Default Increase Chance of the rarest techs please

It is obvious if you watch trade for a few days like I have been we are all looking for the same rare techs to complete weapons etc .........

Its supposed to be random chance on any tech when researching but obviously its not, I would like to see the rarest techs to be boosted since no one will trade them or sell them even for insane amounts..... most people have got very little chance of getting the parts you needed unless your in a group of tech hunters.

Ive been grinding almost everynight for hours to get techs and its the same old shite everytime, tbh if I have to do this much longer il be off again I came to gear up and pvp but without the rares weapons its pointless therefore boring.

What do you guys think?

I made a similar thread a while ago. I was told its all random and the thread got closed. Do a search you will see it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I made a similar thread a while ago. I was told its all random and the thread got closed. Do a search you will see it.
    Yeah its totally random!
    *sigh*

I obviously support this.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

the responsible functionality was inspected and found to produce results that are random (well, pseudorandom at least), thus the issue was closed.

Please submit more information on what parts you find to be suprisingly drop friendly and what parts on the other hand do not drop so well, including the specific amount and any details you consider noteworthy for a second investigation of the issue.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Please submit more information on what parts you find to be suprisingly drop friendly and what parts on the other hand do not drop so well, including the specific amount and any details you consider noteworthy for a second investigation of the issue.
    techhaven network should have exact statistics on this. at least on request.

The THN was so kind to provide us with a dump of the entire part list for TITAN (thanks guys!).
    We'll screen the list and see if we can find any correlation between parts that break away from the norm.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    The THN was so kind to provide us with a dump of the entire part list for TITAN (thanks guys!).
    We'll screen the list and see if we can find any correlation between parts that break away from the norm.
    Nice. Thanks
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I suppose a lot of the desired techs lie unressed in some appas...

superb thankyou tbh didnt expect that response lol

try changing up your hunting spots, I have a sinking suspicion that there may be "modifiers" to the pseudo-randomness

I wondered that too actually.

Off the top of my head right now some of the rarer techs (hard to get ones) are:

Creed Comp
    Special forces Tech part
    Ravager Tech/Add tech
    CS Add tech/Hull
    EoF Comp/Frame
    Disruptor Frame
    Pain Easer Comp
    First Love Comp
    Judge Comp
    Special Science CPU Frame

Plenty of others will also be listed on trade at any particular time. I would have to log on to my account and check out what else is rarer or more common.

The EoF for example. for the core and hull i have 5+ of each that stacked up. Other parts i have rarely seen and usually traded for. The ravager also. Frame and comp are ever so common yet tech and atp seem to be very hard to come by. Theres a part for the dreadfire prototype that i have 10 of yet barely any of the others in the set. Im 95% sure its the comp.

As a clan we tried to farm hoverbots to test out what the drops were like. This was unfortunately before the latest patch and because the drop rate wasnt good compared to firemobbing/doy tunnels we didnt get much of a sample size.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 28-01-13 at 06:27.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

DEPENDANCY from LOCATION
    Since Warbots drop rare parts again with distinct rate i tried to examine whether there is a different "pattern of parts" between warbots and firemobs. As i could say for now there is no significantly difference in the distribution of the specific parts.

DISTRIBUTION
    The distribution of rare parts were never a uniform one - at normal rare pool and at mc5 part pool there were ever a unequal distribution of the parts. Some were noticeably more rare than other. This could be a factor of 1:10 and more. Analyzingf the rare pools of Techhaven.org proves this.

Be aware: equalizing the distribution of the parts would increase the market share of rare items and weapons a lot !

This could be positive or negative, depends on the point of view.

Reed

Only torg would see that as a negative.

As for what else is rare. Winding argument frame; holy deflection frame, gatlin pistol who's name escapes me right now comp. You can just look on trade at any given time and see what parts people are looking for and it is always the same ones.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Frame Doomie
    ATP malediction

The tech pool needs to be changed to be more like mc5 where everything is equal. Would sort out the economy and create a better environment to trade rares in!

some rares are 16 times more common than other parts of the same thing
    Last edited by wargolem; 28-01-13 at 16:10.
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Only torg would see that as a negative.

As for what else is rare. Winding argument frame; holy deflection frame, gatlin pistol who's name escapes me right now comp. You can just look on trade at any given time and see what parts people are looking for and it is always the same ones.

Not sure whether the comparison with Torg is a compliment or not

To make it a little bit more clear:

- It's positive if one see Neocron primarily as a pvp-centered shooter game with a nice background story and a non common pvp system. Here players tend to minimize everything that has to do with leveling and collecting equipment.High comfort for everything which had nothing to do with dueling is intended.

- It's negative if one has an interest for a functional macro-economy within a roleplay based game. Here it is not unimportant that Neocron has no real moneysinks at all and everbody is a millionaire and has dozens of cabs full of 3-5 slotted rares - it is only a question of time.

In few months the whole upset of all the posters here which demand to enhance earnings, loot, drop rates (i appreciate the new=old warbot drops though!) and xp gains will end! Why ? Because people are 1) capped, 2)rich and 3)oversupplied.

How do you like to say ? "That's fact"

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    Frame Doomie
    ATP malediction

The tech pool needs to be changed to be more like mc5 where everything is equal. Would sort out the economy and create a better environment to trade rares in!

some rares are 16 times more common than other parts of the same thing
    Over the years on Mars i remember that the distribution of parts within the MC5 pool wasn't equal at all !?! Very similar to the normal rare pool every imps had a part which was much more rare than the rest. Has it changed ?

Reed
    Last edited by DR REED; 28-01-13 at 16:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast