Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Perhaps. But it is still not something to talk about on the forum..
    Not only is it not allowed, it is also bad for the game (newbs seeing threads like this, can quickly start to fear the worst).

Mod; feel free to delete this reply if needed.
    BS, its a problem regardless how you feel. Dont ignore it, thats basically why this thread was started i suspect.

I think walker is talking shit. 4 speed drugs will make any fast setup get to the warp-choppy state in which we ser a lot of runners nowadys.

As I said before, people see what people are. Chomp on this for a few mins Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    As it stands right now, speed is everything. Speed should not be THE most important factor in determining the result of a fight, but it really is.
    Indeed. PvP viability needs to be a choice between speed, resists and damage (with player skill layered over the whole lot).
    As it is, going for the latter two is not a 'viable' option.

It also doesn't help when some weapons are insane. I got into a fight with a dizzy spy the other day: I have 60 resist energy (don't have a PPR at the moment), 70 energy armour (more on the body), PE shields and I still dropped in less than one clip.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Indeed. PvP viability needs to be a choice between speed, resists and damage (with player skill layered over the whole lot).
    As it is, going for the latter two is not a 'viable' option.

It also doesn't help when some weapons are insane. I got into a fight with a dizzy spy the other day: I have 60 resist energy (don't have a PPR at the moment), 70 energy armour (more on the body), PE shields and I still dropped in less than one clip.
    And this is why Im against any sort of speed nerf before some sort of balancing..

@Kame: Im not sure what your talking about? Is it that I said that a one vs. one should last more than a couple of minutes? It shouldnt.. Even when my enemies have a ppu up their ass, it rarely takes longer than that.. Its only the fights where there is multiple people it starts to take longer, since your reticle keeps on getting fucked by others..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Actually i was adressing chuck norris, so disregard that, dropout.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Actually i was adressing chuck norris, so disregard that, dropout.
    Ah fair enough, dont call him Walker then!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

So aslong as Neocron wants to stay a logical no more elves Game - There should be a softcap runspeed but within limitations of their class and that would need a certain point of balancing classes as a whole.

I'll explain:
    Tank: A brute and big genetically enhanced warmachine - strong and very good resistance against DMG. So let the Tank be the sturdiest and strongest character in-game with the best armor and DMG mitigation. It's only logical that he cant be the fastest in-game. His DMG should be above average
    Spy: a thin, intelligent and extraordinary dexterous class that is supposed to use the strongest Pistols/rifles/drones in-game. As long as agility is in the Dexterity Skill -> he should be the fastest character possible - although he is a very good DMG-Dealer - he should be the weakest as it comes to DMG-Mitigation.
    PE: The average Joe : average in everything but he's don't superior in any Skill. So he should be a little faster than a gen-tank, as he has more Dex. he is supposed to be the low-tech-king.
    Monk: slow and weak - but he is incredible powerful in PSI and Intelligence - should be the slowest and weakest class but also the class with the most DMG in-game possible

Idea is simple: We should set a realistic run-speed soft-cap so the more you skill in AGI/ATL the less its effective. BUT - the main skills DEX and CON - should be a factor that goes as well as AGI/ATL and weight in our calculation for Run-speed.

So if we conclude that 100 DEX and 100 Agility and 100 CON and 100 ATL are the fastest possible run-speed with a soft-cap at 75% at the values we set before. This would mean the best you could archive is 100% but it would be very expensive - in terms of economical skill distribution a value between 75% and 100% would be the best choice but would get less and less effective on the way to 100%.

i think humanly possible would be a runspeed of 35mph in the far future of the 29th century.
    As Usain Bolt the fastest Sprinter known today reaches nearly 28mph it should give us an idea.

first: Running Away (if loosing - lame,boring and not very explainable that a character near death could easyl escape with warpspeed)
    second: The fastest char wins, as he's nearly/impossible to hit
    third: there is no way to slow down a char with a spell/weapon except hitting their legs (aslong as you cant hit them in the legs they cant be slowed) - we need slows, stuns and debuffs to provide a suitable PvP expirience.

What do the 3 Things above mean: The faster classes dominate and they fear a balancing, because they do have an unfair advantage right now.
    NC should provide good gameplay/gametactics/skillsetups for everyone and not for just one good nearly unbeatable setup of one class that easily kills everything else.

What the dev team should implement:
    1 .softcap the runspeed
    2. after that find a way to slow down fights
    3.PvP consists of tactic, Aiming, DMG mitigation through skills/armor, slowing down the enemy and kill him (thats how it should be)
    today PvP just consists of aiming and movement (no more resistance setups, armor is more or less useless as it get shot through after the first pair of hits)
    4. Consider to get Endurance more in the calculation (the faster you run, the earlier you run out of endurance - except you have many points in endurance)

just my two cents
    Last edited by DeathCultLegion; 01-03-13 at 13:35. Reason: another idea

You forgot the monk. Just low dex/con.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

People who are near death naturally slow down.

We do NOT need slows/stuns etc as you said.

APUs should be akin to spies in terms of damage output/resistances.

speedcapping runspeed will naturally slow down the fights without any further need.

One thing at a time bro.

These are my immediate reactions to your post. The rest of it I liked.

Personally I would like to see drawn weapons have a runspeed nerf if nothing else. I think Tanks (having the best damage soak ability) should be the slowest. However I do not want to see anyone nerfed.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Lightbulb

Its a tactical element and it should be possible to slow down or stun for a short duration of time
    APUs should be akin to spies in terms of damage output/resistances.
    No, Spys cant do the same High DMG except they spare their runspeed - but it is unlikely a spy would take a bit more dmg to reach the APU-DMG and spare the quickness

speedcapping runspeed will naturally slow down the fights without any further need.
    it wont slow down fights - it will make them faster as before as the people will get hit again - only the movements would be slower - thats a big difference

One thing at a time bro.
    I agree - but we need to find a start
    These are my immediate reactions to your post. The rest of it I liked.

Personally I would like to see drawn weapons have a runspeed nerf if nothing else. I think Tanks (having the best damage soak ability) should be the slowest. However I do not want to see anyone nerfed.
    i think we already have a runspeedmalus on drawn tank weapons (my tank slows down if i draw a cannon and its totally fine - next thing to do - considerate the runspeedmalus of a drawn weapon if your skills let it barely use it - the runspeedmalus would be great - if you would exceed the required skills of the weapon by far - the runspeedmalus should decrease

that are my ideas on your thoughts

Stuns kill pvp. No dude. Been there done that. Dead against it.

- APU and Spy have different damage output due to their skillset (PSI vs Dex) but I bet you a pound to a pinch of shit their con set ups and agility stats will be akin to one another. Hence why I made the comment. Look at their stat distribution. Apu has less strength and more con but all in all they are as close to one another as they can be.

I am not gonna attempt to decipher your comment about runspeed.

Runspeed malus based on the overspeccing requirement to use a weapon - a MASSIVE NO from me. Too complicated to work out and scale. Just have a simplistic flat cap and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    No it would be a fucking noob-I-Win spell..
    Ever since Para was removed, it has been possible to do 1 vs 10-20 (depending on their skill ofc) fights, and come out on top. With slowdowns or even worse stuns, as you mention, this would no longer be possible..
    Without Para/stun, the game can keep on being a game where you need SKILL to win.

this too!
    Last edited by William Antrim; 01-03-13 at 14:48. Reason: Big up Walker...
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCultLegion View Post

Its a tactical element and it should be possible to slow down or stun for a short duration of time
    No it would be a fucking noob-I-Win spell..
    Ever since Para was removed, it has been possible to do 1 vs 10-20 (depending on their skill ofc) fights, and come out on top. With slowdowns or even worse stuns, as you mention, this would no longer be possible..
    Without Para/stun, the game can keep on being a game where you need SKILL to win.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

If run speed was soft capped again, then the run speed malus with a drawn would work again as intended, rather than being trivial like it is now.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678