Default Implement a button to repeat mission

Hi.

There could be a button at the mission interface screen to take the last mission you've done again.

Epic idea!!!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Jesus, what a simple solution to one of the oldest problems; running the same mission over and over again often takes more time trying to find that mission than it does to kill/build/delivery the damn thing.

If I see you in-game, you sir are going to get sexed right in the face!

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Incredibly simple but excellent idea.

I'll just put myself down as someone else who supports this idea, really hope to see this in one of the patch notes someday.

this would make launcher cyclops missions worth doing! back on terra the citycom was near the first zone in at MB everyother server ive been on makes you go to the GR room.

This would make things so much better, but then you might as well as purge 70% of the missions. ones that never get used.

Thumbs up

pretty sure its there on titan too.

Awesome idea for repeat button. +1 here.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Best. Idea. Ever.

Devs pls implement this.

crap idea

devs pls dont implement this.

I'm sure someone will be shocked that I don't agree with this idea, but I agree with the issue, which is, in some areas, a CityCom is just too far away for it to be "worth it" to even do missions at all - ex: MB bunker.

However, if you can imagine it, this would actually be kind of "overpowered" for aggressor captain missions. Imagine you are a low-med level player, where killing aggressor captains takes about 20-30 seconds. Sometimes, while you are doing these missions, a high level player comes down and instagibs all the nearby captains, including the ones you were working on.

Now, the high level player was probably NOT doing that to be a jerk. He's doing a mission too, and, it's actually FASTER for the low levels, if a high level instagibs the captain that you have only killed 25% so far. But more importantly, it will be a very short period of time before the high level has killed his five targets, so he will soon leave to get another mission. This gives the low levels another chance to find new targets.

If you could imagine a high level player grinding captain missions in the sewer ... he would never have to leave the sewer. He would probably move from the 3 largest spawns - the 2nd captain spawn, the side room with captain spawn after that, and then the long hallway with 3 captains after that. This would be great for the person wanting to quickly grind, but potentially frustrating for newer players.

-

However, the problems still are:
    - CityCom locations are very far at some spots
    - "Download missions" time is long
    - Lots of missions that no one really takes, ever

Shortening the "download missions" is probably easier said than done. I'm sure it's laggy for a reason. Ever notice that with a heavy server load, sometimes three missions don't even load?

Removing the inferior missions, I feel is a better idea, for one part of the problem. Another thing would be to add a CityCom in places devoid of them. Having a CityCom outside every dungeon entrance or in high-volume level spots would be too cheesy (i.e. sticking a CityCom inside the MB bunker seems cheesy), but the fact that MB'ers have to pass through several zones to get to the CityCom near the GR is probably too far. I'm sure there could be a tiny comm station outside of MB, near the parked tanks, with a computer, or something like that.

To solve it put the repeat mission button on the city com? It's kinda a half way house, but stops having to spend sometimes up to 5 minutes looking for the mission you want.
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ancient View Post
    To solve it put the repeat mission button on the city com? It's kinda a half way house, but stops having to spend sometimes up to 5 minutes looking for the mission you want.
    Yeah, that would be a balanced and possibly relatively easy suggestion for the devs to implement.

A few more CityCom's and RNUplinks about would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient View Post
    That is true, but I think flat out removing some of the unused missions would almost fix the issue anyway (and I would assume that removing some missions would be easier than adding new functionality to HUD, maybe).

In other words, just removing the "Cleanup Operation/Population Control/Pest Exterminator/Regulators Wanted/etc" missions would be a good start. If you don't know, those missions require you to kill 20 mobs instead of 5, and you need to visit an NPC in the HQ beforehand, AND you don't know what the mob you need to kill is before talking to the NPC. So many bad points for those missions, and they give the same credits/XP as the "quickjob kill 5 things" missions.

Although, I wrote this thread earlier to both clear out some useless missions and 'combine' some kill missions. (Ultimate result = less missions overall, more chance of getting missions you want.)

When I first read the OP, I thought he meant a button on citycoms. I wouldn't mind having the button on the mission interface or on citycoms, either way its a huge improvement over what we nave now.

Better place citycoms and a reworking of the quick mission system would make things a lot smoother.

The random missions and downloading 'feature' is presumably intended to give the impression of jobs being posted by factions to the public runner boards as and when they are needed, though it can frustrate people.

At least splitting them into quick kill, tradeskill and other, and say 10 rather than 3 options would still retain the atmospheric intentions while making selecting the one you want a lot easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast