für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshotx7 View Post
    I can't believe you think my ideas suck. we'll, at least the game should be made so It runs well on Windows 7 and 8.

The death penalty in this game is worst that the death penalties in games like World of Warcraft, DC Universe, and Star Wars The Old Republic. The game is also unforgiving on newbie players, because the game is designed with levels, just like other MMOS, where low level players have no change against high level players. in World Of Warcraft, is already bad enough having to waste at least 1-3 minutes running back to your corpse, and resurecting, and being open to any npc attack, as well as 10% durability damage. But the death penalty in this game is too much. I don't want to be dropping items when I die, and having all my armor, and some implants to remove. Some implants may require someone to poke me to put them back in because I don't have the specialized skills to do so. Overall, this game should be more newbie friendly.

The game could also be annlying, where I'm just trying to level, and do stuff, when an enemy player goes kills me on sight, and then when I leave my apartment, I get killed again, and the imparement stacks.

I Think the developers should do something to attract more players to the game, or the game will just die out, and the servers will shut down for good.
    Now I could be wrong, if yes I apologize.
    But i think what we have here is a prime example of a troll, an interesting lifeform that had been thought to have died out, till the internet came up.
    It showed, that this species infact has survived through the ages, and dwells on unsuspecting users, baiting them to get fed. The lifeform often finds someone who feeds it cookies and then comes back for more. If the feeding stops it will still linger around to see if there isn't someone who might still feed it, or someone who starts again because they think its just too cute.
    It has been shown in the past, that the lifeform Troll can also start a rage that is dangerously infective to those around it, so most of the times its best to stay calm around it.
    If careful, the lifeform is a very interesting one to look at and to observate.
    Often people just feed it to keep it around for their amusement.
    Since this is just such a fascinating creature I couldn't stop and not comment to it and its beauty.
    Again I apologize if I am mistaken, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

I always thought the death "penalty" in Neocron was pretty tame compared to other games. The SI and some implants popping out and having to drag my armor back into its slots (real hard...) is chump change.

Dieing in EQ2 on the other hand is more of a pain in the ass. Especially before they patched the soul shard death mechanic out. Aside from all of my gear taking a 10% hit (so basically die 10 times and you're naked...have to find the mender NPC and get your stuff back to 100%), the real pain was having "xp debt". Meaning, for every monster you kill, you don't actually get the full amount, because part of the xp you get goes to the debt, so you only get part of it. After a while, your debt is paid and you get the full xp again. That can get really annoying during long, deep, hardcore dungeon crawling xp grinding coupled together with how slow xp comes in EQ2. The other really annoying part was the difficulty in getting back to the spot I was in.

So in NC the SI hit, gutter-change charge to recover my items, and a few implants popping out is barely a blip on my radar. The only annoying part is trying to run back to my leveling spot because of the annoying GR security changes they put in back in the day (NC1...?). That's it. And that's not even that bad in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
    I always thought the death "penalty" in Neocron was pretty tame compared to other games. The SI and some implants popping out and having to drag my armor back into its slots (real hard...) is chump change.

Dieing in EQ2 on the other hand is more of a pain in the ass. Especially before they patched the soul shard death mechanic out. Aside from all of my gear taking a 10% hit (so basically die 10 times and you're naked...have to find the mender NPC and get your stuff back to 100%), the real pain was having "xp debt". Meaning, for every monster you kill, you don't actually get the full amount, because part of the xp you get goes to the debt, so you only get part of it. After a while, your debt is paid and you get the full xp again. That can get really annoying during long, deep, hardcore dungeon crawling xp grinding coupled together with how slow xp comes in EQ2. The other really annoying part was the difficulty in getting back to the spot I was in.

So in NC the SI hit, gutter-change charge to recover my items, and a few implants popping out is barely a blip on my radar. The only annoying part is trying to run back to my leveling spot because of the annoying GR security changes they put in back in the day (NC1...?). That's it. And that's not even that bad in the end.

agreed. as for the reference about grs yeah it changed in nc1. I made a thread in the brainport about it all but it was dismissed by people here on the forum as being a shit idea.

