Thread: Gun sounds

Default Gun sounds

Liberator and Pain easer and all associated weapons of this type. They sound weak and pathetic. The original gun sounds were much meatier and sounded like a real assault rifle etc.

Can they be changed back? Is that possible?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

It's definitely possible. sound.pak stores these effects, and it's probably as simple as swapping out a wav.

PS - I AGREE.

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

When I came back last month after lots of years away, I rolled a pistol PE and recycled a mendicant SMG. I fired it, expecting the same old awesome sound from back in the day.....and when I heard what I heard after firing it for the first time, I said out loud "What the f*ck?!". The new weapon models are really nice....but the SMG pistol and Assault rifle sounds leave a looooot to be desired. No offense to whoever recorded/found/mixed/whatever those sounds, but I think the old ones were perfect and not in need of change.

The REAL Walker

God yes, let us have the old sounds back (or new ones, I dont care - just NOT the current ones!).
    The Libby sound is just straight out pathetic.. Would honestly never use one without a silencer..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Maybe you can change this in your own client, it might be illegal I'm not sure. I think an exception can be made for sounds, it's the same as changing the RPOS, it wouldn't give you any advantage over other players, it's just a preference.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    Maybe you can change this in your own client, it might be illegal I'm not sure. I think an exception can be made for sounds, it's the same as changing the RPOS, it wouldn't give you any advantage over other players, it's just a preference.
    If you can or not, is not something I want to get into..
    But Im very sure that its bannable.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I'm not suggesting anyone does it, just saying it might be possible and if so, I would hope we can get permission from the devs to do it, the same way permission was given for RPOS changes.

The only issue I can think of would be people changing the silencer sound to a normal gunshot, personally I don't think the silencer has ever actually helped tactically, I always thought of it as just as aesthetic thing but I'm not a PVPer so I don't really know.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    I'm not suggesting anyone does it, just saying it might be possible and if so, I would hope we can get permission from the devs to do it, the same way permission was given for RPOS changes.

The only issue I can think of would be people changing the silencer sound to a normal gunshot, personally I don't think the silencer has ever actually helped tactically, I always thought of it as just as aesthetic thing but I'm not a PVPer so I don't really know.
    It would be very nice, if we were allowed to change the sounds yeah
    And no, the silencer is just for the sexy sound - it doesnt help in PvP at all.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance