Thread: Venture Warp

Default Venture Warp

Venture Warp is supposed to be a fun means of seeing the sights, a random adventure.

Unfortunately it's being abused as a means of easy travel for starter characters.

People wanting to get to <insert location> warp, if they are near, all good, other wise they self kill and try again and again until they get there.

This doesn't help the drivers or the use of vehicles in general, doesn't get people taking the hazardous journey to MB/TH/NC, exploring or experiencing the game as intended.

Possible fixes:

Limit warp zones to those closer to NC. Doesn't give much variety to the zones gone to though.

Set a minimum level limit. Excludes content from players.

Increase price to say, 10k. Again excludes low levels (though 10k is quite easy to save up). Easiest and personal favourite.

Completely redesign the whole system entirely as a virtual reality exploration simulator. Could be used as a means of control/oppression as the truth of what's out there is kept from people's eyes (fill the zones with bunnehs).

If it is not broke then do not fix it.

Venture Warp is not broke. Nobody uses it after they have tagged the GR's. It is only used by new players. That is why it is there.

So no, in short. But thank you for suggesting it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Why don't we just skip the rigmarole then and have a button in P1 that activates all GRs?

I don't think that VW was intended as a means for starter chars to skip a large section of the ingame content/experience.

Bend Over, Touch Your Toes Load's Avatar

its used to warp to random place in the wastes and as antrim said its working as intended - if people want to skip content let them, its their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post

I don't think that VW was intended as a means for starter chars to skip a large section of the ingame content/experience.
    Something rings a bell in my head that the current implementation was not what the devs had in mind for the Venture warp. It feels the feature is a little unfinished, where you click a button and it dumps you at the reset point of the sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Why don't we just skip the rigmarole then and have a button in P1 that activates all GRs?

I'd give this the thumbs up over messing with venture warp.

It's called "venture" for a reason, I do not see how it is anything OTHER than a noob device for getting to explore random areas. If you guys think it has not been properly implemented then what do you think it SHOULD have done?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"