Default Fix all the unbalanced mobs that are too strong for their CRs

Ever since 2.2 there have been several mobs that are way too strong for their CRs, it seems like someone forgot to look at these mob's stats when neocron 2.2 was being coded. I've been hunting firemobs today so I'll just list some of those, I'm sure there's a few others so please post them here if you know of any mobs that are clearly too strong for their CR.

Hopper 68/68

Mauler 64/64

The Mauler is especially overpowered, it does more damage than every firemob except for Grim Persecutors, and Persecutors are believed to have bugged damage. The Mauler definitely does more damage than Grim Chasers who are around CR 120. Strangely enough the Mauler has very low health and died in about 4 bursts of my SF Plasma Wave. This makes it even more likely that their damage wasn't intended to be this high. Maybe someone accidentally typed an extra 0?

How you fix these is up to you, you can simply tone down their damage or raise their CRs appropriately.

I know PvE has alot more problems than this but these should be the easiest to fix, I think its worth spending 10 minutes going through the code and changing 3-10 numbers now rather than trying to make a big all in one PvE improving patch.
    Last edited by hatmankh; 02-12-12 at 14:59.

Doesn't CR take into account health and armour? If so that'll be why it so low. Kinda like an APU, high damage, low health.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

The hopper is more well rounded but it still does too much damage for its CR, I highly doubt these mobs were made this way on purpose, I strongly suspect a mistake was made here such as someone forgetting to look at these mobs when they were balancing the others, or maybe just a typo like I joked about the extra 0.

If the mobs really are intended to be this way then I think Maulers at least should get their CR raised, I know they die really fast but despite that they're still more dangerous than enemies that are twice their CR.

the damage needs tweaking and adjusting accordingly. Lots of bits are broken in pve. they called it 2.2. Im happy to see the first patch has now settled down on the server and look forward to changes to come

Hoppers need the nerf though, for definite. Also the Y commanders ceres troopers could do with having lower combat ranks or damage out put considering how hard they hit and their numbers in terms of how close they are to each other. Also grim persecutor. The "invisible damage" issue could do with being looked at.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Doesn't CR take into account health and armour? If so that'll be why it so low. Kinda like an APU, high damage, low health.
    Combat rank for mobs is just allocated, not calculated.

Anyway, the problem I've noticed since 2.2 seems to be with mob DoTs. A lot of mobs with DoTs do damage that is just frankly insane for their level. From the DoY bots on the WoC gun mission in DoY, through Crystal and Swamp caves, to the DoT firemobs (hopper series, mauler series), all the DoTs seem to do the damage they should do over the entire DoT lifetime per tick. There may well be other issues too, but that seems the most obvious one.

That DoT issue is causing entire sectors to never be visited, people often complain about the chaos caves and el farid being a clusterfuck, some have even asked for dungeon instancing. Neocron is bigger than just aggies, mb bunker, regants, el farid, chaos caves and P2 PvP. The sooner we can get the rest of the levelling spots viable again, the better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really optimistic about Neocron's future after the recent patch, I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't. We've seen some nasty exploits fixed, Neocron 2.2 is more stable than its ever been and the clipping problems have been significantly reduced.

Lets keep this momentum going, try and remember any issues that have been with us for years, that we've resigned ourselves to and accepted as a part of Neocron we have to live with, I'm glad you brought the DoT up Cmaster because for me that's a perfect example of this, I hadn't even thought of it until you brought it up because it's been that way for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Debatable.

Spiderbots are the same. Since 2.2 theyve been somewhat overpowered. However I firmly believe that they will fix all of this soon. For now let's keep reporting it. If the last patch is anything to go by then let's keep the faith.

P.s I think Combat Ranks for mobs are just set up to mirror overall rank and have no real bearing on anything. Player combat rank seems to be matched to mob overall rank and the mob combat rank is there for the sake of completeness. I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 02-12-12 at 19:46.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The problem with the hoppers is not so much the dmg per tick, but the lump dmg when the stack starts. I can almost outheal several stacks, but each one takes about 100hp at the beginning.

Is it possible that Hopper DOTs stack higher than others? I think I remember 8 Fire-Stacks at once on me. I never had that with other firemobs. Maybe because you'd die before that but that's why I am asking you guys.

probably the cast frequency for a hopper. I got to 13 and survived but that was a very close call. The dot hurts. All dots do. its another issue that needs looking at.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

NC For Free!

I Agree mob balance is something Id like to see before Class/PVP Balance. It gives a good practice and PVP/Class Balance is going to take a long long time hehe.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

OT: why can mobs stack, but APU's can no longer?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I think all mobs seem to do far too much initial damage and most too much per hit/attack afterwards.

ya even low level DoT's can be fatal something is definitely wrong with them; although all the dots in regents seem on par from the gentoxic nightmare (fire) and contamination (poison)