Default What do rare imps and MC5 imps go for these days?

Hey all,
    I just got back to NC last week and got my first char on Titan up to the mid 80's in his main stats.
    I'm starting to wonder what rare imps and MC5 imps are worth these days?
    Is there a huge difference in price among them? (rare and MC5 seperately off course). Or is there a general guideline I could follow? For example: "one of the rare imps will cost you roughtly X credits, and one of the MC5 imps will cost you roughly X credits".
    For now, I'm mainly interested in dex and psi related implants but I don't want to get ripped off in trade chat.
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

Find a seller first then talk prices. There just isn't the vibrant economy still. Everyone is gearing mains and alts. I have not seen any mc5 imps for sale.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The last MC5 parts I saw for sale were going for 10 mil + a woc disk. Until the GM's decide to put MC5 back into the game in a viable way, it will continue to get worse, further messing up the economy.

Trading is the way forward. currently. Thats an economy in itself. However you need to have stuff to trade to be able to do that. Most people wont part with mc5 parts without getting others in replacement.

Mc5 really needs sorting out properly and soon. im getting fed up of going up there and stomping round the whole zone killing everything in my path and not finding the base commander. I still haven't see him once since hes been moved outside and i have made several trips up there.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Thanks for the info.
    I'll stick to farming rareparts with some friends for now then, hoping to find some of the imps I need.
    TITAN
    Knight-Barter: Capped conster / repper spy
    Knight-Research: PPU poker
    This is when I realized I should stop using professions in my char names ...
    Iron-Man: HC tank
    Future char plans: Res spy, RC spy, RC PE, PC PE, ...

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [F6]Knight View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll stick to farming rareparts with some friends for now then, hoping to find some of the imps I need.
    EBAY :-D he he

MC5s will be cheaper now. The new MC5 is boss.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    MC5s will be cheaper now. The new MC5 is boss.
    Sounds good!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Yeah, MC5 prices should drop.

I've noticed some inconsistencies:
    One chap tried to sell me Bat Queen bones for 500k, whilst another chap sold unressed rares for 60k.
    The unressed rares are back down to a sane value, especially since they are so easy to get, whilst Bat Queen set was too dear.

In the real world housing sector one knows the average price per sq meter/foot. The values changes based on location. Similar guidelines in NC are inexistent.

If you don't like the price, then walk away.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    Yeah, MC5 prices should drop.

I've noticed some inconsistencies:
    One chap tried to sell me Bat Queen bones for 500k, whilst another chap sold unressed rares for 60k.
    The unressed rares are back down to a sane value, especially since they are so easy to get, whilst Bat Queen set was too dear.

In the real world housing sector one knows the average price per sq meter/foot. The values changes based on location. Similar guidelines in NC are inexistent.

If you don't like the price, then walk away.
    However, unlike real-life housing, there is no substitute for MC5's (or batqueen bones, if you want to do melee).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Batqueen bones at 500k a set. I would laugh all day long at that. I would never pay more than 50k a set for the bones. 8 points of melee? Its hardly UBER any more. The brain chips only cost 35k!

If they did the old 40 odd extra melee like they did in NC1 then I might consider it. Considering how utterly dogshit melee is right now however I would laugh at this loser and go get my own batqueen bones.

I bet there would be plenty of decent PPUs who would work for half that fee for the 10 minutes it would take in the BQ cave to get some bones.