I much preferred the fact that clans cant lock the grs. i think it gives them too much power.

@deus. I dont think its a troll. I think its just a young child. Thats the impression im getting anyway.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30-01-13 at 09:13.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I think neocron can use some improvements. First of all, the game can be made more stable without all these bugs and crashes. Maybe update the game engine. The game should be compatable with the latest windows operating systems (windows 7 and 8), and have directx 11 support.

Second, The death penalty is currently unforgiving, especially to new players. The way the game is, when you die, not only do you have to respawn at a gen rep, along with imparement, but you have to pay a recovery fee. Plus, your items get damaged, all your armor, and some implants are removed, and you randomly drop an item (which you may never get back). This should be changed, so you no longer drop items, armor and implants are no longer removed, and there is no more backpack recovery fee. In addition, if your killed by a player, the death penalty should be less for PVP combat, with imparement reduced by 50%, and no durability damage (you only suffer durability damage if your defeated by mobs). These changes should especially be made, given that low level players don't stand a chance against high level players.

Maybe more cities and bases can be introduced, and other improvements to the game. I like to see the game more updated to try to bring back more players within the United States and Europe.
    This has to be a troll post.

If it isn't, then you need a slap, hard across the face.

He isn't trolling. He is being genuine. I remember him from way back.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Moved to Brainport.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ťI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ť

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Moved to Bin.
    Fixed!

Now who's trolling?

How do you know my in game Name is zenix?

But I don't know if it is under the spaceshotx7 or spaceshotxl account name, or what server Zenix is on. you have any ideas?
    You used to play on Titan and you were in the SXR clan for a while. You also joined my clan for a while as Black Dragon - Body Count and you came on our vent server a few times. I remember having a conversation with you about where you were from as we all thought you said you were from Brooklyn, NY. It turns out youre not, obviously and I remember you getting rather excited one day when you came with us levelling somewhere and screaming down ventrilo "OMG THERES AN ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" when we had told you about 5 minutes before that we had one of our mates coming to level his APU (who was black dragon) with us.

You were a bit of a legend back then mate as we all found you to be quite hilarious.

I remember you because it was a fond memory of helping a new guy out. You played on Terra back then along with the rest of us and you had regular arguments with your older brother I think if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, yeah I meant you no harm. It was just a happy memory.

As for your ideas, sorry dude but I think the guys already answered your queries and rebutted your suggestions politely. It happens to us all once or twice.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Thanks for jogging my memory

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You used to play on Titan and you were in the SXR clan for a while. You also joined my clan for a while as Black Dragon - Body Count and you came on our vent server a few times. I remember having a conversation with you about where you were from as we all thought you said you were from Brooklyn, NY. It turns out youre not, obviously and I remember you getting rather excited one day when you came with us levelling somewhere and screaming down ventrilo "OMG THERES AN ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" when we had told you about 5 minutes before that we had one of our mates coming to level his APU (who was black dragon) with us.

You were a bit of a legend back then mate as we all found you to be quite hilarious.

I remember you because it was a fond memory of helping a new guy out. You played on Terra back then along with the rest of us and you had regular arguments with your older brother I think if memory serves me correctly.

As for your ideas, sorry dude but I think the guys already answered your queries and rebutted your suggestions politely. It happens to us all once or twice.
    What server r you guys on. I tried logging on to the Titan server, but its down, and when I log on to the terra server, there are no existing characters avalable?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post

OH MY GAWWWWD, ITS AN ANTIIIIII.

God I love this guy.

@ Zennix - you used to make my day, daily.

What server r you guys on. I tried logging on to the Titan server, but its down, and when I log on to the terra server, there are no existing characters avalable?
    We're on Titan.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    We're on Titan.
    Yeah, literally everyone is on Titan now.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

But I tried to acess titan, and it seems to be down. Is the Titan server down?

The REAL Walker

But I tried to acess titan, and it seems to be down. Is the Titan server down?
    Its not, no.
    If you could explain what problems you have, getting onto the server, Im sure some of the nice people here can help you out
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast