no les in just want more people to fight.

You should also realise that if you called for their help because someone is in the Sewer Pking noobs that a fair few people would fucking love the chance to pk that person into oblivion!
    This is what's totally missing in game right now. Good/bad reputations based on actions rather than the amount of shit they talk on OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    This is what's totally missing in game right now. Good/bad reputations based on actions rather than the amount of shit they talk on OOC.
    Itak Man and the Noob Defenders.... sounds like the sort of story a mother would tell her noobs as she tucks them in at night.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

fuck it listen to the trolls they killed the game once, go ahead let them do it again!

Why not just make a new server and they can all go troll each other, Forcing their skewed narrow must pvp me or you dont get play view is some bullshit.

nothing about this game is massive so stop trying to make it out like its and MMO.

People wont even help with rides a few sectors and just spam you with "stfu noob use venture warp" and "take out your le and meet me at the asg". The simple fact any of you suggest people are not constantly trolls trolling in game looking to harass anyone they can is absurd.

People literally log pvp characters where there alts lvl so they can pk any non-le'd that come near "their area" hell whole clans do this!

Forcing trolls on people is never the answer sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    [*]
    You talk about difference not penalty, yet with the premise that non-LE'd players should have and advantage about LE'd players. The opposite of advantage is? Right, disadvantage. Or in other words: penalty. A disadvantage is a penalty. Point.
    Your whole idea is flawed by this. Whether you give LE an XP penalty or non-LE an XP buff is completely indifferent to the outcome. LE'd players are getting less XP and will feel penalized.
    You talk about disadvantage the way a politician does drach. Not a flame but you are pointing it out in such a way that it is merely a perceived disadvantage.

Im an LE Player and according to you im at a disadvantage because that guy over there has decided to take out his LE. He now gets a hypothetical 20% increase per hour/day/kill on me. Damn man. thats a huge disadvantage.

AAH. wait. now here comes a big bad pker that everyone talks about. Hes just killed that guy while i stood back and watched. that guy lost an item in his belt mr big bad pker just hacked. he faced the indignation of choosing a gr and going off back to where ever to try and find a poker etc and wait off his SI etc. I on the other hand can continue to level.

Cost VS benefit. Economics. I offset the cost (slower xp) with the benefit (no PK) so therefore how i am i really at a disadvantage.

Not sure how else i can put it without being accused of trolling or being told to fuck off to another server.

Apologies if the post is written in a childish tone also. it does read like i would say this to a child but with the replies in this thread i felt that writing it simply was the best way because people are still failing to grasp the core argument here and that is trying to find a successful balance between both worlds. Not punishing one camp to benefit another but finding a way that two sides in this arguement can live in symbiosis as its clear we do actually need each other.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 08-02-13 at 02:37. Reason: disclaimer added.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Having to compete to get to high end leveling spots is just fine.

We currently compete a lot at mc5 an no one fucking complains. 5-6 runners team from the biggest pvp clan regularly got at it at mc5. When we die, we get poked and go back.

I'd rather get killed fighting a clan then to have to deal with an LEd team purposedly trying to ruin it for me/us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    fuck it listen to the trolls they killed the game once, go ahead let them do it again!

Why not just make a new server and they can all go troll each other, Forcing their skewed narrow must pvp me or you dont get play view is some bullshit.

nothing about this game is massive so stop trying to make it out like its and MMO.

People wont even help with rides a few sectors and just spam you with "stfu noob use venture warp" and "take out your le and meet me at the asg". The simple fact any of you suggest people are not constantly trolls trolling in game looking to harass anyone they can is absurd.

People literally log pvp characters where there alts lvl so they can pk any non-le'd that come near "their area" hell whole clans do this!

From what I'm reading there is mature, intelligent debate and ideas being posted. Then, there's you.

If you have any ideas or wish to push your pro-LE ideals do so with-out the, 'THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!' drama/whining. There's no reason why you can't voice maturely why you think an idea may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    From what I'm reading there is mature, intelligent debate and ideas being posted. Then, there's you.
    Forum bitchslap. needed to be said

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    If you have any ideas or wish to push your pro-LE ideals do so with-out the, 'THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!' drama/whining. There's no reason why you can't voice maturely why you think an idea may not work.
    There is. Its called inability to grasp the concept of the topic at hand and enrich the discussion with valid input.

In other words. Stupidity. I wish i could be proved wrong but i highly doubt it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    You talk about disadvantage the way a politician does drach. Not a flame but you are pointing it out in such a way that it is merely a perceived disadvantage.
    And exactly that perceived disadvantage is the problem i tried to point out. Logically it won't matter much, but when have been people, foremost we, been logical?!

One side will always cry, whether for bigger fences or for the opposite.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    And exactly that perceived disadvantage is the problem i tried to point out. Logically it won't matter much, but when have been people, foremost we, been logical?!

One side will always cry, whether for bigger fences or for the opposite.
    Agreed but this is inevitable. all we can do is try and eliminate the crying through minimisation of it occurring. Thats the basics of risk management. Manage it in such a way as to make it be either unlikely to occur or occur in such a way that its impact is minimal. Jesus im in full on study mode today. i sound like a proper geek
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Agreed but this is inevitable. all we can do is try and eliminate the crying through minimisation of it occurring. Thats the basics of risk management. Manage it in such a way as to make it be either unlikely to occur or occur in such a way that its impact is minimal. Jesus im in full on study mode today. i sound like a proper geek
    But isn't that just glossing over the problem? Wouldn't a much more profound solution be adequate? But i guess, that would require resources we don't have...
    I just know, minimizing the problem doesn't solve it, in fact, at that point YOU just sound like a politician
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Do you really think an attitude like this is going to strengthen your side of the argument?

As Strife rightly points out, we're currently seeing thought-out, mature arguments on one side, and this sort of drivel on the other. Which do you think the development team are more likely to take note of? Sensible arguments which contribute to the discussion or highly emotional rants.

Note to self : Must look up if the word 'Emo' came from 'Emotional'

It did.

The fact is there is no counter argument for boosting XP. There is no valid reason why the LE people should feel aggrieved because they would have access to the same advantages by fulfilling said requirement. That is to remove the LE from their heads.

They could in fact (if it was coded properly) remove the le - double xp or whatever the gain would be - level to level 29 and put it back in thus enjoying the best of both worlds and deciding if LE removal at cap/80 base stats/woc/some other goal of their choosing was a viable option.

The reason chuck norris keeps posting drivel is because he has no properly constructed argument, is constantly on the back foot and feels outnumbered by the intellectual and thought provoking comments arising from other posters.

Chuck my old son, this is a battle of wits and you're firing blanks.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

There are probably two types of LE users:

Those who will have it permanently.
    They are not PvPers for whatever reason (and I don't think they should be denounced for that, I agree with Doc that the option should be there).

Those who have it temporarily.
    These people are keeping it until a given point in time/level when they will remove it.

The latter are the people we are interested in. If we want them to remove it (for whatever reason), that we have to know why they do not remove it.

If we examine this and then re-examine with an alteration to the way the LE functions, then we can find a way that encourages it's removal rather than an arbitrary heavy-handed 'fix'.

If a 20% xp bonus is applied to those without an LE, would that cause people to think it worth the risk to remove it? 10%? 30%?
    Same with mob cash reward, loot, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    There are probably two types of LE users:

Those who will have it permanently.
    They are not PvPers for whatever reason (and I don't think they should be denounced for that, I agree with Doc that the option should be there).

Those who have it temporarily.
    These people are keeping it until a given point in time/level when they will remove it.

The latter are the people we are interested in. If we want them to remove it (for whatever reason), that we have to know why they do not remove it.

If we examine this and then re-examine with an alteration to the way the LE functions, then we can find a way that encourages it's removal rather than an arbitrary heavy-handed 'fix'.

If a 20% xp bonus is applied to those without an LE, would that cause people to think it worth the risk to remove it? 10%? 30%?
    Same with mob cash reward, loot, etc.
    I see a logical flaw here in the second type of LE'd players: If they remove conciously their LE if they reach a certain level/ cap or WOC (what the majority is in my opinion) - then why you excpect you must encourage them to do this ?

The reality for this type is that they WILL remove the LE as planned, it's only a question of time. Time some posters here not have or will not allow. Most of the posters here are missing pvp and enough "soft targets" to kill, that's it.

And: The first type of LE player, those who will never remove the LE, they choosing this option for playstyle and they WILL leave the game for sure if you make dinstinct disadvantages for LE Player. If the differences are not distinct and minor ones than it's worthless for your intention.

We have a full spectrum of players, from pure pve players to hardcore pvp-lovers. Everytime these discussions are leading to a split in the player base, the give no result, exception would be one is shifting the situation in favor of one side. This will automatically let players leave the game on the other side.

I would appreciate if all players would have the choice for their playstyle and stay !

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    I see a logical flaw here in the second type of LE'd players: If they remove conciously their LE if they reach a certain level/ cap or WOC (what the majority is in my opinion) - then why you excpect you must encourage them to do this ?
    They are going to remove it regardless. It is a question of when and why not sooner.

Most of the posters here are missing pvp and enough "soft targets" to kill, that's it.
    I do not have an LE, I have no intention of finding low level non-LEed players to gank because it's easier than someone who's capped.
    The presumption that I do have that intention is part of the problem. I would prefer those who intend to be un-LEed to be un-LEed. If you don't want to use it, then why use it at all?
    If you find being PKed an inconvenience, then you have to find a way around it. In essence this comes down to keeping your LE in or relying on a clan/other runners to deal with those who killed you. People are so fearful of even the slightest break in xp gain that I know one clan leader who is the clan's only member, the other ten people are all LEed until cap. That is not conducive to a thriving community/clan system.

And: The first type of LE player, those who will never remove the LE, they choosing this option for playstyle and they WILL leave the game for sure if you make dinstinct disadvantages for LE Player.
    Why?

Seriously, why?

A PvE player is (in general) far more interested in the game world, different locations and the general content of the game than the hardcore PvPer and is not desperate to reach cap as soon as possible (since reaching cap quickly is really only done to engage in endgame PvP as soon as possible). An xp or cash reward reduction is meaningless since their experience of the game is completely different. A PvPer wants to PvP, with as little of the leveling as possible and spend as much time at the PvP endgame. The end game is no-where near as important to a PvEer, the whole spectrum of leveling/PvE is part of the game that they play. In some ways there is no endgame for PvE other than collating wealth, items and refining their characters over a long period of time.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast