Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I played on Terra and if you didnt have your le in you got shot, regardless of faction/rank or anything else in the game. It was open season for everyone on everyone else.

So yeah it might have been all civilized on mars but terra was a different story. Plaza 1 looked like the OK Corral some days.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Well that sounds like no fun at all. Interesting how different the situation on every server was like.
    I am willing to scratch the "P1 non-safezone part" even though I think it was an important reason for TH but I stay with all other suggestions I made in the other posts. Something has to happen faction wise and it has to matter what faction you are in in your daily Neocron life. Being shot by guards when you move into enemy territory is just one detail of many.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I played on Terra and if you didnt have your le in you got shot, regardless of faction/rank or anything else in the game. It was open season for everyone on everyone else.

So yeah it might have been all civilized on mars but terra was a different story. Plaza 1 looked like the OK Corral some days.
    Absolutely right! Whatever you had in NC1, since NC2 there is i suppose on all servers more gank/pvp than rp. There is/was no difference between Mars and Terra. A safezone should be necessary to ensure trading at certain places.

NC For Free!

This is a must to bring back TH days! Also please add a bit of a story to it too. Don't just do it over night
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

What Tech Haven had, was Fallen Angels. And many of those had - and have - a strong feeling for their faction. Thats what made Tech Haven a place were players cooperated, and when they decided to cooperate to make a save trade hub for everyone - they came. Those that wanted to trade, those that wanted to see, and those that wanted to disturb.
    It made nice action all around, I still remember the time I first shot at some annoyer with a TL < 30 Weapon and was proud to be apart.

But for that to come back, it would mean to take something away in other places, as was mentioned already - as long as everyone can trade on plaza 1, there is no reason to trade elsewhere.
    I am FA to the core, I love Tech Haven, but I am not sure taking something away that is norm now is the right thing to do. On the other hand it could be, but who knows.

So in reality only one thing can be done for Tech Haven, I think - let the Angels live (and start) there, and let it be a place were one can live - meaning you can get the most necessary supplies (Ammunitions, Medical Supplies, Basic Implants, Basic Weapons & Armor, Leveling Places) there. [I can't remember at the moment which of those are already there, and I can't go and look it up ;-)]
    The Rest is up to the Angels, they either make it or they go to Plaza 1 - their choice.

P.S. - One possibility for Plaza 1 to be nonsave but still quite protected would be for it having the right sector dedication - e.g. Like a dungeon sector, no matter who you kill you loose soullight, but depending who exactly it is more or less (But that would only work if getting SL up is not a trivila matter). But thats just some lose thought, haven't really thought it through.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

NC For Free!

Yeah I do agree with you that it might take away some the players from plaza 1 or no one would bother using TH. But then again maybe it should be our job to bring in new players. The game is free. Its our jobs as the players to go find new players and bring them in but also teach them.

There is a lot of people out there looking for a game like NC and char 2 shits about what the graphics look like. We just need to find them!
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

TH is boring no matter what, would love to see a populated canyon though.

All thats needed is to remove safezones everywhere, and let copbots/guards in general shoot at everything red. that should keep TG and PP factions mostly away from plaza in general, but raiding stays possible.

Quote Originally Posted by löffel View Post
    TH is boring no matter what, would love to see a populated canyon though.

All thats needed is to remove safezones everywhere, and let copbots/guards in general shoot at everything red. that should keep TG and PP factions mostly away from plaza in general, but raiding stays possible.
    Tried that already. The community cried out over it and P1 stayed safe again. All this suggestion would do is give people even more incentive to keep the LE in.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC For Free!

Yup exactly will. If we bring back few more sz. Then more will take their me out food sure. Right now the first min this game is PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by DR REED View Post
    There is/was no difference between Mars and Terra. A safezone should be necessary to ensure trading at certain places.
    It definitely was not. We had tons of AFK runners on Mars chillin'. Nothing happened to them.
    I really don't know what might have happened towards the end of the first Neocron 2 era but around 2004-2006 Plaza 1 on Mars was one of the safest "no-safezone" in the game.

I agree that the current playerbase is nowhere near as to maintain a civilized P1 but in the past it worked great and I don't want this perversion of the past to stand uncommented.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    It definitely was not. We had tons of AFK runners on Mars chillin'. Nothing happened to them.
    I really don't know what might have happened towards the end of the first Neocron 2 era but around 2004-2006 Plaza 1 on Mars was one of the safest "no-safezone" in the game.

I agree that the current playerbase is nowhere near as to maintain a civilized P1 but in the past it worked great and I don't want this perversion of the past to stand uncommented.
    Purely a guess, but I would say that it was probably because of low population. You kill what you can get to kill. Tradeskiller or pure pvp character - doesnt matter.
    I have personally killed a TON of tradeskillers.. If I have been online for more than one hour without seeing anyone to kill, I will kill anyone above */30..
    You know.. More than an hour without being an asshole.. Thats just a problem for me
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post

Anytime you get large numbers of people together in a non-safezone you will eventually get pvp to break out, it's just the nature of the NC playerbase. Back when NC2 first started on Terra and p1 was unsafe, there was pvp everywhere, there was absolutely no way in hell you could go afk. Hell, we even had a huge clan war between us and an allied faction, and it only occured because we were all in the same area and it occured to us that we could shoot our weapons. Regardless of the SL loss, we used to fight on the steps of CA HQ, people were going red SL every few minutes. It was fun as hell though

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    What kind of services would you like to see in TechHaven? In the past there was obviously a significant shopping presence which is no longer there. What kind of things (staying in the realms of content which exists elsewhere) would draw you toward TechHaven should it receive some loving?

No promises but, as always, I am keen to see what you guys think.
    I would like to see a lot of the high-tech weapons sold there. I remember on my melee tank, I use to buy a certain melee weapon I could only get from there. That was in beta 4 so maybe my memory is foggy. I'd also like to see a return of the original FA clan apartment. That thing was AWESOME!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beta 4:Alex Thompsun - Melee Tank

NC1:
    Uranus:Silent W - Rifle Spy(Underworld - TT)
    Saturn:Captain Morgan - PPU (NeG32 - Crahn)

NC2:
    Terra: Dubzilla - Rifle Spy - (Clan Xero - TG)
    Titan: Warbot Cola - Research // Captain Morgan - HC Tank // Jack Nicholson - Rifle PE

- Mature, experienced player looking for a trustworthy clan for PvP and hunting.

@thewarbot on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Druid311 View Post
    I remember on my melee tank, I use to buy a certain melee weapon I could only get from there.
    laserblade. still only sold there far as i know.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Hi, i just read through al the post. As a long-term fallen angel i would like to tell my opinion. I am drawn to both sides safe and/or non-safe zone. As a matter of fact i will leave this open so far.

Let's start with the appartments. From RP-Side TH always homed the scientific branch of the FA faction. The "agressive part" was in DoY and got moved into the outzone. Which makes no sense because why shouldn't brothers welcome the family home? So the appas should be moved back to TH. This should include all the basic-vendors needed for noob-leveling. This would also make it easier for new players to find the HQ without runnning through half of the worldmap. (Does TG have their HQ in the canyon?)

If the starter-apps were to be moved to th we need to look into the leveling spots. those should be rare and not go to high to encourage players to go out and explore the world.

And now i made up my mind about the savezonething.
    TH should be a savezone where tradeskillers can roam free and save.This would be in the interest of the faction. When i think back when NC co-existed with the DoY there were always enough tradeskiller around on either side. And the server-pop was not that more than now. We are talking about rough 23-30% which equals 18-270 players? There will be always a tradeskiller in NC or TH for the players. And you know? As a implanter i have no problem jumping from nc to th if there is work for me.
    Don't think of new players as idiots. They are not that stupid to not know how use help- or tradechannel. If a player stands in TH and cannot find a Tradeskiller he needs and thinks "damn this game is too hard because i am somewhere and there is not the asswiper i need... I'm gonna delete my char,uninstall and DDoS the Gameservers" it's worth of losing him. Those who stay will find a community who is able to support the new players and worth staying.

Pretty sure i forgot half of my thoughts and sound confusing. Well my work is done. I am off! My Faction needs me(and TH as well)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast