he isn't making a point about how roleplay should or has been done, he's making a point that currently on titan it is not being done at all, since everyone is just levelling blissfully together, regardless of faction affiliation. From a roleplay perspective, random ganking of noobs from different factions is the closest the current mainstream population is coming.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

i think we as players need to change that. hopefully people will respond in kind.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Is it really roleplaying though if people are just ganking anything they can? They just enjoy killing people and bragging about it. If there was no penalties for killing allied/neutral runners in some zones, they'd be killing them too. Heck some of them do it even with the penalties, part of them are just looking for a fight because its what they play neocron for and another part just want to kill everyone because they think it somehow makes them superior, whether they put up a fight or not, doesn't matter.

I agree it looks more like roleplay than people teaming up with every faction to level quicker, but thats it, it looks more like it.

I'm not saying roleplayers don't exist anymore, I'm sure there are a few people who still play like that but really the majority of the fights are completely OOC and have nothing to do with any story.

OT: I'd like to see that happen too but you can add me to the list of people who'd prefer to see other things done first. (Balance, not just of weapons but everything) It would be a shame if we got an expansion to the story with new quests and dungeons only to realize PvE still has major balance issues.

Euro-trolls destroying English servers really pissed in my RP kool-aid, GL with all this non-sense

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
    he isn't making a point about how roleplay should or has been done, he's making a point that currently on titan it is not being done at all, since everyone is just levelling blissfully together, regardless of faction affiliation. From a roleplay perspective, random ganking of noobs from different factions is the closest the current mainstream population is coming.
    thank you.

Dr Reed I implore you to again show me some RPers on Titan. I cannot see any. This is not my opinion. This is a fact. The opinion part is subjective yes because I do not see RPing from anyone but it might be going on when I am not there. Or there might be people RPing the "pking asshole" as has been said so many times. However if you can show me where this happens - people with LE's in actually behaving in character then I will concur your point.

When I have my LE in and I meet other LE'd runners in the wastelands they say one of two things ALL the time.

These are: "Team? and Hi"

These are facts. Not opinion.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    thank you.

Dr Reed I implore you to again show me some RPers on Titan. I cannot see any. This is not my opinion. This is a fact. The opinion part is subjective yes because I do not see RPing from anyone but it might be going on when I am not there. Or there might be people RPing the "pking asshole" as has been said so many times. However if you can show me where this happens - people with LE's in actually behaving in character then I will concur your point.

When I have my LE in and I meet other LE'd runners in the wastelands they say one of two things ALL the time.

These are: "Team? and Hi"

These are facts. Not opinion.
    No problems to accept your (new) facts. "hi" and "Team?" - this is reality, no doubt.

My point was to contradict your formula ["RP" == no LE only.]

Titan is a new server and it's a multislot/ multi-language server. This is not even favoring roleplying. And - here i can agree - actually there is very few rp to observe. I would not report any RP'ing i know or players which do this here on the board, of course not

Reed

of course we all can help RP ingame. by staying in-character. while waiting for the big story update. (i'm really, really excited!)

I did say really soon. English. German.

Remember, the development of the storyline and roleplay by some members of the team, does not have a negative effect on bug fixing and working towards balance for the rest of the team.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12