There's items that are of actual benefit (which would be a bad thing to make faction only) and there are those that simply give another option.

Does the CA plasma wave really impact things?

So long as there is a similar item then I don't see much wrong with some items being unique to a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Roc-a-fella View Post
    you dont even play, clearly
    You pay more for shitty rares ?

Sucks to be you then.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    There's items that are of actual benefit (which would be a bad thing to make faction only) and there are those that simply give another option.

Does the CA plasma wave really impact things?

So long as there is a similar item then I don't see much wrong with some items being unique to a faction.
    The NCPD Armor (eventhough its incredible ugly) does not have an equal.
    I wouldnt mind faction only items, if they were purely a visual thing though.. Like your example DJ, but same TL/dmg as ravager, but with a red/blue/pink/random-color beam instead. However, that would be pretty impossible to do when it comes to lowtech weapons, without remodeling them - and we all know that the volunteers has more than enough to do as it is
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

DJ you need to get hit by one. Its smart. Beats the Rav hands down.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Of course it does, it's several TLs higher.

I think what I mean by similar is similar TL option, rather than weapon style.

Like a TG raygun pistol, CM gat pistol or TS uzi at dex 100 would be alternatives to the judge.

Also, the CAPA, while it has no 'equal', it doesn't increase skills and the armour values are not particularly amazing, is it better or simply a different option?
    Last edited by Dribble Joy; 08-01-13 at 02:24.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Of course it does, it's several TLs higher.

I think what I mean by similar is similar TL option, rather than weapon style.

Like a TG raygun pistol, CM gat pistol or TS uzi at dex 100 would be alternatives to the judge.

Also, the CAPA, while it has no 'equal', it doesn't increase skills and the armour values are not particularly amazing, is it better or simply a different option?
    I'd say these days it's just a different option. Though, unfortunately due to it's lack of skill bonuses it's not actually any good for someone to actively use other than full RP and looks (unforunately it doesn't look that great either, if it made you look like a storm bot however....)
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Pierce and Force resists are good on it. The energy and whatever other buff it gives are only 25. If they were doubled it would actually be viable. I considered making a thread about this but thought id get laughed at .

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Pierce and Force resists are good on it. The energy and whatever other buff it gives are only 25. If they were doubled it would actually be viable. I considered making a thread about this but thought id get laughed at .
    It needs to give a 'slight' combat boosts (though if you didn't need 190+ p-c or r-c to do decent damage on your weapons would help).
    Or maybe +2 dex on it to make it viable and make you look like a STORM bot! Lol

To get back on the original topic: I think that if these new high TL line of weapons would be faction specific like DJ suggested everybody will start changing the faction to get the current best weapon.

To avoid this we would have to give every faction the same faction specific weapon line.

But then we will have virtually the same weapon 12 times. For each faction one and this does not make sense to me.

Remember, we are not talking about one faction specific weapon like the hacknet HC weapon for CA ("Special Forces Plasma Wave") but about a whole line of weapons to be able to somehow compete with rares and WoC weapons in PvP and PvE.

Although the special weapons will still be better (for example the 10% damage bonus for rares) this would really be cool for everybody because more people could join in to the fun of PvP and endgame PvE a lot sooner.

Regards

Well the first thing to do before bringing in any more weapons or altering the current ones is to make sure that all weapon types are equally viable. Fixing the implant/armour system is the precursor to this as it currently massively favours high TL.

Well the first thing to do before bringing in any more weapons or altering the current ones is to make sure that all weapon types are equally viable. Fixing the implant/armour system is the precursor to this as it currently massively favours high TL.
    agreed.

While we are on the subject also the epic rewards need some time devoted to them as a sub topic. We all know which ones im talking about

p3 should be the place for the dre storage cell etc. the moveon, ca pa etc need looking at. Hopefully by nature of the rebalancing the TS rifle becomes useful again. Maybe the blackdragon apartments could be in pp2/3 also. just ideas. prob should be in the Brainport but its been discussed in the thread
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    agreed.

While we are on the subject also the epic rewards need some time devoted to them as a sub topic. We all know which ones im talking about

p3 should be the place for the dre storage cell etc. the moveon, ca pa etc need looking at. Hopefully by nature of the rebalancing the TS rifle becomes useful again. Maybe the blackdragon apartments could be in pp2/3 also. just ideas. prob should be in the Brainport but its been discussed in the thread
    Yes, that's true. Another subject that arose (again) from this thread are faction specific items that fit into the lore and make people loyal to that faction, so that we will maybe have true faction wars and political alliances again in the future, for example.

Right now nobody cares much about their faction anyway but one or two clans (LG and Skulls comes to mind).

For example, when I first played NC i read thru the faction infos and decided I wanted to be in TT cause I wanted to have the effin best weapons there are. But in game this clearly isn't the case. The epic weapon is very nice for PvE atm but nothing more, and there's nothing else for TT.

I say give the factions non-combat related items - uniforms for example.

High end NON-rare weaponry should be available to all after you complete some sort of indepth mission for Archer and Wesson or HEW.

Put the NPC in the HEW/A+W/PSI shop and let people go from there.

Pitch all of the weapons at between 80 and 90 TL (something for PE's as well as the other classes). Use the mission rules for these weapons too perhaps - capped stats (120%) and a random chance of slots. Not BPable but they would be DROPPABLE and the quest is repeatable. Pick from, initially, one pistol, one rifle, one cannon and one psi spell (apu). Then go from there adding more if you feel you need to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12