Default Get Con XP from running around?

We do not gain any currently as far as I know but should we gain a minor amount of con xp (something miniscule) for running around? I think we should as technically it is exercise.

Before anyone says auto-walk while AFK then I think we should only get our xp when we have stamina so this sort of thing wouldnt happen. The amount of xp would literally be 1 xp every few minutes or something but with the amount of running around most of us do in game it might be nice to get a con level on that first walk to tech haven/mb/the canyon perhaps!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    We do not gain any currently as far as I know but should we gain a minor amount of con xp (something miniscule) for running around? I think we should as technically it is exercise.

Before anyone says auto-walk while AFK then I think we should only get our xp when we have stamina so this sort of thing wouldnt happen. The amount of xp would literally be 1 xp every few minutes or something but with the amount of running around most of us do in game it might be nice to get a con level on that first walk to tech haven/mb/the canyon perhaps!
    That is actually not a bad idea. And as you said, it should be as low as 1xp per min (well, it should probably scale with levels or something like that) to avoid all the baddies doing bad Things with a feature like this.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Not sure how sever the exploitation of that would be regarding Autorun + Appartment.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

horribly exploitable: run your char to an app, face into corner, hit autorun, leave computer and come back next day: con capped.

i believe gaining con from getting hurt ist just fine. just like in real life, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    horribly exploitable: run your char to an app, face into corner, hit autorun, leave computer and come back next day: con capped.

i believe gaining con from getting hurt ist just fine. just like in real life, you know.
    Thats what i was talking about, tho iRL nobody would be mad about you using a treadmill for your training...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Read the original post. Already thought of that problem. If you set autorun in an apt eventually you're going to run out of stamina.... then the XP isnt going to add up. Also Torg by the maths proposed (a tiny handful of xp - less than 100 a tick for example) it would take WEEKS to cap con. Believe me I DO actually think these things through in terms of how could they be exploited before I post them!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I do agree that there should be a tiny xp gain from running (like there is for barter when you buy stuff from a vendor) but I still think this is exploitable. Even while running flat out, your stamina will regen a bit before being used up again so auto-run will give you xp. It might take a long time to get anything significant but leaving it on each night as you sleep will eventually add up.
    I've seen other runners using different, more efficient methods, but the auto-run in your apt will make it impossible to be caught.

Overall I'd say there was too much scope for bugs and exploits for such a small change to the game so leave it.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

The REAL Walker

As long as you need to be logged in constantly for at least a month to cap it (more for tanks), I really do not see this being exploited.
    What it could do however, is making it possible to take a CON-LoM once in a while, without being "forced" to PvE.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

We've been there and that feature got removed (I believe somewhere around NC1 beta 4) for a reason.
    I see little benefit in making players stick their head against walls again whenever possible (grabbing a coffee, going afk for a while ...).

If the XP gain is even slightly noticeable, that is what will happen.
    If it is not, there is not much point in allocating dev time for that "feature" in the first place.

... just my $0.02