Default [00310][R#176] Invisible enemies

I recognized this some years ago, then it was gone somehow.

Now it's back.
    The last days i spent hunting for rares in cycrow, while it happened 5 times, that invisible mobs where spawned. Mostly they spawn the "natural" way, sometimes get spawned by something like a Terror Raptor or even Grim Chaser.

They can still shoot players, attack them, kill them - but they cannot be seen. Same happened in Regant, when i took damage and no enemy was in sight (not in the wall, it was moving).

Zoning or relogging solves the problem, while most of the time players will just don't know what happens.

Also, some past-spawned enemies like the little raptors or maulers will get spawned into the textures - either the mountains or boxes or walls. Sometimes the player cannot attack them, but they can attack you.

Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

Default [00310][R#180] PVE impossible due to invisible mobs

Was Warbot hunting with a mate at Battledome and we got killed again and again by invisible Warbots.
    When this happens we also got a weird kill message, like "you got killed by Next Observer", sometimes killed by Next Quad.
    Happend about 5 times for each of us in just 20 minutes hunting, making it practically impossible to go hunting.
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

gestern selber gesehen 3 leute beim bd wbs am jagen ich hatte ne drone die warten alle auf ein reswarp ich hab dan ein wb gesehen direkt neben den 3 keiner hat auch nur ein schuss abgegeben zack erster tot da nach zweiter bis ich den wb angeschossen hab der letzte sagte ich hab nichts gesehen !

das heist 3 leute haben den nicht gesehen als der reswarpt ist da muss dringent was gemacht werden ! bin auch schon zich mal gekillt worden deswegen mit texten wie "von reveler chaincraft" getötet worden dabei war es ne spiderbot

wenn man schaden bekommt und das ohne sound oder sichtbar am schild und man schnell sich in sicherheit ein relogg macht kann man danach den mob sehen, aber nicht immer hat man 10 sec zeit irgentwo in sicherheit zu reloggen.

das ist auch nicht auf eine zone bezogen das ist überall so

edit : server titan da ich nichts anderes dazu gefunden hab das war aber schon mit patch 176 so aber jetzt kommt das viel öfter vor ! auch zu lesen im occ.
    sorry das das nicht in englisch ist
    Last edited by ICE98; 11-02-13 at 12:30.
    X-COM ANTI A.L.F.SECURITY

It is nearly impossible to go to warbot hunt on battle dome i was there today for exactly 20 minutes and got killed more then 10 times .......
    the mobs respawn in invis mode so you cant see them Plz fix it btw you get every time it happends some other message what has kileld you mostly for me it was a hovertech or a quad

Angry Got Killed after Genreping to appartment

Got Twice killed after genreping to my appartment from a quad ...
    message is you got killed by next quad v2.1

I am asking me if i didnt see the Highway that is crossing my appartment and if so plz GM'S do me a favor and install some
    trafic lights or maybe better a Copbot inside my appa so the spedder's will slow down ...............

edit:
    Third time this time at gabanium mine and no there was no hoverbomber close or over me ( maybea invis one )

arf i like it
    Last edited by Mokoi; 12-02-13 at 00:51. Reason: thanks for the report (duplicate threads merged)

Confirmed with the Next Reveller death message.

Also at Battle Dome. Only happened once in about 6 hours of farming though. At one point i was shooting a warbot that was in plain view of me and my team. we were at very close range to him as he had just spawned (10 feet maybe) but only i could see him. The guys in my team relogged and then he was visible and they could also shoot him. This was with a team of about 4-5.

As mentioned however with a team of just 2 of us the invisible warbot got us. First my friend then me. I got the stack of xray damage on me and then i died shortly after. Not sure if team size/zone activity has any correlation here but trying to provide all the facts.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I still think this problems occured first day after the clipping fix. On the server the NPCs will spawn properly on the ground, while the on the client they will be under the terrain.

Workaround:
    Doublecheck with the client. If the NPC is not on the (nearly) exact x/y/z, send an update to the client.

This will also work for cases as when NPCs spawn in disguise, likewise a warbot would appear as bothound or something. Add a query to recheck if the right models are used (displaying the right enemy model).

Also, apart from the clipping fix, things won't get much easier without a proper netcode (check, recheck, double recheck, triple rererecheck) and updating mechanisms. (Netcode will fix most of the clipping issues too).

Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

Is there any ETA on when we can expect these issues to be addressed?
    The amount of invisible mobs and invisible shots is getting f*cking rediculous!
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

This happened to me, reported it about a month ago in Bug Reports in an older post..
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

This should be fixed in the current development branch. Fix will be included in next testserver patch.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Default [00310][R#180] Invisible Damage

now that im not le'd im really noticing how bad this bug is, about 50% of the time when im in p2 my health drops but i dont see anyone shooting... this is really a pain in the ass when your running through places like pp and not realizing your being attacked till its to late!

Report re-opened. Please provide as much detailed information as possible so we can readdress this issue in a future patch. Thanks.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT