für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default Fix 3rd Person Sight of Flashlights

Its minor, I am sure some say its got flair and belongs to Neocron, and its not really important.
    But if Flashlights could be made more like a weapon, meaning: You hold them steady and can actually illuminate something for someone else, or point to something, it would be nice.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

It would be good if they fixed this and maybe allowed everyone enviroment to be affects by the flashlight, I've seen quite a few dark but wouldn't light up with the flashlight

This isn't just flashlights, it's the 3rd person aiming in general relative to where the reticle points.

AoE is a nightmare in 3rd. Getting it to aim where you point would be a great help.

Flashlights not moving in the hand when walking/running would also help.

If aoe was accurate it would be the death of PvP.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If aoe was accurate it would be the death of PvP.
    Probably need to find the middle point, 3d AoE like first person instead of the suicide AoE in 3rd.

In Neocron 1, when you held out any kind of handheld tool, there was a proper 3rd person "holding" animation for it. Maybe no one remembers this now, but in Neocron 1, when you held up an equipped psi module, you actually held up your right hand, just like in the 1st person view. You also held up your flashlight (properly, aiming it forward) in 3rd person. There really was zero reason to remove this, but it probably had to do with the NC2 models not including all of the necessary animations.

Actually, if you watch your character in 3rd person, your arms and shoulders shift slightly when you equip a psi module or flashlight, but you will still have your arms down at your sides, looking like a dork. This means there is a coded "stance" still for those tools, but the NC2 model artist didn't make them.

Fun trick: Equip a flashlight when the zone nears 00:00 time. When it hits that time, you'll get the proper, NC1 stance with your flashlight, in 3rd person. Maybe it works for psi modules too, haven't tried.