Default Biccy's Ideas - 10) Tech Drop Chance

Before i explain what i feel the problems are / what i would like to see fixed please understand that these are simply my ideas that, after playing the game during its core times (when it was at its very best), i feel need to be adjusted in order to make this a better experience and not another moment where the game looks promising only to be shot down by bad moves which has happened again and again.

TECH DROPS - PRIORITY LOW

Since returning to Neocron i'm finding it very hard to farm techs consistently. This is mainly due to the fact that my highest level char is a PE but also because, really, it's either fire mobs or nothing. The chaos caves, scorp caves etc are simply there for XP. The swamp caves seem unused and warbots have a terrible drop chance + you need hack to do them and since you ruined Weapon Lore i can't have both on a PE.

I don't know how other people feel, but a nice way from my point of view to add a little bit more use to caves / outside zones is to also add a drop chance to high level mobs. We're not on about a high percentage here but at least add it to their pools. For example at point red the mobs around Doom Harbinger should give a small chance of dropping L's and T's - thus making the place a bit more useful than for just one mob.

Same with fire mobs out in the world, i believe some (maybe Doomreapers etc) should have the chance to drop tech's as then it would promote people to kill them rather to just ignore them in the hope they find something better. I wouldn't suggest adding the same idea to a place like El Farid though, as you'd just have people jumping in to kill scorpions instead of actually farming (which is what it's there for)

Just an idea!

I think that you need to do a bit more research before you post this.

Firemobs almost all drop techs (Terrormaulers are the only high end - over 72 rank - ones that don't). Terror Leapers/Raptors do. Doom Reapers do. Grims obviously all do. Plenty of firemobs drop them.

What we need is something ELSE that drops them. Y commanders would be good. Some form of high level Swamp Mage type creature spawning in the wastes would be good too.

Obviously currently Hoverbombers/bots/eyes etc all do drop techs also but you need to hack them and they are hard to target when they fall on trees.

I think Johnny 5s would be a good bet to drop techs as well occasionally but thats just my opinion.

Also cave bosses should ALWAYS drop a tech rather than just once in a blue moon.

this would make things a LOT better.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

And make sure it's not needed to be hacked beforehand Everything high-end (troopers, DOY Bots etc) requires hacking. Y-Troopers are a great option + they scare me shitless

That is why I was thinking some higher end swamp mobs. Make use of the oodles of poison armour there is available - plus it is biological and so doesnt need hacking as you rightly said and perhaps Swamp Warrior farming could be the new Warbot Farming(tm).
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

right now nearly every outdoor mob cr78 and up drops techs. brutes, horrors, hovers, plenty of firevermin and the jolly warbots, too. while firemobs are farmed intensely these days, all others are not. so i'd usually hunt all on my own, when going for techs. i just dont think we need more techdropping animals out there. theres plenty. good luck.

Latest patch bumped the WB drop rate.

yea it seems a lot nicer now
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

The problem is that there are so many mobs high-end that are not worth your time in killing. If you look at WoW as an example, all mobs at the cap and around the cap have a chance to drop that money-making epic - hence why it's worth looting everything.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God