für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default Equalize Fire Effect to Both Perspectives

At the moment, if you are in 1st Person Perspective, your screen is quite a flame if you burn.
    When you are in 3rd Person Perspective, your body burns, but your screen is not obstructed.

While I like that you get a visual identifier for being aflame, I think it shouldn't "favor" a perspective, either it should be reduced in 1st person perspective, or added in 3rd person perspective (or both)
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Because of this effect, I find myself switching to 3rd person if I wasn't already in 3rd person whenever I'm set on fire, I know its not high priority but it'd be great if the effect could be changed in first person so it doesn't obscure your vision so much.

I find it to be very difficult to concentrate when on fire. I would rather it wad just an icon in first person instead of the flames. Or maybe a flame border on my screen.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I agree with this, as an APU you can not accurately barrel accurately in 3rd person, without barrelling yourself. An example of this is in Regents boss room, you need to barrel in here, but as soon as the nightmare fires off his AoE, you cannot see in 1st person, yet barreling in 3rd person is risky.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I find it to be very difficult to concentrate when on fire. I would rather it wad just an icon in first person instead of the flames. Or maybe a flame border on my screen.
    I think having the burning just round the edges/border of the screen in first person as you suggested would be the best idea, as it still gives you that 'oh, crap I'm on fire' feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    I think having the burning just round the edges/border of the screen in first person as you suggested would be the best idea, as it still gives you that 'oh, crap I'm on fire' feeling.
    I've always wanted this too. It wouldn't even have to be a new fire graphic specifically made for the screen border, it could use the existing fire gfx, on 3 or so quads, rendered on your screen like so (awesome ms paint art)

would be a great improvement but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement

Anything would be better than the current situation in first person. Honestly, I'm all for a audible identifier and a buff in first person, flames on your body shouldn't light your eyeballs on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    I've always wanted this too. It wouldn't even have to be a new fire graphic specifically made for the screen border, it could use the existing fire gfx, on 3 or so quads, rendered on your screen like so (awesome ms paint art)

would be a great improvement but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement
    I want this. Not the existing fire. I want your screen to turn to this when you are on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Kell View Post
    I want this. Not the existing fire. I want your screen to turn to this when you are on fire!
    I second this.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Do this for poison as well, Izeo's graphic

Right! Please please please fix that annoying fire effect. Personally I think it's the most severe of all issues with NC2 and should take priority above anything else. I'm not even kidding.

5 stars. I feel like my eyes are being raped every time I go to Reagent's with my APU.