Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Mc5 and rare imps....

Hello, I loged in tonight to see what Mc5 parts i could get. And yes as a droner knowing that mobs can still hit them i cared less was going try no matter.I found that are DEV/GM/QA team has again took base comander out...There is 1 place in game where people can farm MC5 parts..Did any you gms think about that maybe that why you have so many people whinneing about people..Heres a ideal for you start kicking people that cry about ever thing in game off for week i bet the hard core players will not whinne.Maybe instead trying kill dronering all togeather you may want fix chips we do have such and Marines imp...Maybe fix PEs so dont have to get 2 MC5 imps to use a xbow.I know you say thats next thing we going do..But you need it now..We run round in game for 2 days killing and haveing fun with you Gms and doing all we can to help you please help us and fix so we can get imps..

1.Make more places to farm mc5 parts...
    2.Blance the classes and look into melee weapons.
    3.voicus more on pvp and less on crying runners.
    4.Make high lvl dungens like only for pvp players.
    5.Makeing new weapons and such...

I hate spending hours and hours in game trying get some where and people who has not even been here playing to help you starting to run way you guys think.People in all games cry about something in less you instances like wow does so there only ones in there and no one else is you will have people always cryign about something.I dont want cheaters/exploiters and so on eather but in pve if there droneing who cares?You focusing on things thats not broke but i bet for you are done it will be.Now im drunk and pissed so forgive me for my spelling..GMS FIX IT PLEASE ty

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

umm, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyballz View Post
    Now im drunk and pissed so forgive me for my spelling..GMS FIX IT PLEASE ty

If there was a shred of credibility left in this thread it died at the above point.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Lol, somehow I kinda missed some of the drunk threads from the old days

NC For Free!

I'm sorry for my understanding most of us have played Neocron from the start and we suck at playing so we use drones and exploit. How else would you want us to play the game?

Also yes you can be angry at the bug but please fucking don't blame the Developers that are currently working on the game. Their not paid. They are people just like you and I and they do this on their spare time. This game is so buggy and the source code is so messy its amazing they actually were able to bring in such an impressive patch. I know most of you were like meh but what they did was actually something amazing and anyone here knows how bad the source code is knows they did a pretty damn fine job.

Also Neocron might not be here today if it was not for them... So don't whine till they have done dozens of patches and made 0 progress fixing something. At that point then you may whine. Besides that use the bug reports and offer ideas and suggestions in a tone that will not make me fly over there and smack you.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

The problem is not in illegitimate gameplay, but in a heavy bias for a single weapon category (drones) in some end game PvE areas.

We think that the MC5 should be among the toughest places to PvE in – not the walk in the park it still is for droners. To my understanding, this issue can only be properly addressed by removing bugs, a huge one was just fixed with NPCs now being able to target drones indoors, as well as tuning PvE balance alltogether. The latter is something that is much needed for all classes (and PvE areas / mobs for that matter) but it is also a big undertaking that will take time.

Altering a specific PvE area (MC5) to make teams more viable and solo droners less viable is something that can be done much quicker, so this is what I would expect to see happen soon (when its done).

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    The problem is not in illegitimate gameplay, but in a heavy bias for a single weapon category (drones) in some end game PvE areas.

We think that the MC5 should be among the toughest places to PvE in – not the walk in the park it still is for droners. To my understanding, this issue can only be properly addressed by removing bugs, a huge one was just fixed with NPCs now being able to target drones indoors, as well as tuning PvE balance alltogether. The latter is something that is much needed for all classes (and PvE areas / mobs for that matter) but it is also a big undertaking that will take time.

Altering a specific PvE area (MC5) to make teams more viable and solo droners less viable is something that can be done much quicker, so this is what I would expect to see happen soon (when its done).
    I posted this in another thread, but I think it's mostly relevant.

Why to people use drones to farm and why to they have LE's in...
    If a drone dies, it's mearly a pain as you get some Synaptic Impairment, but on the whole it's relatively low risk*, but can be expensive.

*only if you can hide your meat sack somewhere the mobs can't find it. And much more importantly you have your LE in, as you will usually always get ganked while droning when you have your LE out.

If you die on the other hand you have to respawn at a GR (somewhere that's open), and possibly need to re-implant.

Another reason for all the droners is the lack of AoE weapons for spies. If you're specced pistol you have a MiniRocket Pistol, but on the whole pistols are weak atm and don't spec it, which leaves rifle. Therein lies a problem, there is no AoE rifle weapons, so you can't effectively grind in an caves etc compared to if you just specced into droning and used an AoE drone.

And final reason I can think that there are so many droners (which will obviously have their LE in to prevent them getting ganked), is because mob damage is all over the place. Mostly mobs will easily 2 or 3 hit a spy, who has the right resists, belt, armor and nanites/psi up. This needs fixed/balanced, so it's possible to fight them, especially in a cave or somewhere with minimal places to try and dodge their attacks, made harder in that you will need direct line of sight to attack them as a rifle user.
    If you're a high level player against a high level mob you should have some kind of a chance to fight them straight up.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

What changed exactly between NC1 -> NC2, when a PPU/Tank team was practically the only way to MC5?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    What changed exactly between NC1 -> NC2, when a PPU/Tank team was practically the only way to MC5?
    I seem to remember it mostly being two hybrid monks lol

First MC5 incarnation had a massive glass wall that you could see through running the entire right hand side of the area where the Technician guy spawns. The technician did not spawn every run but you could "lure" him away from the AOE-using classes who would barrel/cannon the base of the wall furiously.

The community cried out that only the big clans could get the mc5 chips.

They changed it to remove said glass and then it was 1 tank and one ppu to start with that could manage it (just about). Some clans opted for 2 ppus (in case the tank died) and/or two tanks. Noone ever thought of using a droner because back then everything was all about tanks and ppus. Droners basically went to the Graves till cap.

One day somewhere along the line someone found out that drones were useful indoors because their hit boxes were difficult to target and thus the drone became infinitely more useful due to it not being able to take damage. That person used a PN drone on the base commander and bingo you could drop him in 2 drones (if you could barely reach PN drone requirements) and 1 if you were a really high level droner.

As this idea got transmitted through the community by sight or word of mouth soon it became the norm to do this.

If they put the glass back into mc5 then you would find other classes would potentially be able to go there. The problem is with Pve just being about how much of a beating you can take you kind of need tank/ppu in there due to the confines of the room.

If MC5 became something more like Regants or the Chaos Caves you would probably find that you could have all classes participating as the larger room means more runners can get in and means more people can potentially absorb a much smaller amount of damage in a given time. Therefore survivability goes up a lot.

Personally I think they need to not limit it to one guy in one place dropping one MC5 part. More guys need to stand a chance of dropping them in more places in the zone. So that way if you go to the main base commander and he is being fought already you can maybe go to one of his subordinates and level there instead with a reduced chance of getting a part or maybe a reduced difficulty.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

should be more then one area in that zone that spawns base commanders, change the other facility or add more of them in the same area... more MC5 labs; only commanders can drop mc5 part anyways.... just IMO

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I'm guessing due to him being 'the' commander then only one should be spawned at any given time, but more than a single building that he can spawn in I suppose helps prevent one team from trying to camp him.

Still don't think any mobs should be able to kill a capped player in a couple of shots but that's a whole other issue were on the whole PvE needs rebalancing to make that happen.

Well PVE should be rebalanced.
    Before a melee tank could kill warbots.
    All closeup classes could kill wb's and firemobs.
    Not anymore.
    Lower damage from mobs and instead lower droprate on rareparts(a bit).
    Would be alot more fun

Went there on a PPU with a tank friend before the BC was moved back outside and it seemed pretty balanced tbh. The problem isn't MC5, the problem is a single droner can solo just about anything in game, especially in-doors, with no or little risk of injury.

I agree with the team that this needs to be addressed but I implore you to consider having the BC spawn more often outside, if that's possible. I don't see drones having the same advantage outdoors, so I don't see why you wouldn't have the BC spawn as often as he would have indoors (after despawn and zone reset).

As far as drones go, that's a tough one, if you nerf too far then they become pointless.....might not be the best solution but what if the drone blows up the runner dies, i.e., the runner and the drone health pools are shared?

Make it like if a drone blow up an implant fly out and 30 % syn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast