für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default [R#176] CR of Spiderbots confused

Maybe there was a hidden system behind it, but Small Spiderbots have CR 52 and the bigger Spiderbot Sentrys have Cr 48. That seem mistaken to me.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

its this way for years. i dont think its a problem, as we all know our spiderbots: the fat one doesnt hit as hard as the lean one. so?

The REAL Walker

As Torg said. It kinda makes sence, since the small ones are much more dangerous than the big ones.

It still should be a the other way around though IMO. But its not exactly what I would call important.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

It is if you're a new guy. After you get splattered by one I guess you learn the hard way but I can see why Deus pointed it out.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I was reminded how rediculous mob damage in nc is ATM after running past spider bot (while stealthed but's that's another issue I need to post up about), and it almost killed me in the first burst (capped spy with psi buffs up at the time and over 600 hp).

Crazy damage.

Why should the bigger mobs always be stronger than the smaller ones? Improvements in technology may involve that something gets more compact in size. And as said before the CR should fit, cause the higher CR is more dangerous.
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

This is one of those things that comes down to opinion. This has been like this for so long, should we change it just for the sake of it? It's an easy change but should we?

Moved to Brainport.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Maybe a simple fix would be to change the names of one, or both of them. Like, "Spiderbot", and, "Advanced Spiderbot" for the small one. That way if you hover over their name from a distance, you might assume that it is a harder version just by the name. Since, yeah, OP's right -- the word "small" usually implies something inferior to another version. ("Small Spider" .. "Spider" .. "Big Spider")

As for actually voting/supporting this idea, I'm indifferent, because of the fact that the small spiderbot has been that way for so long.

it's like a scorpion, the smaller they are, the more lethal
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I vote for leaving as it is. We shouldn't take away the surprise on new runners when they discover the world isn't as planable as they thought.
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’