Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default revive tech haven

tech haven once was the homeplace of Fallen Angels, but now its deserted. what happened? TH took a blow with nc 2.0 bdoy, when all FA activity moved to the dome. but when the dome became obsolete, FA HQ moved back to TH, starter Apps went to OZ station and TH now still is a mere shadow of its former glory.

while both the Military Base and the Canyon are fully functional, TH needs some improvements:

- move starter apps back to TH, leaving the jones quest locations in NC, so it would be slightly harder for FA starters (same for TG and CM)
    - bring in shops for all goods needed, theres plenty of space in central TH 2. fists would supply armour and weapons like in the canyon, the crytons and medi range of stuff is already there (except datcubes!), theres even empty space like pictured above for furniture and flowers.

i believe these changes could be performed in neglegible work time, but would add greatly to the atmosphere of neocron.

Agree

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Im sure they are gonna do this. They already added the old Drone Race Track so i suppose traders comes next.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Yeah i think starter locations should be in TH and TG canyon for corresponding factions again, there used to be a warning for new players that those were "hardcore" to start off with.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

no one plays fa. that would help for starters.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Can we have the OLD FA clan apts back? I love Tech Haven. I remember how awesome it was to explore for the first time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beta 4:Alex Thompsun - Melee Tank

NC1:
    Uranus:Silent W - Rifle Spy(Underworld - TT)
    Saturn:Captain Morgan - PPU (NeG32 - Crahn)

NC2:
    Terra: Dubzilla - Rifle Spy - (Clan Xero - TG)
    Titan: Warbot Cola - Research // Captain Morgan - HC Tank // Jack Nicholson - Rifle PE

- Mature, experienced player looking for a trustworthy clan for PvP and hunting.

@thewarbot on Twitter

and a few all buyers please, wasteland type punks would do.

Sounds good to me.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

They just need to make GR zone a safe zone and add some ammo vendors, Seems like they want it closed atm

no safe zones thanks. We have enough of those already. We have enough le'd peeps in here already too. I prefer the fighting and being ganked of old nc to be honest. I have got into fights (and lost miserably!) loads over the last weekend and I loved it.

More pvp please, not less.

More tech haven raids too please!!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    no safe zones thanks. We have enough of those already. We have enough le'd peeps in here already too. I prefer the fighting and being ganked of old nc to be honest. I have got into fights (and lost miserably!) loads over the last weekend and I loved it.

More pvp please, not less.

More tech haven raids too please!!
    Thats venturing in to an LE discussion right there. Good and bad, Pros and Cons etc. Agreed no safe zones though. Fighting in TH could be interesting if there were some FA runners.

Dont want to sound like im cross posting in another thread but in the GR rules change thread i did touch on this idea. If the gr rules are abandoned there is less incentive to all join the winning team. This is very evident with the sheer amount of BD runners/clans there are on titan currently. Some people will always join the winning side LE or not. Changing gr rules spreads people out more across factions as they wouldnt need to join the winning faction but more the one that suits their preferences. Be a faction because you want to be it and believe in its style and ideas rather than because you can genrep to crp when u feel like it.

LE malus would also encourage them to remove it. 2 ideas that would foster more pvp. They do however require their own seperate discussion in a seperate thread but its too thoughts that immediately popped up from reading this one.

Sorry for the OT. not trying to hijack the thread.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

ok, so either make TH all safezones, or remove the soft pr0n music. right?

What kind of services would you like to see in TechHaven? In the past there was obviously a significant shopping presence which is no longer there. What kind of things (staying in the realms of content which exists elsewhere) would draw you toward TechHaven should it receive some loving?

No promises but, as always, I am keen to see what you guys think.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Why not implement a tradeskiller bonus in one of the zones for friendlies of FA? Or would that detract from taking ops?

I'd say not, as who takes an op for the bonus?

This fits well with the tech haven theme too!

That's the problem on my side:

What drew me to TH in the past (around 2004/2005. Yes, this forum acc is a new one) were not the NPC traders but the Player-Traders. The DOY-Player-Traders to be precise.
    In the past those were not able to walk around in Plaza 1 as if this was the most normal thing in the world. So the only reasonable safe place to meet up with enemy faction traders was TH. It served as some kind of neutral trading ground for everyone. It was kinda taboo to do this as an CA player (RP-wise) but in most cases it was better to be frowned on than being ambushed in a fake trade agreement in the Wastelands.

So I think the reasons for the death of TH go deeper than just NPC-Traders.
    It's about safe-zones like in Plaza 1. It's about the fact that COPBOTs don't care about Anti-NC faction players. It's about the fact that COPBOTs took over security in Pepper Park. It's about COPBOTs having no freeze and low damage nowadays.
    This list could be expanded with a lot more facts.

So fixing TH is not about adding one feature but about re-introducing old game mechanics that made it necessary in the first place.
    Faction relations are kinda broken nowadays. Apart from epics and FSM it is really unimportant to whom you belong. By re-introducing old advantages and disadvantages of being in a certain faction (like being attacked by guards in certain areas other than HQs) you would not only fix TH but a lot more about Neocron in general.

I hope this was not too confusing because of my bad English.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast