Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Make a new pvp server and then watch it go down in flames like before imho, dont ruin titan
    The problem with Neptune was the PvP anywhere, not the fact that there were no LEs, if I remember correctly. That, and the completely gung-ho attitude of everyone due to it being new and shiny. It was a gankfest.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    The problem with Neptune was the PvP anywhere, not the fact that there were no LEs, if I remember correctly. That, and the completely gung-ho attitude of everyone due to it being new and shiny. It was a gankfest.

nowai UN-inhibitaded gankfest you say? likewhooa, dude you dont get it even when you type it do you?

Really, gotta love that community, biggest bunch of jerks on the web and you talk about bonding Those guys you wanna form kinship with hijacked your thread for a rally call for a witch hunt. They throw shit at others and with a self-righteous tone tell them to read the post again, while completely missing the point themselves.
    Well, guess i can't make it any worse... but i'll try! Not part of that madhouse for no reason.

Instead of getting carried away on sugar coated pep-talk that tickles the nostalgia bone, reading the post as it is reveals the following to me:

1. Nowhere, at any point talked the OP about removing the LE from the game. Yet people get all wet and fussy when they just see the word "LE" somewhere and as some sort of Pavlovian conditioning go nuts with their claims about removing the feature, disregarding the actual opinion or subject of the discussion.
    2. Quote Originally Posted by FoxDF View Post
      So long story short, there should be a XP gain difference between LE'd and none LE'd players again.
      Note i say difference, not penalty, as we cant just simple put in back the penalty again, that would just alienate the PvE players and low levels.
      But we should increase the XP gain for non LE'd players.
      You talk about difference not penalty, yet with the premise that non-LE'd players should have and advantage about LE'd players. The opposite of advantage is? Right, disadvantage. Or in other words: penalty. A disadvantage is a penalty. Point.
      Your whole idea is flawed by this. Whether you give LE an XP penalty or non-LE an XP buff is completely indifferent to the outcome. LE'd players are getting less XP and will feel penalized.
    3. I don't expect any proper idea of how that "difference" looks either. The whole point makes no sense actually. Either the difference is big enough to matter, then we are with the penalty again - or - its not big enough to matter, then the whole idea is pointless. There is just nothing in between. Its yes or no, maybe doesn't work here.

Removing the LE from the game is off the topic here.
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 07-02-13 at 18:46.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

This thread is about restoring community dynamics to nc1 style dynamics. If you weren't here then I feel bad for you son cos nc has 99 problems and the le is one.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    This thread is about restoring community dynamics to nc1 style dynamics. If you weren't here then I feel bad for you son cos nc has 99 problems and the le is one.
    The LE is not the root of the evil, its a symptom of the underlying problem.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    You talk about difference not penalty, yet with the premise that non-LE'd players should have and advantage about LE'd players. The opposite of advantage is? Right, disadvantage. Or in other words: penalty. A disadvantage is a penalty. Point.
    Your whole idea is flawed by this. Whether you give LE an XP penalty or non-LE an XP buff is completely indifferent to the outcome. LE'd players are getting less XP and will feel penalized.
    The reason for a buff for none LE'd players instead of a direct penalty for LE'd players, was for the reason of not putting pure PvE players in an disadvantage, as they would still gain the same amount of xp they do now, while players risking something by pullig it out get rewarded by getting a bit more xp.

Basicaly, if youre a PvE only player, this wont matter much to you, you still will get the same XP you used to, your still save from PKs and apparently you like to grind and level, so it also wont shorten your PvE-Journey.
    If youre a PvE and PvP player, you basicaly have a choice of risking something, stay save until your capped or risk getting PKed but level faster.

So the reason for a Increase of XP for None-LE'd players was to not alienate PvE Players.

if you put LE out when lvling up/equipping:
    no bunker lvling except you are neutral or friendly to mercs(fusion gimps ganking even runners with low ranks)
    no P2 aggi missions cuz there are always the "i shoot everyone thats not in my clan until i got -10 SL" - guys(RSC, RED, ....) camping the zoneline.
    no mc5 farming cuz there will be gankage as soon as you come there with a ppu mate and a big clan is there(no matter if you are green or not to them)

and there is an advantage for non LE guys already - 4th brainimp, capture ops and edit security settings to make people walk longer to the good lvlspots(last week CRP/Cycrow was always closed, if you look worldmap nearly all settings are AC/GRC)

if the guys owning ops would be more social or have manners there would be more guys without LE - so please CLOSE this threat moderator cuz this aint gonna happen!

There is a back way in to P2, and a Generep. Both are rarely guarded. There is an aggy cellar in p1 also.

The repeated 'grasping at straws' in naming advantages to taking your LE out by the 'Pro -LE' crowd hurts your cause rather than supports it. You're showing that there is very little real motivation to take it out.
    Last edited by Strife; 07-02-13 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by WooT View Post
    no bunker lvling except you are neutral or friendly to mercs(fusion gimps ganking even runners with low ranks)
    no P2 aggi missions cuz there are always the "i shoot everyone thats not in my clan until i got -10 SL" - guys(RSC, RED, ....) camping the zoneline.
    no mc5 farming cuz there will be gankage as soon as you come there with a ppu mate and a big clan is there(no matter if you are green or not to them)

and there is an advantage for non LE guys already - 4th brainimp, capture ops and edit security settings to make people walk longer to the good lvlspots(last week CRP/Cycrow was always closed, if you look worldmap nearly all settings are AC/GRC)

if the guys owning ops would be more social or have manners there would be more guys without LE - so please CLOSE this threat moderator cuz this aint gonna happen!
    Nuff'said

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    There is a back way in to P2, and a Generep. Both are rarely guarded. There is an aggy cellar in p1 also.

The repeated 'grasping at straws' in naming advantages to taking your LE out by the 'Pro -LE' crowd hurts your cause rather than supports it. You're showing that there is very little real motivation to take it out.
    People ask for reason's they are listed then immediately dismissed as "grasping at straws", this conversation is unreasonable and will go no where. People will not acknowledge facts and purely want to go off their gut feelings.

1.) Facts have been listened to and acknowledged. An advantage to taking your LE out was suggested, and agreed on.
    2.) Everything listed is not immediately being dismissed as grasping at straws. See above.
    3.) When has anyone ever said. MAN, I CANT WAIT TO TAKE MY LE OUT SO I CAN MAKE PEOPLE RUN FURTHER, HELL YEAH THIS GAME ROCKS! The suggestion was absurd and a poor attempt to fabricate an appeal to take an LE out.

Don't sit here and make up lies and bullshit to push your agenda. The one I see being dismissive and not listening is you. If you cant make an argument please don't bother posting bullshit instead.

Okay, I'm just going to express my opinion once again, but make it as clear as possible this time.

It's clear from this thread that we have an incredibly stubborn community, and that applies to both sides of the 20ft fence that divides us, myself included. Regardless, maybe the devs were around in the early days and understand the true nature of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    nowai UN-inhibitaded gankfest you say? likewhooa, dude you dont get it even when you type it do you?
    I'm assuming you meant uninhibited. With that in mind, I don't think harsh LE penalties or even the removal of the LE would result in an uninhibited gank-fest 100% of the time. Sure, a rather large percentage would end in bloodshed, but please refer to exhibit A (the opening post) on why that's not necessarily a terrible thing.

I'm not quite sure that's a bad thing in itself. If anything, it emphasises the point the OP was making and that I have tried to reinforce in my last post. You'd have alternatives, such as:

- Asking the people at the bunker to help you kill the CM ganker
    - Join a clan, and call them to help you at the bunker
    - Level somewhere away from enemy territory
    - If all else fails, shout on HELP channel for someone to come and kill the person that's killed you at MB bunker.

Go to Plaza 1. There's an aggie cellar there, and it's really not THAT far to run around the corner to the city c

This is one of the main reasons I want it removed/changed in the first place. I firmly believe that the valuable spots such as MC5, the WoC tunnels and such should be fought over by rival groups/clans. As it stands right now, a team of LE players can literally hog these entire areas without ANY consequences. No risk, all the reward.

The 4th brain implant is hardly a big deal when it comes to levelling without risk. I'd hardly call it much of an advantage, and that extra implant slot is certainly no incentive for people to remove their LEs.

No response required.

You do realise that all of the people who have no les in just want more people to fight.

You should also realise that if you called for their help because someone is in the Sewer Pking noobs that a fair few people would fucking love the chance to pk that person into oblivion!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by william antrim View Post
    you do realise that all of the people who have no les in just want more people to fight.

You should also realise that if you called for their help because someone is in the sewer pking noobs that a fair few people would fucking love the chance to pk that person into oblivion!
    ooohhhh yeah baby!

Some people want game to remain like a single player, with optional multi player.

This is not what NC is. NC is a FPSMMO. What part of FPSMMO do you guys not understand ?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast