Default [R#179/#180] Patch Discussion

The patchnotes can be found here.

First!

Also good job, seems like alot of work went into this patch! Very thankful for you guys keeping this game alive!

I had 3-4 people try to shoot me in P2 after patch, and they did indeed have a hard time hitting me. In fact they didnt hit me at all almost. I think there may be some "hacksploit" accusations in the following days when more people find out they cant hit shit

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    The patchnotes can be found here.
    Runspeed should not be slowed down, it should remain the same however aiming reticles should close significantly faster - Twitch aiming is a part of gaming and one that I welcome the encouragement of into neocron. [I mean we are enhanced via implants and what not!]

There do seem to be a few issues with the patch, new trade bugs have arrived and some peoples character models have broken
    Last edited by wargolem; 05-02-13 at 03:24.
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

dont forget:
    even debuffing and healing is harder too ;-)

worst case:
    no ppus needed in op fight

debuffing still works like Apu spells used to right? so its actually still the easiest job in terms of aim.... just try not to get them on the wrong person
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    Runspeed should not be slowed down, it should remain the same however aiming reticles should close significantly faster - Twitch aiming is a part of gaming and one that I welcome the encouragement of into neocron. [I mean we are enhanced via implants and what not!]

There do seem to be a few issues with the patch, new trade bugs have arrived and some peoples character models have broken
    Twitch gaming is what i wish they had since the start, oh well.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    See now this is a great idea! I was about to just whine about the idea of slowing Things Down, but making the reticle speed faster, is an absolutely brilliant idea!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Yeah .. the clippers are about to whine.

As I read the Patchnotes this was kind of obvious.
    Did you ever play late NC1 or NC2? The Runspeed was not that high and you needed movement and awareness. Especially as a tank where you were slowed down while drawing your weapon.

But there was nothing bad about that. People specced some resist, tried to move better.

The PvP nowadays is just like: "Oh my god, I am at half of my HP, I am gonna RUUUUN!!!!"
    And nobody is able to follow, because of the netcode and because of the obstacles they run around.
    The runspeed as it is now would be fine if we had levels like in Quake or Unreal Tournament. But we don't. This is Neocron and no High-Speed-First Person Shooter.

I would like to see that Players in Neocron put some diversity on there setups. Like speccing more or less resist. Being able to spend some points on Repair and Vehicle Use instead on speed would be awesome!
    Of course, there should still be a slight advantage to players who want to play lowtech, but it should still not have that large impact on your runspeed.

Lots of people reporting missing items, tagged GRs and even goguardians emptied. Expect a server rollback.

It would be tremendously helpful if people were reporting issues either here or in the bug reports forum instead of using only ingame chat.

I wish I could hit like on posts because the above one made me laugh.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 05-02-13 at 13:02. Reason: stupid mobile phone

Nabbl - Thumbs UP mate.

chaos caves are completely ruined invisible hits / poison / mobs nice patch............... leveling almost grinds to a haulteven with a ppu...... yawn i cba anymore tbh you should have fixed APU barrels before you messed around with the caves not only do you have to dodge all of the above but you need to dodge your own barrels ............ >.< ...... :@
    Last edited by Dundonian; 05-02-13 at 14:01.

tbh, the incredible runspeed is an highly underestaminated mistake did in 2007. We should find a way back to (CON SETUP > RUNSPEED), to become the game more NC1/2'ish again
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    tbh, the incredible runspeed is an highly underestaminated mistake did in 2007. We should find a way back to (CON SETUP > RUNSPEED), to become the game more NC1/2'ish again
    this!

Same with this Weapon Lore thing... There once was a cap on 249% weapon precision. Aiming was just "capped". That meant that everybody was at the same level of his aiming skill. Now some people just put every single point in Weapon Lore instead of speccing some Hacking or Poking. Aiming became somehow more easy with that.
    I would go the other way and suggest: Put a softcap on Damage and Frequency (which means damage at the end too) and put a cap on Aiming... (as closing reticle shouldn't be that fast as it can be now...)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast