i don't know what the answer is i am not technical or understand con and resists or caps all i what is a quick fix to this problem even the wrong would be better than non and as stated in previous posts in other topics curently i think the situation is worse now than it was with the clipping bugs.
    [

I hope they bring the runspeed cap already today when they manage to fix the bugs.

Otherwise PvP wouldn't make sense at all for the next days and maybe weeks.

What about having a cap on speed and then a bonus % somewhere along the line for weapon drawn. Like with a Rifle or a cannon you have % malus but with a pistol/glove/melee weapon you get a bonus?

What if being a Melee fighter gave you bonuses to your speed? rather than a nerf. Call it "melee reflexes" or whatever.

Rifle and Cannons users IMO should take a hit on their ath but Pistol users and particularly monks need the speed.

The only class that would have any kind of nerf in this suggestion is the Rifle SPY. He has weak resists and would be slower than his pistol counterpart but with the stealth tool he will have a get out clause for fighting.

I think Net and Doc are right on this one. With a runspeed cap the game will come down to resist set ups all over again and it will make it easier for the newer guys with less aim.

P.s I lol'd at the comment about all the people who havent grown up with shooters. Come on now, I am 32 and have been playing shooters for years but the kids these days play COD from being just out of the womb! Theyre much better than I am and if theyre not then all the more reason to stick around and improve!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Default runspeed vs resists

sorry couldnt resist
    "I'm on the corner, wearing my leather. This dude comes up and he's, like, "hey, punk!"
    I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

Have to agree to Doc and William but I think the main problem is that NC is NOT designed to be a twitch shooter. So if you become so fast that you outmaneuver the aiming system it is flawed by design. The Bonus/Malus System from William seems quite viable (and logical too! You can't run fast with a heavy machinegun but if you just carry a pistol? Piece of cake! ) and the reintroduction of Parashock and Frost Weapons for a certain percentage will even the playingfield even more! And for THAT issue one more thing: Why not get these things working for PvE again too? May help dealing with mobs with INSANE Damage Output like the regant ones - and instead of just pushing the damage of mobs altogether you could make them quicker - so you have the possibility to survive and use frost/para to slow them back to "normal". Would give high level encounters a little twist instead of "if it hits you - you die". And I have to bring the bad game with 3 letters into this discussion (and any other MMO in this matter) where you had to use tactics to win - maybe another point to think about? OK - flame me for the WxW example ^^

DISCLAIMER : I AM NOT PRO-PARASHOCK. It almost murdered the game last time around.

However...

If freezer weapons/parashock came back, it'd have to be rather miniscule in terms of % slow-down. Also, give it to every class, and make it even.

10-15% speed reduction in the form of a TL 85 (ish) pistol/rifle/cannon/melee/apu spell/ppu spell.

I must say though, I prefer the other alternatives over having everyone open a fight with an attack which slows down the opponent. That being said, failure to get that first shot in could have a huge impact on the outcome of every fight.

PS : I used to LOVE my freezer pistol, in slot 2 of my QB.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    DISCLAIMER : I AM NOT PRO-PARASHOCK. It almost murdered the game last time around.

However...

If freezer weapons/parashock came back, it'd have to be rather miniscule in terms of % slow-down. Also, give it to every class, and make it even.

10-15% speed reduction in the form of a TL 85 (ish) pistol/rifle/cannon/melee/apu spell/ppu spell.

I must say though, I prefer the other alternatives over having everyone open a fight with an attack which slows down the opponent. That being said, failure to get that first shot in could have a huge impact on the outcome of every fight.

PS : I used to LOVE my freezer pistol, in slot 2 of my QB.
    Please no. Not at all. Runspeed cap moves the focus back to resists (tweaking your set up and testing it in nf and discussing it with your mates) and carrying two guns for 2 different damage types, means more risk of dying and more chance of interesting stuff dropping. Also means that NON-rares might also stand a chance of being made viable with the balancing patch that might be coming along!!!

A runspeed cap would do wonders for the noobs who want to pvp but darent. They would have a chance and the elite pros would have new targets.

Bringing in a freeze weapon would set the server back 10 years. It almost killed NC. DO NOT GO there. please.

More pvp also means more PVP events which means more player run events which means we get back to a resemblance of NC1 which is only a good thing!

kthxbai

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

William, not the freezer weapons almost killed the server but the balancing of them by KK..
    Holy Parashock/Rare Freezer should slow you down max. 50% instead of nailing you to the ground.
    Non-Rares even less. Combined with the runspeed cap it should work out fine

Personally I think that a para, freeze implementation would not be a server/game killer as the drama queen is stating, but I do think it needs to be tested, tested, tested again and then retested till we find a proper balance that doesn't allow perma slow but does give advantage when used.
    CanDaMan

Just a thought. What if strafing had a speed penalty to it? Nothing dramatic, just enough where combat isnt massively twitchy. You'd still keep your forward run speed.

And just for the record. I feel that the current movement near completely ruins PvP, to the point where I'd prefer to not participate. It becomes a game of luck, and a fraction of it being skill. Not to whine, just to make sure admins know that this should take a higher priority. Op fighting JUST started to pick back up after what seems like half of the last batch of op fighters simply quit the game.

drama queen lol.

entitled to an opinion no?

I dont like freezers. Sorry, thats just me.

There is a difference between, I don't like freezers and END OF NEOCRON AND LIFE AS WE KNOW ITTTTTTTTTT
    CanDaMan

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Cannings View Post
    There is a difference between, I don't like freezers and END OF NEOCRON AND LIFE AS WE KNOW ITTTTTTTTTT
    Freezers used to almost stick you to the spot, only holy para was worse, which if you didn't have any shock breaker drugs you might as well have just walked away from you computer for a minute.

They were simply far to powerful and took fun out of pvp.

Thread stickied as a highlighted discussion.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

they should have much lower dmg output and only proc like a half a second or second Psi based stun (rares). This would make them effective in pvp and pve will need some tweaking for pvp. Make it much more of a tool vs a viable dmg spec. This could also make ressist psi something more useful, since you could resist the effect of the freezer

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast