The question is, do we want the time to WoC from starting char to be the same, or just the over capping?

Assuming PEs gain xp at 80% (it was a figure I remember from years ago but I'm not sure how accurate it is) the rate of the other classes (factoring in ability to use higher TL weapons), then the former would simply be 80% of the total xp (206m xp) and the latter would be cap plus 80% of the over-cap (24+80=104m xp).

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    lot's of smart talk
    Very well thought out post, if not that calculation, then something very like it should be possible to use.

I agree that it would be impossible to take into account things like finding enemies, though I think those would be the same for pe's and spies, and as such equivalent and can be dismissed from the calculation.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

They call them common variables I think.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    The question is, do we want the time to WoC from starting char to be the same, or just the over capping?

Assuming PEs gain xp at 80% (it was a figure I remember from years ago but I'm not sure how accurate it is) the rate of the other classes (factoring in ability to use higher TL weapons), then the former would simply be 80% of the total xp (206m xp) and the latter would be cap plus 80% of the over-cap (24+80=104m xp).
    just read this (was posting my last psot while u posted that), and you actually bring up a good point, we are complaining about the PE reaching woc so long, but what about that it is faster to level a pe to cap than for other classes? if pe's are balanced to be effective without WOC, wouldn't that mean that the pe's are simply faster to be pvp ready?

I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but it is something worth considering.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Im crap at maths but deus youre saying that by your formula the pe takes almost twice as long to get to woc?
    I am not exactly sure what you are aiming at, so I'll answer both possibilities I see ;-)

1) If you mean that, if the formula is used for WOC XP of PEs he needs twice as long, then no. It should make it more or less even on the time scale (I reread my post and haven't found an error in the logic yet, but you never know). Of course the percentages and numbers would have to be the real ingame differences.

2) If you mean that at the moment the Pe takes twice as long, then i don't know that, since I don't know how if percentages and numbers are acurrate. If one believes it is a more ore less acceptable approximation at the moment (I am not sure about that), then the Pe would at the moment take about 40% longer to get to WOC XP.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Idk the numbers either but ill give another example. i wocced a spy with a healing light. it was fun and i got Alot of techs for the clan. it took about a week of just enjoying the character. with my pe had to locate two mc5 chips and rare chips to get the dex for a redeemer. its been over a month now and i still only have 206mil exp. the thought of another 52mil at the pe rate makes me not even want to see a redeemer ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Idk the numbers either but ill give another example. i wocced a spy with a healing light. it was fun and i got Alot of techs for the clan. it took about a week of just enjoying the character. with my pe had to locate two mc5 chips and rare chips to get the dex for a redeemer. its been over a month now and i still only have 206mil exp. the thought of another 52mil at the pe rate makes me not even want to see a redeemer ever again.
    you can woc mine if ya want

wocing PE is a pain in the ass. just thinking about it makes me hate my dex 80 pe

1. PE is getting much lesser XP than Spy on DEX
    2. PE needs to do more overcap than Spy on DEX

This means, we need to calculate:
    a Spy needs to overcap 63.7% of his cap XP (100 mio out of 157 mio)
    a PE gets only about 35% of the XP of a Spy in DEX.

Now we have some ways to be fair to the PE:

Use only 35% XP gain of the 100 mio overcap: 35 mio overcap.
    Increase the 35% xp gain to 100% and do 100 mio overcap.
    Use only the 63.7% of his cap to get woc: 25.5 mio overcap.
    Last edited by Satan2k2; 22-02-13 at 12:37.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Satan2k2 View Post
    1. PE is getting much lesser XP than Spy on DEX
    2. PE needs to do more overcap than Spy on DEX
    the real problem is not the overcap needed. the real problem is that PE pretty much sucks without WoC.

Maybe an idea to change the XP gain could happen. So as others said, currently the trouble is that with the low xp needed to hit your normal cap, then having to get so much before you can WOC it and getting that XP at a slower rate due to how many stats your group XP gets shared in to.
    I don't think I would agree that they should just have to get the X% above (I think its about 65%) additional xp overcap. However the 100mil overcap may also be to low as it means if you drone it solo you could get WOC on a PE before a Spy could cap.

An idea could be placing an NPC somewhere that PEs can use that changes their XP gain from being int/str/dex/psi in to just dex. This NPC or machine whatever you have it as is only able to be used 1 time and is not reversible. So once you commit to the path of WOC by going to the NPC in the WOC temple and saying you wish to follow the path, then you will gain the XP you need at the same rate as spys do. This could help solve the problem if it is a problem.

Dev's should really give statement on this. This is the reason i don't start PE. I don't like the idea, that i need to drone my self to woc, with POS drones and spend millions on drugs. Lowering the PE Woc xp requirement is the only option.
    It has to be lowered with % number. PE Should need bout 30M xp to woc on top of cap. Currently it needs over 200M exp and thats ridiculous.
    DEVS WE NEED STATEMENT, please
    Finnish Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by demonssword View Post
    However the 100mil overcap may also be to low as it means if you drone it solo you could get WOC on a PE before a Spy could cap.
    Huh? Based on what figures?

100m over cap for a PE is the simplest and fairest way to do things. Having an entirely new npc to change the XP gain system just for this one problem sounds just like NASA spending $30m designing pens that write upside down in space. I think I will play the Russians here and grab myself a pencil. Don't get me wrong I am all for new solutions but making something this complicated when the game is being coded by people on their days off is just silly.

Someone explain this to me please, I've never reached WOC level yet.

On a Spy you need 260M XP to get WOC.

On a PE you need 260M XP to get WOC.

Won't a Spy and PE reach the 260M in the same speed? Even though PE caps faster, they still reach 260M at the same time right?

It only feels longer because the cap is reached much faster?

reread the thread. It explains it there. Three pages ago.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    reread the thread. It explains it there. Three pages ago.
    Any input from the dev's on this? I'm curious to see what thoughts they have about it.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast