The Spirit Mod was removed for good reason. Completely aside from the SH, people would immediately swap to another weapon once the shields dropped. It was an interesting idea, but the implication was always horribly open to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Dont think Theres anything I dislike more in games than snipers.
    sniping is what i love most. especially in OP fights. veeery annoying. but back to OP: we're all waiting for the big balancing project.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    sniping is what i love most. especially in OP fights.
    That does not surprise me, at all.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Update: Testing on the Disruptor is showing that no matter if I stack energy and fire armor, and add in resists, it still comes at about 380-400 damage per a burst of four. GMs have been wanting more of this in brain port, and I'm bringing this back up.

Weapons are in huge need of normalization. From another thread:

In Cyberpunk it's about the style. Any of the weapons that a bad ass decides to pick up he should be just about equally as good with. It's not style when you have to crunch numbers and see what's the best. I should be just as bad ass with an Xbow as with a SWAT Backup gun. After the weapons reach a certain tier they need to level out within reason, and for nothing else other than style in CYBERPUNK. I don't mean they all aim the same/do the same damage/fire rate, all that. But, they should all be equally as viable. Tanks should be equal to PE equal to APU equal to Spy in a rock/paper/scissors/stealth/gun sort of way. I miss taking my shotgun and 4 chevs and causing havoc for the capped players in pepper park. I miss that a lot.

The game built legends before, as cyberpunk games do, now it's just a joke.

This is a GREAT cyberpunk reference for broad ideas of "balance" and gameplay types. http://cs.netsville.com
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Bumping this again, because of the obvious patch it's being ignored.

I feel like ROF decrease and things like that have set them up to have more reliable client/server calls but it's really inappropriate for the game.

Dev stacks, I believe, are also doing exactly what I outlined with the Ravager above. Resists SIMPLY are NOT functional.

This is clearly and issue with them not addressing real issues(client/server calls/calculations and INDIVIDUAL WEAPON CHANGES. NOT SWEEPING SYSTEM-CHANGES.)
    Last edited by Model192; 07-08-14 at 19:39.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You have to understand that 90% of PvP happens within melee range anyway.
    Which is why its impossible to play an APU class in the current balance/pre balance state. Even to get the jump on someone the damage/frequency is just too low to compete.

You have no choice but to tiptoe around or wait for a PPU and even then, 1-2 tanks with a devourer with have you sleeping with the fish in a couple of seconds.

former king of saturn

Sniping in this game is going to be unsatisfying and poorly executed until they can fix some fundamental issues.

1- Targetting. As long as reticle lock and reset operate the way they do, locking a target at range in an opfight is going to be basically impossible if they are fighting with many people at melee range as is mentioned above.
    2- Draw distance. There is only 1 draw distance (unless I'm wrong and they fixed that sometime between nc1 and nc2.2). Scoping doesn't do shiznit.
    3- Snipers have small penii which lead them to be unsatisfied in life and love.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12