Default Hi Guys! Getting Re-Started...

Heya, I just stumbled across the new all the new goodness of Neocron being reborn, you have no idea how excited I am. I've been logging onto the nukklear website looking for updates every so often, but didn't know to come here.

Regardless, the I have the client downloading now but have a few questions about the community before I jump in and start playing.

• Can anyone direct me to worthwhile fan sites with all the good info and updates?
    • I don't know what faction to play this time around. I used to play TG on my psimonk. Trouble is, I don't want to jump in blind. Is there a good balance on the factions with active clans everywhere with constant OP fights and so forth? Is there a shortage on any faction?
    • And there's no game breaking changes right? Still split up by NC, TH, and the TG areas?

I'm probably going to spend all day tomorrow at work reading through the forums and try to catchup haha.

NC... I'm back! Look forward to meeting everyone and playing with you guys Thanks!

EDIT:
    I just found http://stats.techhaven.org/en (and not the site I used to remember it to be) and notices something very wierd. It looks like the pvp is clan based and not faction based? Looks like I have alot of reading to do. (I see a clan from one faction taking an OP from another clan of the same faction)... Thats one thing I missed in NC was the alliances that were made.
    Last edited by mage; 08-01-13 at 07:39.

for most of the active opfighting clans, faction has very little to do with the pvp. There are however a number of smaller clans that roleplay their factions, for example DJ's clan is a true mercenary clan in City Mercs.

the pro/anti division of nc 2 was very quickly removed again, with a return of the faction alliances to nc1 standards. look up the faction alliances on http://wiki.techhaven.org , which is also the best fan site with good info.

as to the faction, it is relatively easy to switch factions, so find some people you like in the game, and join their faction if clans and opfighting is ur thing. If faction roleplay is your thing, i'd wait for someone else to talk about that, because I have no idea
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Wow dude, may 2001, thats the earliest i recall ever seeing!
    Welcome back!

Procity is on the rise. Check the recruitment threads if that sort of thing floats your boat. Anti city is currently overcrowded and has most of the PVP action in terms of op fighting but procity is in need of fresh meat to carve out its own niche in the world.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mage View Post
    EDIT:
    I just found http://stats.techhaven.org/en (and not the site I used to remember it to be) and notices something very wierd. It looks like the pvp is clan based and not faction based? Looks like I have alot of reading to do. (I see a clan from one faction taking an OP from another clan of the same faction)... Thats one thing I missed in NC was the alliances that were made.

The StatsDB is new. It has only been released since late last year. But the main TH website is still ticking over, and providing the best available information on Neocron.

It is also being updated in places to try and keep it up to date as best we can with the new patch information that is coming in too.

But, if you do find anything that needs changing or updating, let us know on our forums

http://www.techhaven.org
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
    for example DJ's clan is a true mercenary clan in City Mercs.
    /set threadjack 1

But I need more members! Check my Sig!

Or you could come over and join a side that fights for something other than money

I had to laugh when i saw the forum name. then i saw the forum join date and went aaah. ok.

Regards clans/factions etc i would say just play the game and keep your eyes and ears out for what clans are doing what etc and you will find one that suits your needs. There are some good ones out there.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Or you could come over and join a side that fights for something other than money

I had to laugh when i saw the forum name. then i saw the forum join date and went aaah. ok.

Regards clans/factions etc i would say just play the game and keep your eyes and ears out for what clans are doing what etc and you will find one that suits your needs. There are some good ones out there.
    This^
    Often you will get new friends through leveling, who are then part of a Clan, or making one.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Anyone recently leveled a monk and have spare APU/PPU spells to donate for a little while?

I forgot how hard it is to level up and get constructed items when you have very little / nothing. Reminds me of when I started playing all those years ago and it took me months before I got capped because I was so undergeared and didn't have a clue :P

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Quote Originally Posted by danmalone View Post
    Anyone recently leveled a monk and have spare APU/PPU spells to donate for a little while?

I forgot how hard it is to level up and get constructed items when you have very little / nothing. Reminds me of when I started playing all those years ago and it took me months before I got capped because I was so undergeared and didn't have a clue :P
    In my opinion Monks are the most expensive class in terms of leveling gear.

That's why I first did a "money maker". For me this was a Tank char.

With that money I was able to finance my other chars. Especially when the tank was able to go hunting rare parts on fire mobs.

Selling the unressed rare parts for good money made it finally possible to finance my monks and spies.

Regards

If you stick to levelling with pure energy spells and use the aoe levelling route (boring yes but fast) then monk levelling is no worse than any other.

Dan if you need stuff researched/constructed in game look out for any of the Earps. I will help you out. I do not have any old spells currently as mine have been handed round several people but I can certainly make things a tiny bit easier.

The REAL Walker

As William said..
    Just stick to energy spells.
    And when you can use a Holy Energy Barrel, Theres no need to anything else (until you can use Holy Thunderstorm ofc). So I really wouldnt call it more expensive that other classes.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    As William said..
    Just stick to energy spells.
    And when you can use a Holy Energy Barrel, Theres no need to anything else (until you can use Holy Thunderstorm ofc). So I really wouldnt call it more expensive that other classes.
    Never had a problem with money to be honest - I'll agree that a tank would be the best moneymaker so I may resort to dual logging a tank and monk and group so I can level 2 toons at once and toss a heal on myself every now and again.

Currently have around 30k to my 0/2 monk - Not bad considering I've just been going around boxes looting weapons mods to sell to vendors :P

I'll keep an eye out in game for you Mr Earp - A cst/res toon would be v useful

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Quote Originally Posted by danmalone View Post
    Currently have around 30k to my 0/2 monk - Not bad considering I've just been going around boxes looting weapons mods to sell to vendors :P
    This is how I started all of my toons. I run through the aggy sewers literally picking up every weapon mod and bone implant I can find until I get into yellow transport weight and then I go back to Archer and Wesson and Crytons and sell the lot (yeah I am that tight that I actually go to the shops and get more return from the proper vendors!).

This gets me A) starter cash and B) a few con levels while I am waiting for others to kill the mobs sometimes I will stab at them with my knife.

This only works ofc when you have other noobs levelling in the area.

But yeah as for the other bit I will normally be loitering around somewhere chap. I have almost capped both spies and can construct cap the TL110 Plasma Wave with a drug so I can make anything you throw at me to a decent level.

First of all, sorry for blatant thread hi jack - however...

Hello, if anyone remembers me I will be amazed but I am going to be downloading as soon as I get back from work (approx 4 hours time!). Is a PE a valid class to start first or as mentioned above is it worth taking a tank to "money make"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast