Default Improvements to Neocron.

I think neocron can use some improvements. First of all, the game can be made more stable without all these bugs and crashes. Maybe update the game engine. The game should be compatable with the latest windows operating systems (windows 7 and 8), and have directx 11 support.

Second, The death penalty is currently unforgiving, especially to new players. The way the game is, when you die, not only do you have to respawn at a gen rep, along with imparement, but you have to pay a recovery fee. Plus, your items get damaged, all your armor, and some implants are removed, and you randomly drop an item (which you may never get back). This should be changed, so you no longer drop items, armor and implants are no longer removed, and there is no more backpack recovery fee. In addition, if your killed by a player, the death penalty should be less for PVP combat, with imparement reduced by 50%, and no durability damage (you only suffer durability damage if your defeated by mobs). These changes should especially be made, given that low level players don't stand a chance against high level players.

Maybe more cities and bases can be introduced, and other improvements to the game. I like to see the game more updated to try to bring back more players within the United States and Europe.

well...

erm...

NO!

(to all of it)

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshotx7 View Post
    I think neocron can use some improvements. First of all, the game can be made more stable without all these bugs and crashes. Maybe update the game engine. The game should be compatable with the latest windows operating systems (windows 7 and 8), and have directx 11 support.
    Ehhhh you DO know how much of a mess the game engine is, right? No such thing as updating it, its either a completely new one, or small bug fixes (and pray that the changes havent broken anything).

Second, The death penalty is currently unforgiving, especially to new players. The way the game is, when you die, not only do you have to respawn at a gen rep, along with imparement, but you have to pay a recovery fee. Plus, your items get damaged, all your armor, and some implants are removed, and you randomly drop an item (which you may never get back). This should be changed, so you no longer drop items, armor and implants are no longer removed, and there is no more backpack recovery fee. In addition, if your killed by a player, the death penalty should be less for PVP combat, with imparement reduced by 50%, and no durability damage (you only suffer durability damage if your defeated by mobs). These changes should especially be made, given that low level players don't stand a chance against high level players.
    Carebears never last long in NC..
    And IMO the death penalties is one of the Things that make NC great.. None of that *self-censure* from all the modern games, I cant stand how there often isnt any penalty for getting killed in newer games!

Maybe more cities and bases can be introduced, and other improvements to the game. I like to see the game more updated to try to bring back more players within the United States and Europe.
    Riiiight... We really do not need to spread out the population more..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

thank you for your ideas. maybe to want to read the brainport part of the forum. this could help you updating your proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Ehhhh you DO know how much of a mess the game engine is, right? No such thing as updating it, its either a completely new one, or small bug fixes (and pray that the changes havent broken anything).

Carebears never last long in NC..
    And IMO the death penalties is one of the Things that make NC great.. None of that *self-censure* from all the modern games, I cant stand how there often isnt any penalty for getting killed in newer games!

Riiiight... We really do not need to spread out the population more..
    Pretty much what Walker said tbh

Also not sure what bugs and crashes you're referring to - Not crashed or had any issues since the first few patches that were released (I also love that I can alt tab from fullscreen to look at facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

I can't believe you think my ideas suck. we'll, at least the game should be made so It runs well on Windows 7 and 8.

The death penalty in this game is worst that the death penalties in games like World of Warcraft, DC Universe, and Star Wars The Old Republic. The game is also unforgiving on newbie players, because the game is designed with levels, just like other MMOS, where low level players have no change against high level players. in World Of Warcraft, is already bad enough having to waste at least 1-3 minutes running back to your corpse, and resurecting, and being open to any npc attack, as well as 10% durability damage. But the death penalty in this game is too much. I don't want to be dropping items when I die, and having all my armor, and some implants to remove. Some implants may require someone to poke me to put them back in because I don't have the specialized skills to do so. Overall, this game should be more newbie friendly.

The game could also be annlying, where I'm just trying to level, and do stuff, when an enemy player goes kills me on sight, and then when I leave my apartment, I get killed again, and the imparement stacks.

I Think the developers should do something to attract more players to the game, or the game will just die out, and the servers will shut down for good.

making this game cater to mainstream content would kill this game off far more surely. this game survives because it is niche. if you want to play a game like world of warcraft, DC universe, or SWTOR, go play those... they already exist, so the whole point of trying to make a 10 year old game more like those is just stupid... mainstream games have been done, and have been done better...

try to read up on the success of Dayz, a game where u can get killed in 1 shot, and lose all the progress you have spend months building, and it's been one of the biggest games of 2012.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

The death penalty in this game is worst that the death penalties in games like World of Warcraft, DC Universe, and Star Wars The Old Republic.
    you've never played eve online. and keep your LE in. and please be careful with what you write on the forums, ppl might mistake you for a carebear.

Spaceshot? is your ingame (in nc) name Zenix by any chance?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Biglines said it quite well in post #7 and with a much more friendly tone, than I could have done.. So wont comment on those subjects.

I can't believe you think my ideas suck. we'll, at least the game should be made so It runs well on Windows 7 and 8.
    The game runs VERY well on Win7 and Win8. Far better than it did on XP.
    The only real problem is that you shouldnt install it into the default folder C:\Program Files (x86). Install it in C:\Neocron\ for example.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Default How do you know my name is Zenix?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Spaceshot? is your ingame (in nc) name Zenix by any chance?

How do you know my in game Name is zenix?

But I don't know if it is under the spaceshotx7 or spaceshotxl account name, or what server Zenix is on. you have any ideas?

Yeah, just no. Terrible ideas and the game runs great on win7/8 so don't know where that even came from.

Also think this should be moved to brainport.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Sorry Spaceshot, This game was setup originally with adults (older teenagers) in mind, It is meant to be a harsh world, that is the point of it being a Cyberpunk game and not a barbie game.
    The game would die if it was to be made more carebear, they already tried it in NC1 and alientated alot of people, although maybe they got new customers, as has been mentioned, they would have been the carebears that run straight off to the next carebear game like WOW, just because the graphics are nicer and they wont die as much.

The ONLY thing i would agree with is that the SI levels are a bit high, that has always been the bane of my NC life, i die alot, paying out money is acceptable, even though it usually sends me broke.

Please, if any changes are made, bring back full loot backpacks! Bring back the naked strippers! make the game harsher! fuck the carebears!

Game runs so stable on Win7 that i could alt+tab before the patches, but havent been able to for years before win7!

I always wonder what is a carebear anyway? and what do you mean by the SI levels being too high? what are SL, and can't they be lowered?

Maybe this game is design only for hardcore players, and not for newbies.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Thats what i was trying to say, this game is for adults - hardcore players - not elf loving kiddies.
    All i can say is that although it may not be the friendliest game for newbies, the community makes up for that.
    We hope you can see past the things you dont like right now and stick around.

SI= synaptic impairment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast