Neocron Citizen

Default Improve leveling spots outside of NC

So this last weekend told us one thing, Neocron has a problem with leveling spots.
    The problem is that everyone .. or most people tend to turn to the same place.
    I.E. Bunker outside of MB
    Yeah there are others but if i compare to way back where i am from, back then there were small spots all over the place where people gathered to level. The other night i ran past outzone and the standard place that never was deserted was empty now.
    If you think of it im sure you can find places where there usually was people.

AND the suggested improvement:
    Can't the IT department of City Admin start expanding their network some?
    I propose that City Admin dispatches 4-5 teams of technicians and soldiers in personnel carriers to travel over the country.
    Where there is a Goguardian or a GenRep can the team at least examine if there is a possibility to send the transmissions for a citycom on the already present uplink for the Goguardian or GenRep.
    Think of us old runners, we need the opportunity to check our mail and stocks when we are out on our journeys..

Hell make it 10 teams, i suspect some of the teams might not come back.

/Surfer

Are you talking of team levelling spots specifically? With a cityterm nearby for mission grinding? maybe we should stop sending newbs to MB and have them explore the outzone and the lower wastelands instead, as theres plenty of low-mid mobs there to be farmed. Mid-high-spots were waiting for us on thet recent weekend, too, so i had a chat with mr. harbinger, poked the queen and found dozens of grim looking giant robots laying neatly on the ground, to be opened easily. But no cityterms, except for one in a nice little house, in walking distance to the beach.

missions are overrated, imho.

Neocron Citizen

Yeah i felt that suggestion of mine was a bit ... between the lines perhaps.

My reasoning is just that many gather in one place, usually MB bunker.
    So why is it so popular? I figured it could be because of close access to Genrep, Gogu and CityCom.
    So i suggested a increase in city coms outside, just to have people spread out a bit.

For once im actually all for your regular second post
    Having people explore outzone and other places is absolutely a good thing.
    I would even go so far as to suggest changes to make the main sewers a better place to level but truthfully i havent been there in ..8 years so i wouldnt know .. yet.

And missions arent all bad, for those who like them im all for them having the possibility to do them.
    Me, i do Small sewer rats, cyclop launchers and construct or research missions.

Just wanting to give people the chance to choose a different spot. at low up to 60-70 (main skill).

/S

PS BTW as a low level running out to outzone is kinda hard since there are a pack of guards or thugs or whatever shooting the crap out of lower level runners when you leave the subway station. Usually at least
    DS

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

As far as team leveling goes, unfortunately Swamp Caves are abandoned. Not only is it far far too dark in there to see anything the mob damage is there is bugged [read:insane].
    Crystal Caves I'm not sure about, I haven't been in there in about 5 years but I do remember the mobs been stupidly hard to target (due to size and speed) and they did rather high damage.

I really would like Outzone to be utilized more than it currently is, but I think one of it's biggest problems is that it is so difficult to navigate especially for newer players.
    Something that would really help and should be added to a zone's map is a label indicating which zone a path links to.

Industrial is also another area of the city that could do with being used more and adding some mid level content to would be very much appreciated.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    I really would like Outzone to be utilized more than it currently is, but I think one of it's biggest problems is that it is so difficult to navigate especially for newer players.
    Something that would really help and should be added to a zone's map is a label indicating which zone a path links to.
    Its hard to navigate even for some of the old players (Read: I always get lost there )..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

You can lead a horse to water.... but you cannot make him level there...

People need to be encouraged to go to other places. The only way to do this is with quests. Get them to go there and explore. If anything people need a reason to go, a citycom is not a reason.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Neocron Citizen

I think quite a lot of people want to go somewhere else but since they rather make missions they use the bunker.
    There are quite a few places where killing launcher cyclops is possible but most wont go there.

Not saying i approve of that but i still think people think that way.
    Hell, im not even saying im right, its just a thought.

S

Why go elsewhere when you can go to mb?

Where do you go after that?

These are questions that need to be asked of noobs and then answers need to be given to structure them to branch out in to the world.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

There was a post by Fenyx awhile back that I thought was spot on. I think some of his suggestions would help address the number of viable leveling areas. Let's be honest, this area of the game is lacking, specifically when you look at how many zones and areas in the NC world are completely ignored - http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...n-A-Proposal-(