Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Absolutely against this idea. Plus what would a noob level with as pure barter, buying shit all day ?

Bottom line is no noob levels as pure barter because barter leveling does not exist. People cap and LOM to barter.

I hope some fool just doesnt come up and goes : "I always wanted to level from noob to pure barterer", because it's just a plain bullshit answer.

Also with the current non-existent barter chips, at least the barter char can double as a driver/repper/recycler and use those chips instead of being a pure gimp with most imp slots attributed to barter chips.
    Last edited by Kame; 27-12-12 at 23:09. Reason: Typo

The noobs would level the same as all of the other noobs. Barter would work in the same way as Implanting. How many pokers level up as pokers? None, they get their guns out and kill stuff when they are not poking people at Medicare.

While your opinion is valid, your argument is not. My barterer is 150 currently and has had barter since day 1. Granted she is a driver as well. However I would gladly like to have the opportunity to swap out my implants to increase my bartering for a period of time so that I can stock up on repair nannites and then swap my chips back to my driving imps so that I can go and drive my rhino and repair it.

You dont level by bartering, everyone here knows that. So please tell me again why it is a bad idea?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

and the "swimming against the tide" idea starts to come to mind. interesting points made by kame but i agree with what william said above. anyway. not gonna let this good idea for getting in to another forum war.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

To go with my general thinking about fixing the game i would like to add that introducing new imps/items is hardly a way of fixing game balance. To me its just addressing specific issues with a band-aid solution. Just think about 2.2

Without suddenly rushing into full cliche mode I do not think that fixing game balance and adding new imps are even in the same category. This kind of suggestion, at least in my mind, comes under the new content banner. Two things that NC needs that I think a lot of people here definitely CAN agree on is content and balancing. Of those two content is far and away the easiest thing to add. Content brings players, balancing keeps them.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    they won't make barter be able to make infinite money.
    you seem to be waging a war against something that noone is proposing? where is anyone proposing to make barter so overpowered that u can buy stuff for less than you can sell it?
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Okay, then define what the limit of all these new implants would be.

Tell me what a full barter gets now as a discount and sell back, and what the new proposed barter would get. Because right now, using a barter and buying items from an Outpost is already ridiculous.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Doesnt the effect of barter work on the same diminishing returns principle of other skills, rather than being linear? That being the case, the effect of three or so more implants ultimately wont be that much, but it will help more in the lower levels for those that are skilling it and not capping via something else and then lomming.

An extra 10-15 barter at the cap probably wont have that much an effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12