Runspeed should be different from player to player.
    Don't have a cap provvide different builds.

is the real issue this no runspeed cap? Or is about the difficult to hold a player with one of the many speed debuffs?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlias View Post
    Don't have a cap provvide different builds.
    Unfortunately at the moment it's not capped and it doesn't provide different builds. Everyone is speccing for as much runspeed as they can get, as that is that most viable way to play/pvp at the moment. Runspeed currently is greater than all defensives/CON.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

i don't get it.

What about slowing weapons? if i hit you with a rare one you should face the ground for a few secs.
    and what about if target hits you all the time? No resistances = istant death, isnt it? I remember on nc1 1 fire apocalypse hit killed a spy with no fire res.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlias View Post
    i don't get it.

What about slowing weapons? if i hit you with a rare one you should face the ground for a few secs.
    and what about if target hits you all the time? No resistances = istant death, isnt it? I remember on nc1 1 fire apocalypse hit killed a spy with no fire res.
    Para-effects were made useless with 2.2 (and thank god for that). So there isnt any worthwhile "slow effects" anymore.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

i see no point in this ( but now understand why resistances re quite useless compared to ath ), but good to know.

Imo there should be a softcap, and it should be restricted to class and it's personal possibilities in dextery and constitution. Nearly every class is as fast as Usain Bolt, tbh I like to play a fast character as well, but what I sometimes see is just sick.
    There should be a clear visible difference between a tc and a non-tc tank with everything in agility, but the difference is brutal. As a tank you nearly need no consetup in a op fight with ppu support and the resis from your armor, because you are fast enough to get not hit, run between enemies, bugg from tree to wall etc.
    But the whole speed discussion is up to many factors, if the paralyzing weapons would work again, the speed wouldn't be that problem it is right now.

But then the players with non-highspeed-setup would be fucked up, because a holy frostration would them fix to the ground I don't know how the netcode works, but a good idea would be to tie the strength of a paralyzing spell to the runspeed of the enemy, means for example: A weapon like Summer leech would subtract for example some percent of the idividual runspeed of a runner each shot/cast.

Would solve some problems at the same time, High-speed setuped runners could get slowed down, there would be a use for weapons like Summer Leech etc, drugs against paralysis would make more sense and so on...

The runspeed is that high that character model twitch/jerk and generally display choppy movements. It makes everything much harder to aim. On my APU, I can run for cover faster than some guns even shoot. Meaning by the 2/4 of the dissy shot I am out of the LOS of the attacker... Shitty indeed.

Yesterday in P2 Zoltan's all-arti PE could run faster than I could turn around...

We need at least movements smoothing, and if it's not possible then a runspeed cap.

Neocron is no unreal tournament or something same to compare with.

In my opinion we have to look on many factors to make a desicion of a runspeed cap or not. I would do a workaround on some more positions. Currently drugs can push a character way too hard over the edge. A limit of drugs would be fine and would make sense too. Also i would change the massive effect on runspeed some drugs cause. The decrease of runspeed on pas (increase of it with a holo PA) is another aspect i would take advisedly.

nevertheless i see a necessity of a runspeedcap. In my opinion a runspeed of 0.86-0.90 is fast enough. probably 95% the runners get in trouble with a higher runspeed + decent movement. Thats not the sense of a MMORPG in which just the chosen 5% bash a whole server. There should always be a chance for everyone to compete against others successful.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Well i have read most of posts here and it seems there are a few issues not just the run speed..... and if anything because there are the run speed issue is becoming buried somewhat there is more than just world PVP there is Oppwar PVP now i have to ask what is the most important to this game.

1) being leet and not being killed in P2
    2) being leet and not being killed in an opp war

I haven't done much fighting in P2 but i have done some opp warring and i found that the spies now move that fast they move before my reticle closes perhaps we could get some sort of splash damage back with canons.
    some changes are needed or this will turn into a server full of spys and ppu's ....... if you think that resists work you need to look again the best resist is still not getting hit, tanks still die if there slow just a little slower.

I was talking to a spy in our clan he said he don't care about resists or buffs just give me a running heal and am good to go.
    maybe we could change the heals make them heal for the same amout but reduce the time they run for.

I could go on and on with sugestions but am fast running out of (do i care juice) and really the game has had so many changes some good some bad that i Wonder if it just needs a complete rewrite i was reading earlier how PE's are screwed over the ability to get WoC as a tank i don't give a shit about WoC why would i i don't wear PA and the rocket launcher is useless TBH even the rare and MC5 chips for tanks are pointless to how you need to make your tank setups work.

since comming back i never see APU's unless there leveling ..... to change to PPU.

melee tanks used to be fun but due to the current stamina you fast run out of stam boosters + there damage ain't that hot

so lets all level spys WoC them and let the gm's consider if that the way they want the game to go.
    [

Gj with the runspeed i was alltimes Consetup>speed but now Speed> resi/ hlt .. you dont need anything because 90% of the guys cant even hit you but i like it because now you need really a aim

Quote Originally Posted by Petalustig View Post
    Gj with the runspeed i was alltimes Consetup>speed but now Speed> resi/ hlt .. you dont need anything because 90% of the guys cant even hit you but i like it because now you need really a aim
    Try me with my doombeamer, GL without resists or health or incorrect positioning :P
    Last edited by slith; 06-02-13 at 23:42.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Apprently, players even resort to using HC AOE because they have issues aiming a runner with a single target weapon.

This is sad.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    Personally I vote for a 'softcap' the same as we had in NC1/NC2. Also I do feel that weapon aiming/recticle closure rates need looking at to bring them more into line with how they used to be in NC1/NC2 as well.
    THIS.

Combat in NC1 was much, much, much better.

For those saying that with a runspeed cap spies will die too fast because of the shield nerf - good. So they should. They shouldn't be able to run around at an opwar dishing out more damage than a tank without even needing to stealth because they're too fast for most people to hit frequently enough to negate their holy heal. Spies are an absolute joke right now.

I do, however, agree that it would fuck APUs even more than they already are.
    Something needs to be done with them. Desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    Try me with my doombeamer, GL without resists or health or incorrect positioning :P
    I think you have See it yesterday with Ppus on both Sides Falk :P ... But it sucks you dont need any Consetup now .. Fight vs 2 fullbuffed Tanks like 1 min and none of them get a Hit in this Time

cap would be intriguing but as mentioned it needs to come with certain other changes. you cannot screw one class royally trying to compensate.

Other options is class by class caps. rather than a one size fits all cap.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast