NC For Free!

Sorry Guys, I kind of mainly only wanted to start the debate. You guys been more active. My only point I guess is it seems fair that so many people can farm the best stuff in the game with 0 risks or at least near that. I feel that it be better to encourage taking your LE out. I my self will probably never engage in PVP. And yet I feel that if I can farm say MC5 rares day and night as a droner and no risk well jesus thats pretty fracked up hehe.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I guess -10% Exp gain or something like it was back in NC1 might 'possibly' be the way to go.
    However I fear that would hurt trade skillers a lot.

Greens attacking Greens in leveling areas is an issue, and is something that needs to be balanced, through soul light or something else.
    Allowing them to only be able to walk about Pepper Park (faction guards protecting the PP zones maybe) but not the inner city zones or Copbots will KoS. (real, powerful copbots, strength of a Y trooper bot etc).
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

I think many, including myself, keep the LE in as long as possible while leveling as a result of the few practising retarded ganking.
    When leveled up, it's usually another story.
    There were once talks about making the quickbelt impossible to hack if the wearer had 100 SL or even make 100 SL runners not drop it in the first place. Is this a viable solution? I remember keeping 100 SL wasn't easy in the first place if you are PVPing, but if you are PvE only it would offer some "protection" while you are still subject to being killed (if you're being an asshat blocking spawns etc). Haven't reflected much on that however, so it might not be a good option.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    I guess -10% Exp gain or something like it was back in NC1 might 'possibly' be the way to go.
    However I fear that would hurt trade skillers a lot.

Greens attacking Greens in leveling areas is an issue, and is something that needs to be balanced, through soul light or something else.
    Allowing them to only be able to walk about Pepper Park (faction guards protecting the PP zones maybe) but not the inner city zones or Copbots will KoS. (real, powerful copbots, strength of a Y trooper bot etc).
    I don't even know wtf is going on in Neocron? Why the hell places like Plaza 2 allowing pvp... The whole plaza system was suppose to be weapon locked and protected. Also Why are there people who are red to our faction just chilling inside of Plaza 1? I hate to say it but they don't belong their even if their standing is high with us their faction is not. We are at war with them and yet their fucking chilling in our chairs....

I will admit there is some really crazy stuff going on not even PVP wise but lore wise that's just really strange.

Weapons lock should be the way to go through the plaza system anyways. Any enemy factions should be kill on sight no matter what their SL is at.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    I think many, including myself, keep the LE in as long as possible while leveling as a result of the few practising retarded ganking.
    When leveled up, it's usually another story.
    There were once talks about making the quickbelt impossible to hack if the wearer had 100 SL or even make 100 SL runners not drop it in the first place. Is this a viable solution? I remember keeping 100 SL wasn't easy in the first place if you are PVPing, but if you are PvE only it would offer some "protection" while you are still subject to being killed (if you're being an asshat blocking spawns etc). Haven't reflected much on that however, so it might not be a good option.

I like how you think though I think some the pvpers would be pretty upset though. I think a lot of people like to grief pvp. If they are getting next to no rewards then they might actually stop pvping hehe. Not saying that it will not be harder for them to keep their SL higher but I could see them being upset by it more..

But maybe we need to offer pvpers more in this game? We have outposts right now. Maybe outposts need to offer something a bit more rewarding?

Maybe also some other kind of system even if its just stat based via a site or some kind of random points around the world that turns into say Free for all pvp and attracts pvpers and gives them a fun little reward. IDK I'm running out of ideas hehe.

Yeah I understand that even the griefers need their rewards as well (in any shape or form they might come in) in a fully functional sandbox.
    When leveled up getting griefed is one thing, but while leveling it can really put you off, especially in NC where you have only those set places to go really to level properly.

EDIT: If you start limiting things in the wrong way you obviously stray farther away from the sandbox. I can understand the extreme difficulty in offering an "option" (e.g. the SL and quickbelts)as a solution to something.
    Last edited by phunqe; 03-12-12 at 14:53.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe View Post
    Yeah I understand that even the griefers need their rewards as well.
    When leveled up getting griefed is one thing, but while leveling it can really put you off, especially in NC where you have only those set places to go really to level properly.
    Yeah, I really think cities should be balanced.. Entering a City like Neocron and being Anti City would be pretty much slitting your own throat. Then from there NPCD can see stealth and maybe better yet they can be stationed without moving like they stand and guard their location.

To many people been dragging them off like pets and breaking them lol

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Not mentioning names but currently there are people in nc who attack their own faction - let alone just red ganking. Whilst this stuff goes on there is no incentive to remove the le.
    I agree with William here.

Story time.. and this is mainly a response to the title of the this thread.

Back in NC1, on Pluto, I played an H-C tank. It was a one-slot server and I didn't have any other accounts, so no alts. My friend played a PE. Back then - we were 14-15 years old - we had the same view as some people now have about players who keep their LE in. If we ever saw someone who was level 30 or above, out in the wasteland, hunting Warbots, with their LE in, we sighed in disgust, "Awww whhaaat look at this LEVEL THIRTY with his LE in.. what a faaaag..!!"

Some years passed of me playing Neocron on and off. I left and came back, over the years, before NC2. My friend had stopped playing. As this time had passed, I had been ganked numerous times, sometimes by people who were hostile, sometimes neutral, and sometimes allied. I was never in a clan, so I was never "waging war" on anyone. In fact, since I was getting ganked by EVERYONE I had no one to be fucking angry at. I couldn't just be like, "Ah, fucking Black Dragons! Fuck them! I should kill the next BD I see!" No, I couldn't say that, because ANYONE would gank me, if they were just like that, mentally, as a player. One day, I swear, I was ganked by three different people, three different times. In the same day.

And I'd fucking had it. I went to MB, and killed the first red I saw. Guess how I felt? Good? In control? Yeah! I've been taking everyone's shit for so long, and now it's MY TURN! Right? Right?

No. I felt fucking horrible. It was some defenseless spy who was just trying to level by himself. He didn't even shoot me once. He just kept running away, looking back, running, looking back, running, dead.

So I'm a carebear amirite? I must just love everyone, hate violence, and watch "My Little Pony", tbh?

No man. I love PVP in _ SITUATIONS _ WHEN _ IT _ IS _ FAIR _, which to me, shows a lot more courage, honor, and skill than getting the jump on someone you know you will win against before the "fight" even starts. Counter-strike is fair. League of Legends is fair (everyone starts at level 1, at the same time). PlanetSide is fair. L4D versus is fair. Street Fighter is fair. Super Smash Bros is fair. I realize none of those are MMOs, but you must understand the unfairness of being a level /30 and being engaged by a player who:
    1.) Does more damage than you
    2.) Absorbs more damage than you
    3.) Runs faster than you
    4.) Is ready/equipped for PVP

So I've heard this one before: "Well it's a harsh, intense, unforgiving post-apocalyptic world out there. If you go out on your own unprepared and new, and get stomped by a wasteland-roaming clan of badass dudes on hovertechs, then that's just TOO BAD man!" Yeah, it is. And that's why there's the LE, for people who don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I don't even know wtf is going on in Neocron? Why the hell places like Plaza 2 allowing pvp... The whole plaza system was suppose to be weapon locked and protected. Also Why are there people who are red to our faction just chilling inside of Plaza 1? I hate to say it but they don't belong their even if their standing is high with us their faction is not. We are at war with them and yet their fucking chilling in our chairs....

I will admit there is some really crazy stuff going on not even PVP wise but lore wise that's just really strange.

Weapons lock should be the way to go through the plaza system anyways. Any enemy factions should be kill on sight no matter what their SL is at.
    Enough with this already. This is not a red vs blue game, and people simply need a trading/chilling safezone hub. Used to be TH, used to be MB, used to be ...

This seems to follow the current quick pvp zoneline, as it most likely always will.

As for hunting grounds, we simply need to be allowed to compete for the best spots. Having LEd runners monopolising a cave, for instance, is bad for the game. Certain high lv areas, like MC5, should be no LE only.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

I am just going to copy paste this in every "Neocron is a PvP only game" thread I see.

We've had this discussion before, in 2002. Reakktor GAVE us servers with less safe zones and gave us a server with NO safe zones. How did it turn out? 90% OF THE PLAYER BASE LEFT EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. After a few weeks of play.

NEOCRON REQUIRES PLAYERS TO TRADESKILL AND LEVEL FOR PVP TO HAPPEN.

And the only way to do both of those "within a decent amount of time" is wearing your LE.

Once again, this has been done before on multiple servers, and every time all you hardcore PvPers just up and left to go play Planetside and WoW with the first few weeks.

Neocron will have safe zones (it should have more than it has now actually) and it will always have the LE chip so players can, you know, actually play the game.
    Last edited by Forget My Name; 03-12-12 at 16:57.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    The "simple" solution would be: Make it hard to get your soullight back, then the drops of the aggressors will manage to balance that out very fast
    The problem is that SL and symp essentially mean nothing aside from copbots. If GR fees, item prices and other aspects of them game gave a meaningful consequence to being a dick, then we might be able to look at the LE more.

That said I'm not in favour of forced removal or overly penalising people for using it.

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Certain high lv areas, like MC5, should be no LE only.
    This is a very good idea,really.I've read Hoder saying something like "the MC5 could be the most fought for zone in the game" or something close to that.Make it non-LE only and baziing,you just made it happen
    Inspector Mittens

there are a lot of problems in this game that need to addressed; this is not one of them... this is about grievers having a lack of of easy kills.... I mean common; "why arent there more low and mid lvls without LE'S" ..

There are already penalties for LE's no clans, nor 4th cpu/no three star combat rank, no cross teaming with pvpers and a few other things.. this is a moot discussion started by trolls looking for more victims

I think some people in this thread are mixing PvPers with griefers. A griefer will come to a levelling spot and attempt to pk anyone not wearing an LE.

A Pvper will go to an op and hack it and wait for the defending clan to turn up for a fight.

There is a difference.

Izeo as for your post I had to laugh. Fuck that spy man, he should know its a cold cyberpunk world out there...

But seriously I agree. Fair fights are the way forward. Organised PVP within the context of a little RP and some reasonably balanced teams is much more fun than getting WOC on your tank and burning a level 40 apu down with your devourer - as happened to me recently.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I think some people in this thread are mixing PvPers with griefers. A griefer will come to a levelling spot and attempt to pk anyone not wearing an LE.

A Pvper will go to an op and hack it and wait for the defending clan to turn up for a fight.

There is a difference.
    From my experiences they are one in the same most of the time, in fact many times they say "well i guess you should have had your LE in if you didnt want us to kill you in a leveling spot" .

Not like PVPers will always have others on to op fight with

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast