Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default revive tech haven

tech haven once was the homeplace of Fallen Angels, but now its deserted. what happened? TH took a blow with nc 2.0 bdoy, when all FA activity moved to the dome. but when the dome became obsolete, FA HQ moved back to TH, starter Apps went to OZ station and TH now still is a mere shadow of its former glory.

while both the Military Base and the Canyon are fully functional, TH needs some improvements:

- move starter apps back to TH, leaving the jones quest locations in NC, so it would be slightly harder for FA starters (same for TG and CM)
    - bring in shops for all goods needed, theres plenty of space in central TH 2. fists would supply armour and weapons like in the canyon, the crytons and medi range of stuff is already there (except datcubes!), theres even empty space like pictured above for furniture and flowers.

i believe these changes could be performed in neglegible work time, but would add greatly to the atmosphere of neocron.

Agree

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Im sure they are gonna do this. They already added the old Drone Race Track so i suppose traders comes next.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Yeah i think starter locations should be in TH and TG canyon for corresponding factions again, there used to be a warning for new players that those were "hardcore" to start off with.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

no one plays fa. that would help for starters.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Can we have the OLD FA clan apts back? I love Tech Haven. I remember how awesome it was to explore for the first time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beta 4:Alex Thompsun - Melee Tank

NC1:
    Uranus:Silent W - Rifle Spy(Underworld - TT)
    Saturn:Captain Morgan - PPU (NeG32 - Crahn)

NC2:
    Terra: Dubzilla - Rifle Spy - (Clan Xero - TG)
    Titan: Warbot Cola - Research // Captain Morgan - HC Tank // Jack Nicholson - Rifle PE

- Mature, experienced player looking for a trustworthy clan for PvP and hunting.

@thewarbot on Twitter

Why not implement a tradeskiller bonus in one of the zones for friendlies of FA? Or would that detract from taking ops?

I'd say not, as who takes an op for the bonus?

This fits well with the tech haven theme too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    That's the problem on my side:

What drew me to TH in the past (around 2004/2005. Yes, this forum acc is a new one) were not the NPC traders but the Player-Traders. The DOY-Player-Traders to be precise.
    In the past those were not able to walk around in Plaza 1 as if this was the most normal thing in the world. So the only reasonable safe place to meet up with enemy faction traders was TH. It served as some kind of neutral trading ground for everyone. It was kinda taboo to do this as an CA player (RP-wise) but in most cases it was better to be frowned on than being ambushed in a fake trade agreement in the Wastelands.

So I think the reasons for the death of TH go deeper than just NPC-Traders.
    It's about safe-zones like in Plaza 1. It's about the fact that COPBOTs don't care about Anti-NC faction players. It's about the fact that COPBOTs took over security in Pepper Park. It's about COPBOTs having no freeze and low damage nowadays.
    This list could be expanded with a lot more facts.

So fixing TH is not about adding one feature but about re-introducing old game mechanics that made it necessary in the first place.
    Faction relations are kinda broken nowadays. Apart from epics and FSM it is really unimportant to whom you belong. By re-introducing old advantages and disadvantages of being in a certain faction (like being attacked by guards in certain areas other than HQs) you would not only fix TH but a lot more about Neocron in general.

I hope this was not too confusing because of my bad English.
    Amazing post, this is how the game should be again! As if a revolt faction such as TG can stroll around p1 plotting to overthrow the government.

Restore factions, patrols etc to as it was in NC1. Make TG hav apps in canyon, FA in TH etc.

I like the idea of bringing back the old TH -- in NC1 my main (well the only one I played) was a Fallen Angel and I loved having TH as my home. I loved the apartments too, so much.

Regarding moving the apartments, however.. this is just an idea but..

It might not be totally possible to hard-code this anyway, but, if TH starter location is indeed moved back to Tech Haven, would it be very difficult to write one "Mr. Jones type quest" specific to Tech Haven? Just one quest -- no matter what profession you choose, you get the same quest. There could be a techy guy or robo-looking-NPC (like a Cyberguard or Sentinel that talks to you, in the same place - in your apartment elevator). The quest is always the same for any profession, BUT, at the end of the quest he says something like, "Thank you for playing your part etc etc, the Fallen Angels greatly appreciate your assistance etc etc... This should help you in your chosen profession." and he gives you the same exact reward(s) you'd get from Mr. Jones, specific to your profession. So if you picked Driver you'd still get the same Quad Key and if you picked Researcher you'd still get the TL-90 research tool.

The only catch with this is the mission would have to be a bit balanced for difficulty, i.e., if you pick Field Medic you might have a hard time killing 4 NPCs with guns that spawn.
    Last edited by Izeo; 19-11-12 at 17:06.