Yes, my idea is based on pure speculation. Maybe the current system is easy to expand or change. I just got the feeling that it isn't.

And there are many other solutions. What i mean is just a dynamic scriptable system would make extending the citycom much easier. And a browser engine is a ready scriptable enviroment with many features.

I'm for the idea, though I feel it should be sandboxed, meaning you can only used specific pages, such as NC forums etc, and possibly designated fan sites. It may open up really interesting API's too!

As (in theory) it would be possible to replicate the current system in a sandboxed browser without noticeable changes to look and feel whatsoever (in practice it is a metric tonne of work), I would suggest you leave out the technical implementation and focus on the features or changes in behavior/content you would like to see. "What" and "why"? We'll see about the "how?" side of things afterwards

I once again ask you to reconsider, but this will be the last time since I know I've already annoyed everyone. It's a big part of what makes Neocron Neocron. Aside from physical world zones, the current CityCom is probably the only untouched/untainted chunk of content left from NC1. Can we consider other options aside from completely clean-slating it? I'll even say again, I'm a programmer, and UI functionality is probably my favorite thing to design/code.

I don't think improving mission acquiring time by 15 seconds and being able to visit THN in-game instead of alt-tabbing for 2 seconds will be worth the cost of the work put into a new CityCom, but more importantly I don't think it will be worth the cost of deleting a classic part of the game.

It does have kind of a sentimental value. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    I once again ask you to reconsider, but this will be the last time since I know I've already annoyed everyone. It's a big part of what makes Neocron Neocron. Aside from physical world zones, the current CityCom is probably the only untouched/untainted chunk of content left from NC1. Can we consider other options aside from completely clean-slating it? I'll even say again, I'm a programmer, and UI functionality is probably my favorite thing to design/code.

I don't think improving mission acquiring time by 15 seconds and being able to visit THN in-game instead of alt-tabbing for 2 seconds will be worth the cost of the work put into a new CityCom, but more importantly I don't think it will be worth the cost of deleting a classic part of the game.

It does have kind of a sentimental value. :/
    The current citycom is clunky and horrible, a sandboxed browser would allow the GM's and possibly RP characters to inject dynamic content and relevant information into the game.

A lot of people have far less time to play with work, family etc as people have grown up with neocron, it would be great to be able to communicate in game without logging in.

There are a percentage of the community that use the forums on a regular bases, bringing the forums to the game would encourage more discussion and and more content, it may also encourage more bug reporting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12