Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

Default [00730][R#176] Odd Mob AI Behavior

I noticed since #176 a weird change in Warbot behaviour.
    They mostly seem not up to a fight, just walking away when you shoot them.
    Seldom, they start to come closer, but mostly they just wander around.

Also, most of the time they just ignore you.
    A couple of times I aggroed a bot and then could run around his legs without him shooting me once.
    Then, after a few minutes, they change behaviour and start invisible shooting, as in you can't see them shoot and they don't change in shooting pose.

This goes for their beams as for their rockets.
    I also tried this in various sectors, so it's not a bugged zone.
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

NC For Free!

This might be related to the whole thing of people saying their shots are not working at times. But really it is but the server is not sending the Position of the mobs/characters properly to some clients.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

yes, pottburter, i also wondered about warbot behaviour. seems like their script has changed, so theyre even weaker. poor little bots. any official note on this? did you change mob Ai scripts, dear community programmers?

I Registers this to ist seems that this is A Problem with the Position relocation from Server to Client

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Patch 175 ruined some of the Wasteland monster's "a.i."

This happens to Fire MObs as well at times.

You'll shoot an NPC, but instead of walking to you, then away, then to you, then away, then dead, like they've been doing for 10 years, NPCs will now "Migrate" across the sector. They'll sometimes act normal, but sometimes, they'll ignore you and walk in a different direction.

Also, some NPCs will spawn, and just start migrating across the sector.

NPCs at the Bunker have been doing this since the game came out, but now other NPCs are doing this as well.

I've only noticed this behavior change in Fire Mobs, Warbots, Launchers, Spider bots, and other npcs near MB, so far.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

I have been hunting the ceres prototypes and they do the same thing.
    About half the time they walk straight towards the middle of the sector, then resume their normal behavior of walking back and forth.
    The other half they chase me like normal.

They never ignore me though, always shoot back when I'm in range.

Are you guys on hills when you are seeing these issues? With this patch, it looks to me like if you're higher up than the mobs, they cannot target you, they may occasionally shoot at you but it doesn't appear they can actually hit you unless they are on the same level. Also, if the mobs are far enough away from you but cannot target you, they do tend to run. It's always been in their AI, some mobs (Warbots, Hoverbots) will do it more often than others though and I'm sure there are some that won't. I always hated fighting Hoverbots because of this, if you try and fight them right at the max distance, where they can't target you, they will generally run all the way to the zone-line. Only way to bring them back is to get within targetable range, i.e., allow them to hit you, and then they will resume chasing you...

Also noticed in the Chaos Caves, while standing or crouching on the ledges, it doesn’t appear that mobs can target your body correctly unless you are hanging off the edge. I spent 2 weeks in there on my tank prior to the patch and would get hit on the ledges constantly. I would often have to run around a corner waiting for 7-10 stacks of poison to drop off, especially down long halls where several groups tend to congregate. Since the patch as long as you are on the first and second ledges up it appears impossible for the mobs to target you. If the ledge is too narrow however or if you are on the floor, it seemed they could target me as normal, so I think there is something major up with the line of sight or potentially a position issue.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Sorry, but none of that applies to the tests I have done...

The mobs that I listed are acting different than they did before 175.

I can just walk by a group of fire mobs, but instead of them attacking me, they'll migrate around the sector without ever attacking me.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

You are just that badass that they are afraid of you

*BURNER

Default [R#176] Mobs AI bugged in several zones?

i see alot zones where mobs do just run in one direction (east i think it was), when they get shot.
    Zones i checked it in: f13 + e12
    Also befor that error, the mobs are kinda sexy attracted by the crahn guy in f13.
    i miss ya, pheebz

They move to the reset point if they gain 'second hand' aggro. The mob you shoot will usually move towards you.

Very common in H_12.

I believe this is a neocron feature

Confirmed. Strange behaviour is new, i never witnessed it before.

*BURNER

Just to give you a real hint... f13 sector (gaia mine sector where u go for storm lasers + genotoxic mission). i shoot the mobs with my cannon and it starts walking to the east. No matter how often i shoot the mob: It is walking east untill i kill it or it does come back after about 4-5 minutes into my direction. When it will pass the crahn clothed guy, it will be kinda surrounding the guy and does make evul spots on his clothers.
    i miss ya, pheebz

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Noticed that behaviour too, with a pack of Launcher Cyclopses. I shot one, and a great pack startet to move east. Also must have happened before too, because I just had killed the whole bunch - and they were grouped in the east of their spot before.
    Only when I moved closer they came after me. And thats not really easy to do with all mobs.

Also regarding the same topic:
    In the northern seaside Sectors the enemies move north. always to the north. And sooner or later they walk out in the water and then are bobbing up and down there when you shoot at them. and if you have the wrong weapon (Fusion Rifle for example) you can't hit them when they are underwater. Laser is fine for it if i remember right. But the mobs stop moving out there and stop being a threat more or less.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire