Default Quick Belt: Lost item notification

I often find myself trying to figure out what I lost in the quickbelt, unless it's something obvious.

Maybe add a notification when you die which item(s) are in the dropped quickbelt?

yes!!!! I love this idea!!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

you might have expected this: i feel this is taking away some moment of uncertainty, making the game more accessible but less exciting. could we please discard this idea?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    you might have expected this: i feel this is taking away some moment of uncertainty, making the game more accessible but less exciting. could we please discard this idea?
    Torg strikes Again... *sigh*

I think its a VERY good idea tbh!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I like the idea. It's just damn annoying when you don't know what you lost. Especially if you were caught during PvE. You tend to have an idea what you have when it's PvP, you go out equipped with certain items.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    you dont pvp so it doesnt matter to you.

This is an excellent idea.

Consider dying far from home (say the gap between those two replicants was a bit less wide than you hoped, or you found the ceres room when you were looking for spiders...) You can easily appraise whether or not it's worth it to you to fetch your things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Torg strikes Again... *sigh*
    What the fuck? Is this some kind of argument?

Well, I totally agree with Torg.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    you dont pvp so it doesnt matter to you.
    And I do PvP so it matters to me.

If anyone doesn't know what he lost, go and fetch your belt. It's the price of dying without LE.
    Everybody seems so lazy these days...
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

The reason I think it's a great idea is exactly that!

I'll go fetch a nice drone, but I won't bother with a Milky Ren. If I knew clearly and didn't have to guess, I'd know to go or not.

"The price of dying without LE?!" REALLY? - like it's wrong to play without it?

Its a good idea. Better than trying to have a photographic memory of what you had in your inventory. everyone has a good idea whats in the qb and can see an armour piece missing but what happens when its not one of these items. it could be a tech part or anything. Could be a drone as mentioned also or some other not so obvious item that is equally valuable to you.

<3 the price of dying without the LE comment. great argument well thought out and clearly presented. i now predict this thread to derail in to an LE vs NON LE debate and the same old bullshit rhetoric to continue.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

What my friend did back in the day was buy 10 or whatever it was of the highest level store bought monk spells. I don't know if it's still true, but at the time it chose the item from your top 10 (or 20?) most valuable items. So whenever he died, he always knew exactly what he lost. Well, more or less. He knew it was one of the monk spells and nothing actually important.

But, that was many years ago. Not sure if the drop system has changed since then.

That aside, yes, a notification would be nice.

And just out of curiosity, Torg, since you've opposed every single idea that's come up in recent times...what changes do you think would be good? Serious question, not being a smartass.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Grogor View Post
    What the fuck? Is this some kind of argument?

Well, I totally agree with Torg.

And I do PvP so it matters to me.

If anyone doesn't know what he lost, go and fetch your belt. It's the price of dying without LE.
    Everybody seems so lazy these days...
    Torg just disagrees with every single idea that comes up here..
    And what would be wrong with a message in your chatwindow that said "Item: blabla was dropped in belt" or something like that..?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
    What my friend did back in the day was buy 10 or whatever it was of the highest level store bought monk spells. I don't know if it's still true, but at the time it chose the item from your top 10 (or 20?) most valuable items. So whenever he died, he always knew exactly what he lost. Well, more or less. He knew it was one of the monk spells and nothing actually important.
    I did the same on Terra - Worked quite well
    Last edited by Dropout; 23-01-13 at 13:21.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Judging by some of the other recent posts I've seen Torg make, I didn't think I'd ever agree with him... I was wrong.

Speaking from past experience: If I died and noticed it wasn't a piece of armor or QB item missing, I'd be left wondering what it was which would usually lead me into going back and picking it up. I'd say 8/10 it was usually something that I wouldn't have missed but there were those 'holy shit wtf' moments where it was something I couldn't live without.

If this change were to be implemented then it would lead to a large increase of QB’s left around various zones filled with useless junk and make the hacking skill almost pointless unless you’re a hacker at an op fight or one that actually partakes in hacknet PVE/collecting bp’s etc.
    The main reason I spec hacking on my characters is so I can actually get a chance at some decent stuff from random belts I come across.

I can understand the arguments to get something like this implemented but I can also see where Torg is coming from – This would just make things ‘too easy’ in a sense.

Just my personal opinion obviously so please feel free to rip it apart as you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

If the drop system doesn't changethen half the belts left out there already have useless shit in them dan so what's the difference. At least this way the ppu or someone else with good high end stuff in their belts would feel much safer with this feature. Besides its a nice modern little feature that makes perfect sense and ought to be easy to implement.

A simple line of text underneath the "you were killed by" message could be "You dropped ...... Item label"

i hacked 4 belts today. it was all low level noob stuff that i found. a knife and some armour but it was nice to find the belt and hack it. i enjoy finding random shit as much as i do killing people and taking their stuff from their belts.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast