Nur ein plöder Tank!

Exclamation Runspeed Cap = Melee down.

I dont want to vote for no runspeed rework. But a runspeed cap without other changes will take the melee tank the only thing he has - speed. Okay, besides low and mid-level PvE.

Nowadays melee tank is a quite good 1 on 1 pvp-char. But with a speedcap this times are over.
    Post bitte nicht falsch verstehen! Ich liebe dieses Game, sonst würd ich hier nix schreiben.

R.I.P. Sama Riter (Preacher bis Evo 2.2, der sich als PPU nicht wohlgefühlt hat)

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    yes, runspeed needs to be readjusted. basic speed is ok, but top speed needs to be soft-capped or slowed by a lower parameter. like this:

if 100 DEX + 100 ATL + 100 AGL (= 300 runpoints) will make you run 33m/s while 0 DEX + 0 ATL + 0 AGL (= 0) make you run 3 m/s, there's a base runspeed value of 3 and a parameter of 0.1. (10 ATH, AGL + DEX = 30 would make you run 3 + 30*0.1 = 6 m/s in my totally made up example)

if we change our little parameter from 0.1 (1:10) to 0.05 (1:20), a newb would still run 3 m/s, the lowlevel 3 + 30*0.05= 4.5 m/s and our true neocronian athlete 3 + 300*0.5= 18 m/s.
    Without knowing any values or current relationships, I'd suggest something like:

If ATH+AGL = >151 then Speed = ((ATH+AGL)*A)+C
    Else Speed = (150*A)+((ATH+AGL-150)*B)+C

Where C is the base speed (you can't have runners with 0 agl/ath unable to move).
    A is the 'primary' speed factor.
    B is the 'secondary' speed factor.

The REAL Walker

Honestly though, before some balancing this Whole subject is pretty pointless. Resists are close to worthless. Even with a softcap on speed, I would still overspec my speed like crazy.
    Considering the INSANE damage of some weapons is, it is MUCH better to avoid getting hit (even by only a single burst), than it is to have good resists.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I think run speed should be changed, but only if the whole picture is taken into consideration (resists, weapon balance etc).
    The current situation isn't really fun, especially as a ppu where you have to run around chasing a school of fish on crack.

There needs to be a runspeed sotfcap. i am a pvp maniac but i see no good coming from distancing the players even more. atm we have a few guys who can handle the speeds and alot of newer or less experienced runners frustrated with such a high learning curb. lowering runspeed caps will stimulate more and better pvp for the entire server. the best will still be the best and the newer guys will be more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    I think run speed should be changed, but only if the whole picture is taken into consideration (resists, weapon balance etc).
    The current situation isn't really fun, especially as a ppu where you have to run around chasing a school of fish on crack.
    That are my thoughts too but mokoi stated somwhere they are not intending to change any items.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

I've done OP wars and zoneline pvp alll day. I am going to do alot more tradeskilling until the game is fixed abit. People run around like a school of fish on crack. Movement is way too jerky and there's no such thing as working as a team. Its basically hit whoever you can get a retical on. Boring tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    I've done OP wars and zoneline pvp alll day. I am going to do alot more tradeskilling until the game is fixed abit. People run around like a school of fish on crack. Movement is way too jerky and there's no such thing as working as a team. Its basically hit whoever you can get a retical on. Boring tbh.
    I have to say I actually agree with this.

We had a few OP fights yesterday, and the movement is so ridiculously fast and erratic that you're constantly having to switch targets; that's assuming you can even target someone for long enough to hit them, and your own team mates don't break your lock.

The tactics of old are close to useless now. OP fights have deteriorated into a battle of which side knows the most tricks/bugs.

I am now 100% officially PRO runspeed cap.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiwahn View Post
    I dont want to vote for no runspeed rework. But a runspeed cap without other changes will take the melee tank the only thing he has - speed. Okay, besides low and mid-level PvE.

Nowadays melee tank is a quite good 1 on 1 pvp-char. But with a speedcap this times are over.
    This is another issue entirely. I'm sure the current team will understand that any runspeed cap will essentially butcher the melee class entirely. I'm confident though that when the balancing starts to happen, maybe we'll see other advantages added for melee characters to compensate for their lack of runspeed.

PS : I have a near-cap, WoC melee tank on Titan.

A soft cap and reworking of the melee imps to enable them to reach ath/agl levels higher than other classes might work to keep the melee users in contention.

We had an op fight at Simmons yesterday and I noticed that the drone camera seems to behave differently. I can't put my finger on it, but I was able to aim much better with it and the moment I switched to a runner it was like errr wtf.

Haven't really thought of it before, is there something different or just me. Haven't used a droner in PvP much really however. Obviously, the drone moves in a different manner, but even if I stand still with the drone or runner respectively the aiming seems different.

EDIT: I realized now what it is (doh). In drone mode I am using first person and when on a runner 3rd. The 3rd person view has this weird spring effect to the camera. I started a brainport thread a while back on this, to have it removed or to have an option to choose at least.
    Last edited by phunqe; 16-02-13 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    EDIT: I realized now what it is (doh). In drone mode I am using first person and when on a runner 3rd. The 3rd person view has this weird spring effect to the camera. I started a brainport thread a while back on this, to have it removed or to have an option to choose at least.
    that actually explains why I haven't noticed much of the targeting problems that people have talked about, I always pvp in first person
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Deff agree on melee tanks will be kinda screwed. I've always pushed for more dps for melee. this would bring them back to op wars too.

PvP is not even fun anymore. 1v1 or op wars. Im just dragging on waiting for a fix. its too jerky. Run speed is so high a pe can be as fast as my tank and take 74 from a toxic ionic cannon.

Once again making the thread about you.

Anyway back on topic, the softcap on runspeed needs to be tiered and the penalties for weapons and PA need to be re-adjusted inline with that. Yes you say melee tanks are screwed so then you make heavy weapons have more of a penalty. PA is a tough one because you don't wanna over nerf it to make it unwearable, maybe make the +hc stats slightly more inline with giving it more -ath so no pa is a hit to your hc but +pa is a massive hit to your MS.

monks need a flat softcap as spells aren't affected, rifles again inline with hc to a lesser % but both pistol and rifle get the PA hit.
    CanDaMan

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast