taking out the LE has two huge advantages: you can use four implant brainslots, giving you additional combat skills and/or resists, and you are able to take part in PvP, which some of you regard as the single most important feature of neocron, and the single one feature some of you enjoy most.

so what other advantages of removing the LE could match this? how come you aren't happy with what you got? or is it true that some of you just want to impose their own favourite style of playing on others? this attempt will definitely fail.

i just suspect some players just want more PvP, all the time, anywhere, so they keep demanding everyone else has to join them. answer: Neptune.

all the recent discussions on the LE have shown there's a good balance in the current PvP/Non-PvP-system most people can live with. have a happy and productive day, everyone.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BetMonty View Post
    I dunno that any of that is en pointe though -- the original request was to reinstate the XP bonus for removing your LE. I understand an "LE for life" player feeling like they lose out, but that doesn't make it true: The additional XP bonus comes from shouldering the extra risk of PVP; it's not free. How is it fair that pulling my LE only makes me vulnerable to other players with little to no other benefit?

That's inequity, and it's something we can solve simply by reinstating the XP bonus. It hurts no one, but rewards those who decide to shoulder extra risk. Risk you benefit from, if you factor in OP bonuses, right? Why should my risk benefit you who has done nothing to earn it, isn't that unfair, too?

The easiest route to play, which is not necessarily the most fun to be clear, is to keep your LE in; without some other incentive to pull your LE you're disincentivizing PvP, plain and simple. Even in a game like WoW, PVP earns you gear and rewards you can't get any other way: recognition of and reward for the risk you take on is sort of core to the experience.

I am all for this suggestion. Bring back the XP bonus for unchipped players!
    As I have said before, thats my stance too. Risk of taking out LE should be rewarded.

Also the most "fun" route to play should be the most rewarding in my opinion, but thats often hard to implement (For example grinding is often more rewarding than making quests and just playing the game. Many games let you grind, so that you can PvP. Warhammer for example was a nice exception in that point).

But back to risk that is rewarded. Often stated is the fear of getting less XP by LEd players. Well they shouldn't. And its simple.
    We just had a double XP event (thats still running), that proves its relativly easy to boost XP. So we can just adjust the general XP to, for example, 120% of what it is now. At the same time the LE is penalized with 16.666% of the XP (just calculate it, its the right number to get down to ~100% again).
    Conclusion: All LE runners level the same speed as the are now (depending on precision of the numbers maybe even a very very small bit faster). So there is nothing to cry about, since nothing changes for them.
    Non-LEd Runners on the other hand have a risk they take, and 20% XP as reward.

And just for the record: If the general increase of XP ist 10%, to 110%, the right penalty to get down to 100% would be 9.09%.
    Just to clarify that for me it wouldn't matter if its 20%, 10% or 5%.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345