I was thinking lower than 90% to be honest because they could still do it at 90%.

I think that they should have a cap of like 75%-85% of total stats perhaps. This way MC5 and other high end content is not reachable but they can still enjoy plenty of the benefits of nc and have fun playing.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

In my optinion there are 3 reasons at all why weapons are the way they are.

1. We got different bonuses on each weapon types. lowtech, hightech, rare, woc.
    2. Since 2.2 everything is balanced by its TL so the gap between TL 95 and TL 115 weapons is too high which results in useless lowrares.
    3. As i already pointed out weapons have an irreproducible, illogical and unequal efficiency. Since 2.2 all weapons were TL balanced based on 3 factors: frequency, damage and reloadtime. So the damage over time value grows with the techlevel linear. Why are some weapons just more effective in pvp? Out of my view lowtech rares should be adjusted up and hightechs adjusted down so we become every rareweapon on the same level. Bring WoC weapons on rare status and done.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    Regarding PvP/Soul light penalties, I'd love to see an arrest and prison system implemented at some point. That would be excellent. It wouldn't even need to be complex; kill a player with negative soul light, and they're sent to prison until it hits a positive number, thus taking them out of the game.
    That is a.. HORRIBLE idea.. Im sorry mate, but thats probably one of the worst ideas regarding SL I've ever heard..
    So because someone had been "naughty" for a couple of hours, they shouldnt be able to use their character for like a month?
    You ARE aware of how long it takes SL to go from -100 to 0, without doing missions, right?

If someone is being an ass, Im gonna kill him, 'allied' or not. Shouldnt make me take a month break from the game though..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I had flashbacks of Jailbreak from UT2k4 reading rabbis post. Interesting thought. I would like to twist it slightly though and say rather than jail how about a bounty system thats automatic (thinking of your thread on cm punk) rather than manually paid out.

Glad to see everyones in total agreement regards the woc thing anyway. Its not like a few years ago when 10 people played and 9 of em said you dont need woc to pvp get a disruptor.........
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

It could be so easy to fix the penalty system... In my opinion: If you have too much minus faction symp your faction pull you out and you getting forced to leave your clan too. You become an Anarchy Breed and have to wait 1 week to become a member of a normal faction again. In this time you can't enter NC without get shoted by the copbots. As Anarchy Breed you can't form a clan and there shouldn't be much shops or other secure places. done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless111 View Post
    It could be so easy to fix the penalty system... In my opinion: If you have too much minus faction symp your faction pull you out and you getting forced to leave your clan too. You become an Anarchy Breed and have to wait 1 week to become a member of a normal faction again. In this time you can't enter NC without get shoted by the copbots. As Anarchy Breed you can't form a clan and there shouldn't be much shops or other secure places. done.
    Would be absolutely awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless111 View Post
    great! lets develop this further!

You guys want to make a dumbass jailbreak topic do it somewhere else and stop derailing from my main points.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    You guys want to make a dumbass jailbreak topic do it somewhere else and stop derailing from my main points.
    forked. (see above)

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    I was under the impression that Rare's got a 10% damage bonus for their TL and WoC weapons got 15% damage bonus for their TL.
    I could be mistaken though, can't quite remember where I read it.
    I am sure you read that somewhere, i think those where the original numbers, but they were deemed to high and brought down to the numbers in the thread I linked:
    - HighTech 2.0 Percent (additive)
    - Rare 7.5 Percent (exclusive)
    - Epic 8.0 Percent (exclusive)
    - WoC 8.0 Percent (exclusive)

At least, as said, theoretical. A ight Tech wepon must give more damage (or other bonuses) than a Low Tech one, thats for sure, since there are invested points to use the weapon. I remember that shortly after the balancing all Single Target Ray Weapons (e.g. Ray of Lat Hope) were horribly overpowered. I also remember threads in the balancing that marked gatling weapons as extremely underpowered. Today the situation is a bit different again.
    To fix this, I think four things have to be done:

1) Change weapons whichs hits don't register sometimes
    2) If N° 1 is done, use damage, frequency (including frequency of reload) and handling to balance the weapons TL and bonus wise
    3) Let it be tested and reproduce feedback before making changes.
    4) Monitor use of weapons in PvP and aks the players, if some weapons aren't used, why.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    That is annoying me shitloads on this forum at the moment... Same divagations every month on every thread... Nothing new in my opinion. The brainport is probably filled up with the same ideas 3-4 times. Discussing stuff all over again wont do it any better.

I would like to know what our devs are doing at the moment and what they are working on. It became a bit silent.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    That is annoying me shitloads on this forum at the moment... Same divagations every month on every thread... Nothing new in my opinion. The brainport is probably filled up with the same ideas 3-4 times. Discussing stuff all over again wont do it any better.
    How about summing them up then, maybe in a separate thread of yours? That would be helpful. Thank you.

Quick off topic bit :
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    That is a.. HORRIBLE idea.. Im sorry mate, but thats probably one of the worst ideas regarding SL I've ever heard..
    So because someone had been "naughty" for a couple of hours, they shouldnt be able to use their character for like a month?
    You ARE aware of how long it takes SL to go from -100 to 0, without doing missions, right?

If someone is being an ass, Im gonna kill him, 'allied' or not. Shouldnt make me take a month break from the game though..
    Calm yourself down, Walker. I was sort of day-dreaming about possibilities, I was hardly completely serious. It's certainly not something that should be implemented into the current NC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic :

When it was first pitched to me back in the day, WoC was intended to be a style thing; a claim to fame; just another way of showing people how cool you were.

Your overall point here, Model, is something I also feel very strongly about.

I've campaigned for the old models back. I've campaigned for a change in the fonts (as even the character name adds to it). I've campaigned for far more weapons to be made viable. I've also campaigned for the ability to be able to change the colour of my clothes again. I've even gone as far as crying for NO PA.

Why?

My wishes for these changes were all in the interests of aesthetics.

When I remember back to the 'legends' you speak of, I remember;

Hivemind with his white hair, sunglasses and pain easer.
    XaNToR, the African American guy dressed in dark purple clothing using a purple-beemed RoG.

I could go on, but I think I have made my point. My memories of legends were based around a number of things; not just their ability.

Neocron lost a huge part of its charm when these things were taken away. Whilst I agree with you that WoC is a contributing factor, I believe the other aspects are equally to blame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issues here are two-fold. One, we have an absolute imbalance in weaponry, resulting in vast amounts of clones, and two, we are literally and aesthetically clones of one another.

Biggest immersion killer NC has seen, in my opinion.
    Last edited by L0KI; 27-01-13 at 13:23.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    Quick off topic bit :

Calm yourself down, Walker. I was sort of day-dreaming about possibilities, I was hardly completely serious. It's certainly not something that should be implemented into the current NC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic :

When it was first pitched to me back in the day, WoC was intended to be a style thing; a claim to fame; just another way of showing people how cool you were.

Your overall point here, Model, is something I also feel very strongly about.

I've campaigned for the old models back. I've campaigned for a change in the fonts (as even the character name adds to it). I've campaigned for far more weapons to be made viable. I've also campaigned for the ability to be able to change the colour of my clothes again. I've even gone as far as crying for NO PA.

Why?

My wishes for these changes were all in the interests of aesthetics.

When I remember back to the 'legends' you speak of, I remember;

Hivemind with his white hair, sunglasses and pain easer.
    XaNToR, the African American guy dressed in dark purple clothing using a purple-beemed RoG.

I could go on, but I think I have made my point. My memories of legends were based around a number of things; not just their ability.

Neocron lost a huge part of its charm when these things were taken away. Whilst I agree with you that WoC is a contributing factor, I believe the other aspects are equally to blame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The issues here are two-fold. One, we have an absolute imbalance in weaponry, resulting in vast amounts of clones, and two, we are literally and aesthetically clones of one another.

Biggest immersion killer NC has seen, in my opinion.
    This. Sums it all up tbh.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast