Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Patch R#175 Timeline

After many weeks of hard work preparing the new patch, we are finally getting there. Release Candidate 2 has now been been pushed to Vedeena for testing and the feedback up until now concerning previous patches has been pretty encouraging. However, our testing and QA team is much too small to do the one last and final test. A stress test.

With that said you may ask what our plans are to carry out that last and final test? First of all, we will make a thorough backup of Titan's current state (current meaning patching day). Everything will be backed up! Afterwards the required technology upgrades will be made. Finally, the patch will be deployed and Titan will be opened up again. However, the first two days will be officially flagged as a testing period.

This testing period means, that should something go terribly wrong we can perform a rollback (to the prepatch state) so we can restore the Neocron service. Nevertheless, we encourage players to continue playing as normal and follow their every day life, while we monitor the situation in the background to ensure everything is alright. Obviously we hope everything will go smoothly and after those two days, the testing status will be revoked and there will be no rollback.

Will there be any compensation if XYZ happens? For sure! You will eventually be compensated with a fully functional patch fixing things and not breaking them!

When is this going to happen? Wednesday 28th November 2012, at around 1800 UTC/GMT (1900 CET). We appreciate this window of downtime is not ideally placed but this process will take a few hours which a number of us need to schedule outside of our normal day jobs. Should all go well this will position us for a strong weekend with the patch we have been so eager to deliver since getting the keys to Neocron a number of months ago.

We hope you understand the requirement for this scale of testing, we really do appreciate your patience and co-operation during the rollout

Sincerely,
    Your Neocron Support Team
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Wow. Just wow. Thank you. So keen to play now.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

great,

the newest/actuall patchnotes for this patch tomorrow?
    SWAT Hooo...lange ist es her.

Chars:
    Hammer (PPU), Brian Szardak (TANK), Boon (PE), Butsch (APU), Amboss (support) , Mrs Amboss (Support), Niemand (Spy)

Will there be any compensation if XYZ happens? For sure! You will eventually be compensated with a fully functional patch fixing things and not breaking them!

Really looking forward to this, keep up the excellent work.

Thank you all!

Holy Crahn, this is effin great! Can't wait to play a new patch on retail, after all these years !

Thanks for letting us know about the 2 day 'Testing Period', sounds like a very sensible way of doing it...

Cant wait for the new patch
    "Without change something deep within us sleeps: The sleeper must awaken"

Awesome progress guys! Looking forward to this

thanks for all the hard work do far and the continued dedication to our beloved NC

Closed - Until Further Notice

I hope you put a message into the launcher so you can get to the ppl that don't check the forum.

(If ppl still miss the news its their own fault.)
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Can I level up tomorrow with no fear of a server role back?
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    What is with the PPU spells plz fix it first ...

Up until we take Titan offline to back everything up, things will continue as normal. Once Titan comes back online after patching the answer is that we hope so but cannot 100% guarantee there will be no issues. Hence the declared testing period of two days.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Two days of pure pvp then....
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

So this patch is coming out then?

Better call Satan and tell him it's gonna get frosty...
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

So this patch is coming out then?

Better call Satan and tell him it's gonna get frosty...
    Better still I am gonna make a fortune buying grandmothers on the cheap!

But seriously though.

Can I ask? Does this mean that there will be no nc tomorrow night whilst patching? and then thursday and friday it should be back up and working at some point? Did I read that correctly?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast