Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    it never did. maybe in pre-alpha, as i wasnt playing NC back then. bonus: now we have evidence you were playing under influence.
    It totally did, @ L10 or so iirc. Not Pre-alpha at all, though we did call the release "Betail" back then. Still LE's fell out at a given level and could not be put back in, and this was intended behavior.

LE's were not intended to be lifetime 'plants in the original design of this game, they were changed in 2.x to allow for the playstyles available in games like WoW and EQ and similar that had become popular in the time between NC1 and NC2x, which was originally just supposed to be an update to NC1, ex-pack style.

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    Fine.... and they WILL blown up, regardless blocking corpses
    Another one of those LE exploits that pisses me off, when I say LE players have this "you can't touch me, I'll do whatever I want" attitude this is exactly what I'm talking about. So yea, those vehicles WILL be blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dope View Post
    It totally did, @ L10 or so iirc. Not Pre-alpha at all, though we did call the release "Betail" back then. Still LE's fell out at a given level and could not be put back in, and this was intended behavior.

LE's were not intended to be lifetime 'plants in the original design of this game, they were changed in 2.x to allow for the playstyles available in games like WoW and EQ and similar.
    Thank you for confirming that, I remember it being level 10 that it used to pop out too.

Quote Originally Posted by gostly View Post
    Another one of those LE exploits that pisses me off, when I say LE players have this "you can't touch me, I'll do whatever I want" attitude this is exactly what I'm talking about. So yea, those vehicles WILL be blown up.
    Hell yeah they will, imma sit at DRT and blow up every vehicle that anyone spawns, I can't wait for that change. Teach them LE's a good lesson.

The REAL Walker

The reason why Im using a unLE'd gunner, when I dual-log for Rhino'ing..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Hell yeah they will, imma sit at DRT and blow up every vehicle that anyone spawns, I can't wait for that change. Teach them LE's a good lesson.
    Do you have to troll every time you post? When an LE rhino drives up on a mob that you were hitting and sits on top of it(so you can't target the corpse) until they can loot it, that's an exploit. I wouldn't sit at an ASG just blowing up vehicles, that's lame.

Do you have to troll every time you post? When an LE rhino drives up on a mob that you were hitting and sits on top of it(so you can't target the corpse) until they can loot it, that's an exploit. I wouldn't sit at an ASG just blowing up vehicles, that's lame.
    Lame ? We'll see. If it is not you there are enough other idiots which only log in to do this. And this patch will favor them.

I am playing Neocron since 2005, for nearly 8 years now and i have never - i say NEVER - saw a guy with or without LE blocking corpses with a vehicle from other players (on Mars). Maybe thats special for Terra, where i have never been, but i am tired to read again and again this "example" which people here are (mis)using to make this patch issue a good one.

What a bullshit, sorry.

But on the backhand you will hinder people to level barter, resser etc as driver or collecting parts with fun.

This is no good deal, Sir.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    Lame ? We'll see. If it is not you there are enough other idiots which only log in to do this. And this patch will favor them.

I am playing Neocron since 2005, for nearly 8 years now and i have never - i say NEVER - saw a guy with or without LE blocking corpses with a vehicle from other players (on Mars). Maybe thats special for Terra, where i have never been, but i am tired to read again and again this "example" which people here are (mis)using to make this patch issue a good one.

What a bullshit, sorry.

But on the backhand you will hinder people to level barter, resser etc as driver or collecting parts with fun.

This is no good deal, Sir.

Reed
    Never seen this? Really? I've seen it multiple times now since I've been back and every time the Rhino sits on the corpse for long enough so that they can open it and the person on-foot cannot. It's not bullshit, people do it. Dare I say that I've been victimized by LE players on more than 1 occasion without basically being called a liar?

I'm not trolling I'm actually going to do this... Why is it everytime I express my opinion on this matter I get yelled down by the people who disagree with me, so much so that they get my other threads locked? I am agreeing with you guys on this one, I think it's gonna be awesome to blowup LE'd peoples vehicles and there's nothing they can do about it.

Same shit has happened to me multiple times. Always an LE driver. Looks like the guys who want to fight fair will now have a chance to do that.

Gostly, it's called sarcasm. And he was being sarcastic to prove a point. Moreover, I agree that people who sit/cover mobs is a problem that needs to be addressed. I put my 2 cents in about this specific topic over on the Patch 181 discussion thread.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Never seen this? Really? I've seen it multiple times now since I've been back and every time the Rhino sits on the corpse for long enough so that they can open it and the person on-foot cannot. It's not bullshit, people do it. Dare I say that I've been victimized by LE players on more than 1 occasion without basically being called a liar?
    I didn't call you a liar, because i cannot foreclose that you have experienced this. All i wanted to say is that (on Mars) i never saw this or even heard about this method.

And i never saw this on Titan from the beginning. So how often it is observed ? And change an important mechanic ónly due this ?

I cannot imagine, that is ROC compatible to block other loot this way.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    I'm not trolling I'm actually going to do this... Why is it everytime I express my opinion on this matter I get yelled down by the people who disagree with me, so much so that they get my other threads locked? I am agreeing with you guys on this one, I think it's gonna be awesome to blowup LE'd peoples vehicles and there's nothing they can do about it.
    For a long time its been...LE guys blow up everyone's vehicles and drive away laughing. Now we stand on even grounds. Ill bet even the most soft of players will enjoy defending their property and space to level. They will enjoy the rewards more and experience what its like to defend yourself with honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshifty View Post
    Gostly, it's called sarcasm. And he was being sarcastic to prove a point. Moreover, I agree that people who sit/cover mobs is a problem that needs to be addressed. I put my 2 cents in about this specific topic over on the Patch 181 discussion thread.
    That's what trolling is though isn't it? Faid is being sarcastic and mocking us with his posts aka trolling. That's why his threads are getting closed and his posts are losing credibility more and more.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Same shit has happened to me multiple times. Always an LE driver. Looks like the guys who want to fight fair will now have a chance to do that.
    Out of about 100 techs farmed, this has happend 3-4 times against me.. Also with an LE'd driver/gunner every time. Needless to say, that I dont farm techs without a unLE'd driver in a Rhino anymore..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Never seen this? Really? I've seen it multiple times now since I've been back and every time the Rhino sits on the corpse for long enough so that they can open it and the person on-foot cannot. It's not bullshit, people do it.
    And that sucks, those guys are asshats and honestly deserve to get their shit blown up imo. However, un-le'd players can drive their Rhino onto an le'd players mob with no fear of retaliation...I'm assuming that happens as well, so this just fixes one side of things.

The current system appears broken, so a change is needed; however, what's implemented in this patch just appers to punish le'd characters who want to drive vehicles...there have been several good ideas in this thread, so hopefully the devs are taking notes

-Edited- shouldn't try to multi-task at work
    Last edited by Disturbed21; 20-02-13 at 23:32.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast