Here are some incentives for removing your LE, since you seem to be over looking them... this really shouldnt have to be pointed out?

Joining a clan

Taking over outposts IS controlling the map/real estate shutting down GR's to good hunting areas, which they never even touch and are pretty much vacant.

Gaining outpost bonuses for various things, enjoying a three star combat rank (excluding tanks,they can hit it with le in)

Much easier con leveling due to the way exp calculations are calculated in pvp

I could continue, but i think most rational people will get the jest of it.................................................................................................. ......

ALSO the biggest one af all for you obviously, YOU CAN PVP! which you want and maybe some others dont?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I was under the impression all this ho-ha over LE'd players started over an LE'd droner farming MC5. Which isn't even an issue anymore due to the Base Commander spawn being moved outside.

Most efficient way to level a spy, drones. (mobs do far too much damage to take a single one on toe-to-toe, pistols are weak, rifles damage is all over the place and there is no AoE option, so drones it is)

Only possibly way to keep your meat sack save [read: alive] from being ganked while droning, keep your LE in. It's that simple.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I could continue, but i think most rational people will get the jest of it.................................................................................................. ......
    Talking about rational people in this community
    mmd
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Every post has some sort of flame in it... Really adds to the credibility and makes others see your point. Really does help. Keep at it champ.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You should probably just go back and read some of your previous posts then because me and my mates (ie the rest of the community who can read) just see an angry individual spouting bs whilst hiding behind his LE chip.
    Wrong. I am in the largest clan in Neocron currently and I PvP. I just don't Plaza 2 zone whore.

Since your assumption is wrong right off the bat, I'll just assume the rest of your post is filled with assumptions and conjectures, and I'll just skip it.

I thought you were a smarter poster than this, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Wrong. I am in the largest clan in Neocron currently and I PvP. I just don't Plaza 2 zone whore.
    So all this rage just comes from you being afraid you can't level your other accounts the safe way anymore ?

@Chuck Norris: You see the problem right? Since most people just use LE as a safe way to level up and pull it out as soon as they are cap, these incentives don't work for that part.

One solution would be to make LE global across your character on the same account. (But people would circumvent that with multiple accounts)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    So all this rage just comes from you being afraid you can't level your other accounts the safe way anymore ?
    It actually seems like all this rage comes from you not being able to grief low level runners while leveling.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    It actually seems like all this rage comes from you not being able to grief low level runners while leveling.
    Well of course. He can't actually kill anyone half his own level lol.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Oh wow. All this butthurt...

I am bored of this thread to be honest. It has served its purpose now in my eyes. The clever and thoughtful ideas and posts have dried up and whats left is just about enough for flamebait.

I think we have established that some players think there should be more benefit from not wearing an le and others disagree. It is now in the hands of the powers that be to decide if they agree with the people wanting changes or agree with the ones who think it is fine as it is. Personally right now I think that there are much larger issues to work on regardless of which side of the fence you belong on.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I am bored of this thread to be honest. It has served its purpose now in my eyes. The clever and thoughtful ideas and posts have dried up and whats left is just about enough for flamebait.

I think we have established that some players think there should be more benefit from not wearing an le and others disagree. It is now in the hands of the powers that be to decide if they agree with the people wanting changes or agree with the ones who think it is fine as it is. Personally right now I think that there are much larger issues to work on regardless of which side of the fence you belong on.
    This +1

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    This +1
    Are you not able to make a proper post with some substance ?

NC For Free!

Very true. Like removing Droners should be the first task!
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I love how to you, only you and your mates are the community.... fuck everyone else right?

Im still not understanding your issue with LE's, you want more incentive for players not to use them? it is in fact the opposite they leave it in so they do have to deal with jerkies like yourself and your mates.

Not everyone plays in the same time zone you cant box everyone in to what you want for your entertainment.

Im still not understanding, this new found needs to remove LE's or their functionality all of the sudden, what suddenly changed?

There are incentive to remove your LE and there incentive to leave your LE in, depends on the characters priorities and not yours as it should be.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Here we go. Gotta keep this in the rules and try and do some education at the same time.

The "you are the only other intelligent poster" comment implies one thing. Forget my name and you are intelligent. everyone else is not. Where do you derive "me and my mates" from that one.

Ok 2nd thing. About LE. I have said this countless times. I fully support the xp buff for people removing LE. Give an incentive to the ones who want it as it will be clear who does and doesn't. don't punish a runner for keeping it in however as this would hurt. In economics its called an opportunity cost. The community has evolved over the last few years from the old days of the LE basically being discarded at birth to now where you use it (hide behind it in some peoples eyes) to hit woc. then it comes out. its sad its gone to such an extreme but this is my personal view. (I haven't figured out who all my mates are yet so i cant ask them)

Timezones. LOL! Great comment. Im on the quietest time zone of all. Its currently 11 hours ahead of the UK and 10 hours ahead of europe. My forum location tells you where i live. I play when i can and sometimes its the deadest time of all between the time most of the US goes to bed and before the early risers in europe wake up. The server doesnt get much quieter than that. So what was the point your making there?

If its that people keep the LE in to avoid getting ganked and so can level in peace when there are no traders on to get poked etc yes i agree. I also keep my LE in on 2 chars currently of 5 which allows me some semblance of peace when i level also. I play both ways in that sense. Cant really think of what other point you were trying to make but im guessing its along those lines.

If your still not understanding why the suggestions over LE removal then its gonna be a bitch to explain it to you now. There are plenty. Im pretty sure i have even seen you post suggestions in other threads that actually explain what these benefits are but it could be someone else with a chuck norris avatar. I dont cross quote as i believe its against the rules.

Last paragraph. As mentioned in the above para. you clearly know what the incentives are now in full on contradiction mode here but ok. Currently it seems that a majority of the population hide behind the LE at times (not saying all people all the time. I leave sweeping generalisations to Forget my name. Hes much better at it) and also do NOT see the so called "benefits" of removing it compared to keeping it in. Neither do I so i also keep mine in.

which is why i say offer something to the people who want to remove it early on. Who want to engage in pvp at lower levels. Who are not in the wow mindset of MUST LEVEL TO WOC AS CANNOT FIGHT WITHOUT AK!!! as truthfully thats one way of looking at what this game has become. Grind to endgame without pvp, then remove le and then go to p2 and fight. I think the benefits derived from keeping the LE in far outweigh any that can be derived from removing it.

That my friends is not to me what neocron is all about.

(I removed mine off my guys early on on the ones i felt it appropriate. the two that have em in are droners but im close to pulling one out even now. i have had enough of it)

on a final note. I may not be worthy of having an intelligent conversation with old bean but i clearly have proved i am capable of it. You on the other hand continue to spout contradictory crap and rhetoric like a politician. If i was placed on ignore then you wouldnt be able to read what i write. I think the idiots hall of fame just got its class president for the class of 2012.

When you stray from the pathetic insults and get over your bitterness towards me AND get a fuckin clue about intelligent discussion and how not to make yourself look like a fuckwit we can talk properly.

Still dont want us to be clan mates though.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The answer is really quite simple, to satisfy both sides of the coin, pvp and pve.

1) Incentivize the removal of the LE per the old benefits. I.E. chip space, low xp gain. Other benefits could be discussed.
    2) endgame content = no LE but LE is repokable (personally, I never understood the finality of removing the LE, with it being repokable you'd have more people participating in pvp that arent pvp centric players. If they are worried about exploit, make it pokable only by NPC in a city center and have a cooldown timer of a certain length to prevent instant poke and play)

The LE is what keeps the population up as most pure PVP games do not see a large following. I remember the Military Base and pepper park wars, everyone running back and forth across safe zones, that is the same as having an LE poked back in, but without any cooldown nor ability for retribution.

There have been many good ideas here in this thread so keep it going.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast