Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Barter Implant Idea

Doy Eye style barter implant. Cant see a glove being a great idea and maybe the chips arent the best way to go but im not sure.

A series of eyes could be kinda cool. even one that is recycled like the Doy Eyes has been discussed with friends. Like the recycle eye the user has a keen eye for item quality and is able to negotiate a discount with vendors. Make it recyclable from materials the way you do currently with the doy eyes.

Thoughts?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Gimme.
    There's not enough items that give a bonus to barter imo. Sign me up.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

I'll take two if I can have one half price!

Yeah I'm good with this.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Don't eat that yellow snow

A barter glove to match the other gloves would make sense. Maybe give to DRE

I'm down. As it stands, my poor little tradeskill-only noob only has the Jones brain implant for barter. I think that's the only thing that adds barter, implant-wise, according to THN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    A barter glove to match the other gloves would make sense. Maybe give to DRE
    I agree, any solution that benefits bartering I'm down with. But isn't it the handshake that ultimately seals the deal ?

chips/eyes over any glove imo. i just cant see the glove making much sense. its brainpower to negotiate.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    chips/eyes over any glove imo. i just cant see the glove making much sense. its brainpower to negotiate.
    on the other hand, if said glove looks like knuckles... hmmmm...
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

Quote Originally Posted by DER_julu View Post
    on the other hand, if said glove looks like knuckles... hmmmm...

Or a bone-crunching handshake...

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Well +1 to this.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

The total discount you'd get from all these new implants would have to equal what you get now with only one implant. You can't go much higher than now otherwise you would have infinite money.

A maxed out barterer now is already powerful. I don't see the need for more bartering implants.
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    The total discount you'd get from all these new implants would have to equal what you get now with only one implant.
    by doing this you render the implants pointless.
    Something is wrong.

Then you need to give people a chance to spend their money on other stuff. You are going to have infinite money one day anyway so how is that a reason to say no to this idea. The noobs will make great use of stuff like this. If anything then you could lower the amount of benefit given by the barter skill and equal the total benefit of the current barter (50% or whatever the highest discount is) with these new imps and a maxed out full int barterer.

Seriously great idea.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    ...You can't go much higher than now otherwise you would have infinite money.
    I already have 5,000,000 credits after a man week of levelling my char. I cannot see any reason not to introduce it into the game.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    by doing this you render the implants pointless.
    I agree, hence why we don't need the implants.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Then you need to give people a chance to spend their money on other stuff.
    I am confused by this statement. What do you mean?

You are going to have infinite money one day anyway so how is that a reason to say no to this idea.
    Um, no... Right now there is no legit way to get infinite money. But if you want to increase the power of the barter so any player can buy a gun for 5000 and sell it right back to the vendor for 6000, then NOW you have infinite money.

The noobs will make great use of stuff like this. If anything then you could lower the amount of benefit given by the barter skill and equal the total benefit of the current barter (50% or whatever the highest discount is) with these new imps and a maxed out full int barterer.
    Yes, that is my point. You cannot just simply increase the power of the barter by adding more implants because the power of a maxed out barter is pretty close to breaking the game as it is. I am glad you agree with me that if you want more implants, you need to adjust the power of bartering to equal what we have now. If you want to lessen the skill, but make the implants more influence somehow, that is perfectly fine.

I am glad you are able to contribute to this idea. I like lessening the barter skill itself, and increasing the power of bartering implants.

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    I already have 5,000,000 credits after a man week of levelling my char. I cannot see any reason not to introduce it into the game.
    Breaking the economy by introducing a macro engine for infinite cash will break the game. Also, you gained that money by playing the game. Doing the same thing by setting up a macro program at a vendor is not what the developers intended as correct game play.

Anyway, regardless of who posts here, the developers know fully well how delicate an mmo economy is, and you can bet your woc disks they won't make barter be able to make infinite money.
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast