Lightbulb MY wishes on future Patches...

synchronous server...
    ... needs speedcapp, on patch 175 no one speeds like a rocket and the server could count the damage given right
    ... no bugged damage on 175

drugs...
    ... flash can only go away if you sit it out or died AND take genrep
    ... a psi-rezz only bring people alive not cleaning the bodys from drugs
    ... drug-rezz are a bug not a feature, i hope you guys get it
    ... drugs need higher disadvantages...
    - speed drugs make people faster but have to take down resists/aim
    - aim drugs let people aim faster/ get a higher range but make really slower
    - resist drugs let people get more damage, makes slower
    - more than 4 drugs and you cant get the drugflash lost by genrep

stealth...
    ... once there was a time were you get drugflush on stealthing to many times or you get si
    ... bring them back pls
    ... it sucks that pe and spy can stealth a way with the lowest stealth tools by using it 10 times
    ... higher stealthes can lower the flash and si gain (woud bring back the usage of antistealthdrugs)
    ... people can stealth 2 times with out flash after the third stealth it will give you a lower flash every stealth after will set the flush higher

rifle...
    ... rifle should make damage on high till midrange, thats what they are done for ( best example is the redeemer)
    ... burst weapon should get a lower accuracy while moving (or like most player does speeding)

pistols...
    ... should do more damage in close combat then a rifle
    ... should get a loss of damage in range range fights like the raygun-rifle/pistols do

melee...
    ... should do more damage thru psi shields
    ... need synchronous server

insert a regant heavy pe pa (why is there only a melee one?)
    marine should give more str
    combat vehicle should get lower str requirements (str81 max)

ok these are my wishes...and now start flame the drug and rezz part

I couldn't agree enough on ALL those points!
    Really!

R#175 made the game so much better in ways of low latency and correct DMG calculation. I don't know why this was removed? If it has something to do with the database then you have to bring those fixes back as soon as the database bug got fixed.

I love the drug suggestions. Nowadays everybody chomps down drugs as if they were Tic Tacs and suffer practically no disadvantage from doing it because of the numerous ways to cheat around the drug flash. Also every brain chip you use gives advantages and disadvantages. Why of all things are DRUGS the only thing in the game that is 100% perfectly fine for your body?

I don't have to add anything to stealth. I think devilstrikers explanation says it all.

Weapons really need to be adjusted to their original field of use. It has to matter and make sense to use a pistol. It is for close quarter combat and it has to excel there! Same goes for Rifles that have to be mid to long range.
    The game must be balanced but that does not mean that a Spy works as a front line soldier. The balance has to come from their ability to stealth and ambush you from close range (pistols) or long range (rifles/sniper). Not from being able to stand in front of a tank and shoot him down with an AK47

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

One third of the starting post are things that made Neocron the mess it is right now.
    I will translate a small part to what i see here: "Make Spies & PE's impossible to play due to changes on the drug-system,do not let them use stealth since i can't hit em with my tank when they use it"
    You may think these changes would be good but that is only your side of the coin,you have to think globally about these issues and not only from your perspective [in this case,a Tank that has a hard time with Spies].

Try to think this trough as a Spy or PE and you will see that most of these changes will limit your Gameplay abilities to "fight for 5 minutes,sit on a bench for the next 20 due to drugflash".
    Devastating changes,specially for Private Eye's that try to compete.

However,i tend to agree on the Rifle/Pistol damage system change,there is no real reason to use Pistols and that Melee needs to get fixed is a given fact.Close combat should be the domain of pistol & melee users,not weird looking [read: holo-pa wearing] spies with AK's.
    I would also agree on the Marine-CPU part [it's not that useful atm,Moveon CPU should be looked at,too].

@OP: It's not flaming if people disagree with your posted opinions in a civil manner
    Inspector Mittens

I'm with ghostface on this one. Nothing more needs to be said.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface_Speak View Post
    @OP: It's not flaming if people disagree with your posted opinions in a civil manner
    IF

You did, so thank you for that. Most don't however.

I see your point but the goal should be to make drugs not a requirement to play effectively but to make them a temporary bonus so that comes with a temporary penalty.

What nowadays happens is that drugs are being exploited to fix a range of other issues with those classes. I read through CMasters Armor thread that shows how PEs really get fucked over armor wise. This and many other botches in the game make it seem necessary to use drugs as if they were part of the skill system.

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    What nowadays happens is that drugs are being exploited to fix a range of other issues with those classes. I read through CMasters Armor thread that shows how PEs really get fucked over armor wise. This and many other botches in the game make it seem necessary to use drugs as if they were part of the skill system.
    Could not agree more,you really nailed it there.Many Armors,Weapons and Vehicles seem to be designed with the "Gimp your toon, drug up or use something else" message and that can't be how it was intended (well...kinda).
    This needs to change and many,many people (myself included) hope to see this getting better but it needs to be fixed in the core mechanics.

Closing the gap between nonrare-rare-woc,fix weapons that are out of the line (Disruptor comes to mind) and make Vehicles useable by almost anyone.After THIS is done (and i hope it get's done "pretty quick") the Bonus/Malus of drugusing can be adressed and problems that may occur or remain can get ironed out.

