Dropout I suggest using the old models because many of them were much better than the new ones, spercifically the PE and Tank. The problems with the new models I have listed, going back to the old models would be a temporary fix until the team could do something different.

The simple fact of the matter is that the old models worked, the new ones don't.
    Steve Sparkz 82/64 (ppu)
    WargoleM 63/62 (hc tank)

Pretty much agree to all of this.

- Rare part distribution is really weird and imho only firemobs are kind of viable atm.

- The "reworked" implants are utter crap, except a few perhaps. The decimal stats are annoying and don't make sense to me.

- The class balance definitely needs attention, i can only speak as a former APU and its a joke playing one right now. Only real use is cave barreling. This topic is difficult as always and usually cannot be dealt with "some ideas"

The not-so-important topics:

- Character models are indeed ugly, personally i liked the NC1 ones more, even with less polygons

- i agree to the safe-zone suggestions

- there could be more moneysinks lategame, but i don't think its an urgent issue that has to be dealt with in the first place

- Beginner experience is not sooo bad if someone wants to dig into the game. There's plenty of information available via Help chat, forums, irc, videos (let's plays etc) so resources are better put into the more important things

We need a burst of chaos... to become clean and purified. Neurotic cleansing disorder cease to be.
    Venting emotions, my demons are alive, Spiritual renewal, come come Katharsis!

My apologies Wargolem. I didnt mean to come across as obnoxious in my previous post. Please allow me to elaborate.

Apart from the parashock comment which I hate I am actually in favour of a lot of your ideas. The thing is they are ALL fundamental things that I would like to see changed about Neocron. The part that worries me about such big changes is having the discussion wander off down an off shoot track because different people have different agendas about how they would like Neocron to be. Personally I would rather see 5 different threads all tearing the shit out of an idea individually (or supporting it as the case may be) so that we do not end up with a game that has some of the "less popular" changes that have made it into it today.

I think you have hit up on the most prominent and burning issues within the game and as you can see by the passion in some of the replies you must realise you did this. For that and bringing it to the forefront of consciousness I can only praise you.

Just personally I am a fan of one thread - one change and rip it apart for me.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wargolem View Post
    then is it not nice to have them all in the same place?
    Nope. It's nice to have each idea in its own thread, but then keep all discussion about that one idea in one thread, rather than the same things being discussed in several people's "my ideas" thread.

Other than that:
    Tech parts - There may or may not be something up with tech drop, but it's impossible for anyone other than the dev team to know. Some people have 30 of one part, and none of another? With over 300 parts, if there were to drop randomly, you'd pretty much expect that, statistically. I also don't see everyone's desire to go back to one mob (Warbot) being the best tech source by far. More (roughly equal) options, and less reliance on techs all around would be my favored option.

Para - Oh god no. It's not unique (lots of games have snares and slow) and it's not fun. It also really hurts the possibilities of one skilled player taking on multiple opponents.

Economy - All this searching for a single money sink is barking way, way up the wrong tree. There's a lot more wrong with NC economy than too much money.

Safe Zones - We go round and round in circles on this one. When all the inner city is safe, people complain (legitimately) that it's far too easy for players to spend all their time in safe zones, avoiding a lot of the intended game mechanics. When these areas aren't safe, the whinge is about fighting right in front of HQs being stupid (and zone line hugging, but that happens everywhere in the city). The dream is no safe zones, but effective symp rules and copbots, but until heel freezes over, I dunno what is best.

New Player Experience - nothing to disagree with there, although I wonder if just general player experience stuff should come first - make the game a really fun game to play before making it easy to get into. Still, at the very least, all the misinformation is stuff like skill adviser emails and so on should go away,

I don't yearn for the days when using a 'Freeze' sidearm was a must in PVP - so Holy Frustration is a no from me.
    I also think that Implants such as mentioned should not be quite as toned up as they used to be - perhaps somewhere in the middle.

However WarGolem makes very valid and constructive points.

I think the problem we have is we all have our nostalgia goggles on - I'd like to see some input from 'newer' players imho.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

If you care for issues addressed in this thread, I would kindly ask you to put them into seperate threads.
    One topic per thread.

It will be very hard for us to keep track of a discussion that goes all over the place and jumps from topic A to B to C and back. I will be happy to replace the sections of the opening post with links to the new threads and merge the discussion that has already taken place here. Simply send me a pm.

Before this threads grows further and gets into the "untrackable" state mentioned above by Trivaldi and others, I will now close it.
    Not to hinder discussion on these important topics, but to make sure each topic gets the attention it deserves.

-M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12