The above suggestion for different BP colors for item categories would be a nice start someday in the future. Makes sorting the cabinets much easier. Maybe the effort for its implementation is reasonable.

So because there are more important issues should we just stop posting new ideas then? The only opposition I see to this thread seems to be stuff like that. I agree with Jodo. This is a functional upgrade just like when they changed the colour of blueprints. It's simple effective and it works. Honestly common sense dictates the strength of this suggestion. The negative posts are probably just trolling tbh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Yeah heavy trolling lol

Quote Originally Posted by Poesenmeter View Post
    maybe yes but there are also bigger probs .....e.g. the position bugs in pvp.....weapon balancing.....i hope they fix it fast and then they can speak about "little" things....
    Trolling or not there's a point to be made here. Ideas should not be shot down because there are "bigger fish to fry". All ideas should be judged and discussed on their own merit. Yes some things have priority, yes some things are more serious than others but ultimately we have a very varied skill set within the team. Each member of the team can and cannot deal with certain items on our list.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thx Triv!

I can only support that. Such a feature would need like a maximum of 1hour programming. And it would make constructing and ressing a lot more comfortable.

I'm pleased with the way this thread is progressed. Some excellent suggestions have been put forward and they all seem doable to me.
    Those who don't like my original idea or those mentioned afterwards, please put forward valid arguments so we can hone or dismiss it.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I think its a no brainer to be honest.

That has always been my thought but here we are (after how many years) needing to suggest it.
    Way back in NC1 I thought the first three items I had my friend build were tl 30.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Torg is as usual just against all kinds of changes..
    don't get me wrong. i'm all for making the game more exciting. but more self-explaining? where's the gain in making game knowledge less valuable? if you know how to use your weapon, moves and defences, you will win on the battlefield. if you know how to use your tools and resources, you will win on the marketplace.
    you may have a different opinion on this, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    don't get me wrong. i'm all for making the game more exciting. but more self-explaining? where's the gain in making game knowledge less valuable? if you know how to use your weapon, moves and defences, you will win on the battlefield. if you know how to use your tools and resources, you will win on the marketplace.
    you may have a different opinion on this, of course.
    It's a blueprint, a schematic. It should have every last detail about the item. It is the whole reason for its existence. Surely you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    It's a blueprint, a schematic. It should have every last detail about the item. It is the whole reason for its existence. Surely you see this?
    There is no real reason to make the game artificially more difficult for new players too imo.

One of NC's oldest problems is its learning curve. This idea spits in the face of that difficulty in terms of making a new char and having FUN tradeskilling. It would help people to manage inventories of BPs and cabinets and you never know, we might actually see more shops and things being set up from people's apartments because they can manage their BP libraries all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    of course i do see your point and understand your reasons. i just do not agree, as written above.

Fair enough, each to their own.

[edit - M]
    Last edited by Mokoi; 18-01-13 at 19:21. Reason: offtopic split from thread, back to the topic now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12