Changing the things as mentioned in the first post,on top of the screwed core gameplay,will not fix anything.In my opinion,things will get worse since we kinda had a "not so well thought trough" balancing with 2.2
    Let's not repeat that,please

(On a sidenote: Private Eye & Apu beeing gimped to death & Tank beeing the new Jack-of-all-trades are a direct result of people posting without thinking about how it would turn out IF they had to deal with these changes themself or how it would change things globally)
    Inspector Mittens

pistols...
    ... should do more damage in close combat then a rifle
    ... should get a loss of damage in range range fights like the raygun-rifle/pistols do

melee...
    ... should do more damage thru psi shields
    ... need synchronous server
    Dont forget speed as a factor. Same damage would be ok, but the pistol-spy has to be faster, because of the small weapon size (rifle-spy with larger range). That is what it meant to be, but atm a rifler can spec that disadvantage away.

The question is, should drugs be better than no drugs? Or should they offer a means to alter a char rather than simply improve it.

Redflash for example gave you +5 Dex back in the day, but also lowered HLT. Now there are no downsides (and it adds a massive amount of AGL as well as some TC).

on a side note i do believe pistols have the fastest closing reticule which is a factor

honestly, i don't think limiting all rifles to mid - high-range is the solution to the problem. shotguns simply belong in the close-range sector, and limiting it to mid- and high-range takes mid-range-rifles out of the game, because honestly - how many fights have you guys fought at that mysterious mid-distance lately (no offense) ?
    i think this will make everyone play with a sniper or pistols, keep the range without altering the damage (as proposed by the TS), but change it via reticle closure rate (as in, pistols close a lot quicker at close ranges) and push the damage of pistols to a decent level so they can compete with rifles again.
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DER_julu View Post
    [...] and push the damage of pistols to a decent level so they can compete with rifles again.
    As far as I remember that was the intended target of the balancing of 2.2, that pistols are a little stronger than rifles, better for close range combat, less speed reducing than rifles, but with less range. Guess with all the outliers in weapons of the same type (e.g. Gatling weapons having very low damage, even if fired at closest range with all shots hitting), it doesn't matter what was intended, as long as a few weapons break that intention.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    As far as I remember that was the intended target of the balancing of 2.2, that pistols are a little stronger than rifles, better for close range combat, less speed reducing than rifles, but with less range. Guess with all the outliers in weapons of the same type (e.g. Gatling weapons having very low damage, even if fired at closest range with all shots hitting), it doesn't matter what was intended, as long as a few weapons break that intention.
    Exactly sir!

unfortunately Not all weapons follow this methodology for example aks and gatling rifles, which were added much later....

I have to agree with the last two posts.

Also I have to agree that Shotguns are anything but long range weapons.
    But I think they have to come with a decent disadvantage (I'd go for speed) for using them so it does not break the rules like Chuck and Deus Ex Machina said.

All in all there is a MAJOR fuckup weapon and armor wise and it really is not ok that it gets "fixed" by using something other fucked up like drugs nowadays. This gives a lot of players a strange view on how things roll in Neocron and it does not address the core issue. It even brings up tons of new issues. So as soon as the exploits and netcode stuff is fixed (again) we all should concentrate on Armor and Weapons so we can fix everything corrupted around those core issues.

I think this is a breaking point for Neocron. We should get this done in a decent time frame and people like CMaster will play a major role in this.

I don't know about you guys but I have some problems bringing back oldschoolers and their newbie friends to Neocron as long as those gameplay mechanics are botched like this. I am not one of those guys that say "OMG NEOCRON IS GOING TO DIE AGAIN" but I think it can only blossom to its full potential when we get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    I have to agree with the last two posts.

Also I have to agree that Shotguns are anything but long range weapons.
    But I think they have to come with a decent disadvantage (I'd go for speed) for using them so it does not break the rules like Chuck and Deus Ex Machina said.

All in all there is a MAJOR fuckup weapon and armor wise and it really is not ok that it gets "fixed" by using something other fucked up like drugs nowadays. This really gives a lot of players a strange view on how things roll in Neocron and it does not address the core issue. It even brings up tons of new issues. So as soon as the really bad exploits and netcode stuff is fixed (again) we all should concentrate on Armor and Weapons so we can fix everything corrupted around those core issues.

I think this is a breaking point for Neocron. We should get this done in a decent time frame and people like CMaster will play a major role in this.

I don't know about you guys but I have some problems bringing back oldschoolers and their newbie friends to Neocron as long as those gameplay mechanics are botched like this. I am not one of those guys that say "OMG NEOCRON IS GOING TO DIE AGAIN" but I think it can only blossom to its full potential when we get this done.
    If i were them i'd be concentrating on issues being mentioned like balancing armor and weapons... im afraid the client is beyond repair or much to old for the fixes and work around on the exploits and hacks. The community usually weeds the shitbirds out pretty well in game

Well, as far as I can say the 175 patch really fixed netcode related problems big time. It seemed to be a bit slow but this was just an illusion like when the FOV was fixed for widescreen. After a few minutes you adjusted to that. I don't know why this got rolled back. My only explanations are either it was related to the database errors or the devs got intimidated by some forum reactions.

Apart from that I can't say how good exploits and cheats got fixed with that and I think no decent player can.

But yes... If this is all that can be done client wise we should immediately get to fixing the things mentioned above!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast