1. #1
    Loving Titan L0KI's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    3,153

    Default BOUNTY Offered [CM Punk]

    Hi guys and gals,

    I am offering a bounty on the head of CM Punk. He's a tank, and I'm unsure of which faction. You can find him picking off defenseless droners in the likes of El Farid and the Graves.

    REWARD : 100k per kill (to a max of three kills)

    EVIDENCE REQUIREMENTS :

    1. Screenshot of the kill, and of you sending him a direct message containing 'On behalf of Rabbi Fang'
    2. Tags
    3. Sexing of his corpse (mandatory)

    NOTES :

    1. I will also pay a small fee for the names of his alts.
    2. Contract open to anyone, but I encourage the City Mercs to get involved.

  2. #2
    Xpertz William Antrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Fallen Angels. I am already in a position to collect on said contract. The Earps have been deployed.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

  3. #3
    Registered User nabbl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2004
    Location
    Plaza Sidestreet Enter B
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Count me in !

  4. #4

    Default

    I so hope that he reads this and uses his unknown alts to make some easy money
    I know I would if someone would ever put a bounty on my head ^^
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

  5. #5
    Erik Reed on MARS DR REED's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    - reactivated - (Titan)
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Now this is a fail construct in game mechanics. In some other games (e.g. Star Wars The Old Republic) you have no anonymous ALTs , your Chars are "bundled" into a family and every maybe all the chars have the same "family" (legacy) name. This only could be faked if you open another account, but even this could be handled if there is an intention to prevent this.

    Sad for an open-pvp game like NC that this could be so easily exploited.

    Reed

  6. #6
    Loving Titan L0KI's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [F6]Knight View Post
    I so hope that he reads this and uses his unknown alts to make some easy money
    I know I would if someone would ever put a bounty on my head ^^
    Well remind me not to put a contract on your head xD

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    Now this is a fail construct in game mechanics. In some other games (e.g. Star Wars The Old Republic) you have no anonymous ALTs , your Chars are "bundled" into a family and every maybe all the chars have the same "family" (legacy) name. This only could be faked if you open another account, but even this could be handled if there is an intention to prevent this.

    Sad for an open-pvp game like NC that this could be so easily exploited.

    Reed
    neocron is a post apocalyptic cyberpunk game, with a heavy roleplay element based on criminal behaviour... it's not supposed to be goody goody like TOR... there's a specific reason people come to neocron and away from those kinds of games...

    I just wanna applaud L0KI for this bounty, and hope it will result in lots of fun pvp on the server.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
    neocron is a post apocalyptic cyberpunk game, with a heavy roleplay element based on criminal behaviour... it's not supposed to be goody goody like TOR... there's a specific reason people come to neocron and away from those kinds of games...

    I just wanna applaud L0KI for this bounty, and hope it will result in lots of fun pvp on the server.
    I highly doubt that its totally intended by the game, the world or whatever, for players to grab the bounty themselves that is placed on their head by circumventing and bypassing the games mechanics. That was Reeds complaint about, not the bounty idea itself.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

  9. #9
    Xpertz William Antrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    4,111

    Default

    Dont go there Dr Reed.....







    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

  10. #10

    Default

    Rabbi Fang, I'll get him for you. Make sure, you got the cash when I contact you for finishing the contract.

    (OOC: I really love this idea of a bounty, even if I think that this behaviour is normal on the server. I don't know if you setup the bounty for personal ooc-reasons, cause you don't like his behaviour or as a in-character decision to get him killed.) Because Neocron is not Sparta, but rough play. When you put out your LE, you know it can kill you. I don't know if you are a x/15 Char or maybe a x/60 Char... I just get him because I think it's a nice idea to get some "tasks" by players, as long as there is no other content by GM's or Events, we players give each others missions/bounties. Hope that won't be the last one )

  11. #11
    Huckle Beare' Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,134

    Thumbs up

    FUCKING WIN!! i loved it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

  12. #12
    Erik Reed on MARS DR REED's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    - reactivated - (Titan)
    Posts
    1,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I highly doubt that its totally intended by the game, the world or whatever, for players to grab the bounty themselves that is placed on their head by circumventing and bypassing the games mechanics. That was Reeds complaint about, not the bounty idea itself.
    Yes, right, but i think Biglines understood what i wanted to say. I have to admit that there are other games like EVE Online, where bounty-hunting is expolitable, too. It is obviously a difficult thing to implement in a MMO. One has to suspend the anonymization of the player or his chars to avoid that he could take all roles.

    @William Antrim: This guy is standing in El Farid Oasis, right ?^^

  13. #13
    Loving Titan L0KI's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    I put a contract on the guy solely on the basis that whilst he was levelling his LE droner in El Farid, he clearly didn't like that I was there, out-damaging him, despite the fact that I had been soloing it for the past 40 minutes. In that time, I'd kept the queen alive and built up a huge spawn. He logged his non-LE tank, killed me, and logged out immediately.

    Well, combine that with the fact that I like to make a scene (anyone that's played along side me for any length of time will vouch for that).

    As Matt_UK used to say to people when they angered me; 'Fuck with the bull, you get the horns'.

    I miss that guy.

    (sorry DJ)

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    I put a contract on the guy solely on the basis that whilst he was levelling his LE droner in El Farid, he clearly didn't like that I was there, out-damaging him, despite the fact that I had been soloing it for the past 40 minutes. In that time, I'd kept the queen alive and built up a huge spawn. He logged his non-LE tank, killed me, and logged out immediately.

    Well, combine that with the fact that I like to make a scene (anyone that's played along side me for any length of time will vouch for that).

    As Matt_UK used to say to people when they angered me; 'Fuck with the bull, you get the horns'.

    I miss that guy.

    (sorry DJ)
    That's bad for you, but legimite I don't count how many time I've been killed by Black Dragon Red's and Tsunamis Unbreakables in DRT and Regant... Or maybe he wasn't leveling there with Droner and just do it like others, log in, see if someone non-le'd is there, kill him with this surprise-moment and logg out. Like John Szardak, like Malik and many many others.

    But in fact, it really doesn't matter. i just wonder, that an "unnamed" Runner is on a bounty list, and not someone like Malik, Arrista Barrett, Gin or others, who deserves it

    As Punk was online 20 minutes ago, I directed him. He doesn't read this forum but he was really appreciated about beeing hunted

    So I offer the first who gets him 100k, too!

    May the best get him!

  15. #15
    Loving Titan L0KI's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilmore View Post

    So I offer the first who gets him 100k, too!

    May the best get him!
    Good man!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •