Default Biccy's Ideas - 8) Weapon Condition

Before i explain what i feel the problems are / what i would like to see fixed please understand that these are simply my ideas that, after playing the game during its core times (when it was at its very best), i feel need to be adjusted in order to make this a better experience and not another moment where the game looks promising only to be shot down by bad moves which has happened again and again.

WEAPON CONDITION - PRIORITY LOW

Is it just me, or have weapons been changed to break all the time? I research and made up a new TL 65 pistol today, modded it all and then went out to level a bit. At the time of this post it's taken the weapon two hours to go from 120/120 to 46/120 and at this rate I'm going to have to find a repper before the end of the day.

Isn't this a bit over the top? Do rares break this quick too? If so i find it a bit silly that something you work for can be destroyed so quick. Low TL weapons i can understand slightly but if rares also break at this speed then i believe something should be done to cut that down a little - not by a lot, say around 25% less, that way at least your rare feels like it's been worth the time instead of getting it repaired every evening because 'shooting stuff out of a gun is not what they're designed for'

Oh perhaps have something where the higher TL / slot combo it is the less it degrades over time?
    Last edited by DigestiveBiscui; 08-01-13 at 18:26.

Dropping more than half the condition in a hunting session? That's not to bad really.

Also, what type was it? Higher freq weapons tend to wear out faster.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigestiveBiscui View Post
    Oh perhaps have something where the higher TL / slot combo it is the less it degrades over time?
    The more slots a weapon has, the slower it degrades. Thats already in place. I had comparison of that and it is very noticable.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

As long as that's there then i can stop moaning

Yes it's high-tech

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    The more slots a weapon has, the slower it degrades. Thats already in place. I had comparison of that and it is very noticable.

Just carry two guns.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

AFAIK in 2.2 it was also added that implants degenerate. It wasn't so before.

I think the goal for weapons and implants in 2.2 was to boost the trading somehow because people would need new stuff sometimes or at least a repper.

Does anyone else find it strangely satisfying to wear a gun down to 0%. You know you have had some use out of it that way plus it makes the repair tradeskill worth having. I have still never worn a gun down below 0%/90%. I seem to end up giving them away or selling them before this happens.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I think I find it satisfying when I am stood in the Plaza getting it repaired but not so much when I am still trying to brass up a Grim Chaser. If it breaks then I am usually quite colourful in my choice of language.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Does anyone else find it strangely satisfying to wear a gun down to 0%. You know you have had some use out of it that way plus it makes the repair tradeskill worth having. I have still never worn a gun down below 0%/90%. I seem to end up giving them away or selling them before this happens.
    Pff weak! My personal record is about /16 on the Slasher I leveled Gotti with
    Wish I still had it though
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance