Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    What kind of services would you like to see in TechHaven? In the past there was obviously a significant shopping presence which is no longer there. What kind of things (staying in the realms of content which exists elsewhere) would draw you toward TechHaven should it receive some loving?

No promises but, as always, I am keen to see what you guys think.
    I had my look around now, and from what I saw I think the following would be practical:

Traders may find space in Tech Haven 3 (Where all those closed doors are in the large community room)
    - Fist Weaponry might find Space, as Twilight Guardian is allied to the Fallen Angels => Armor, Turrets, Basic Heavy Weapons, Basic Melee Weapons
    - Boobs & Guns might find Space, as Tsunami Syndicate is allied to the Fallen Angels => Basic Rifle and Pistol Weapons.
    - An Allbuyer is needed of course.
    - Maybe a VERY basic PSI Smuggler would finish the ranks (as Crahn Sect is enemy to the Fallen Angels their shop wouldn't make real sense now.) I am unsure though which existing NPC could be copied for that. Maybe the Beginner mc5 Smuggler, but he has many other things too, and I don't know which Spells he has. (Never really played a Monk long). But somehow Monk Players would have to get a few starter helps too I guess.
    - Maybe a trader for Loms.

As far as i can tell, thats all of which I think it is lacking. Basic Drugs are avaiable from the Medical Guy, as are other Medical supplies. Black Dragon won't open shop there for sure, as they are too an enemy of the Fallen Angels - and Drugs are not so essential that there is a need for an alternative IN Tech Haven. Basic implants are already there, as are the basic construction and tool traders.
    Basically it would mean that starting players can buy equipment there to play. The Allbuyer makes it a viable base for experienced players to come back to.

I think it boils down to: Armor, Weapons, Allbuyer.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed21 View Post
    When I came back and created a FA character I was dissapointed that my starter apt was not in TH...loved the atomosphere there back in the day and really can't understand why CM starts out at MB but FA/TG start in OZ....IMO put them back to their respective homes and add a warning upon character creation for new players (if it isn't already there).

That being said, with low-pop game, I'm in agreement that tradeskillers should not be split between TH and P1, leave that alone please. Hard enough for people to get ahold of tradeskillers during certain timezones as is. Just need to make it a little easier to start out FA and TG buy adding any missing vendors and Jones type missions (CM needs those too I believe).
    Same here, I was expecting to see TH and was like wtf seeing the OZ station. Yes, please move FA apartments back to TH and the respective stores/services.

There was never real sense into moving the Fallen Angels and the Twilight Guardians into the Outzone Subway Station. As i must say, i like the looks of the Appartment Complex, although there are too many sectors and appartment lifts.

The idea to move TG back to their canyon and the Fallen Angels back to their tech city was brought long time ago, but was not fulfilled. I think members of the Tsunami Syndicate and the Crahn Sect start at the pepper park again, which is awesome to populate those zones.

Short words to the canyon before i move on:
    The canyon was always the Guardian's habitat and also awesome to start in. It was a feeling of freedom that united those players (I do remember this from Jupiter). Now there are some (I think two) Black Dragon guards standing around, who are not allied to the Twilight Guardians. Does not make sense. The canyon belongs to the brave Twilight Guardians and whoever is not hostile to them may visit it for sightseeing or even for moving in. But there should not be other guards than the TG ones.

As a TG runner starts out at Neocron instead of the canyon, he does miss the awesomeness provided by this sector. There are some caves for lowlevels to start out, as I would wish that there were even more for mid- and highlevels around, so that one community apart from "the medicare unity" can build up. It strongens the people to stay at their faction, help each other out and fight side by side for the freedom of their own.

This brings me to the Tech Haven facility. There also was a nice community feeling when a Fallen Angel's runner started out at the big tech city. Mostly hunting bats and stuff around the Tech Haven sectors, just to be strong enough to gather some kills at the turret sewers. There was trading and teaming and grouping and helping each other.

Yes, both factions, Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian shall start out at their natural habitat. Binding this on one condition:
    Make all the cities depending on their own. Give them sewers and dungeons from level 0 to level 60 (rank i mean in that case) and allow them to level fully independent on any other levelspot outside. This does not include any special loot, just the normal junk that's all around anyways.

Give them all the traders they need so they do not need to come out of their cities. Of course they WANT to get out at some point: rare parts, pvp, teaming up with players not their faction, rhino hunting, exploring, whatsoever. In that case all the reasons people leave the Neocron city for.

Dungeons to be added:
    0 - 10 Lowlevel dungeon (Spiders, plants, beggars, mutants)
    10 - 20 Lowlevel dungeon (Aggressor or equal, depending on the environment)
    20 - 30 Midlevel dungeon (Launchers, Turrets, Hurlers)
    30 - 40 Midlevel dungeon (Maybe higherlevel turrets and launchers, snakes)
    40 - 50 Highlevel dungeon (Spiderbots, Sentrys, Turrets, Spiders)
    50 - 60 Highlevel dungeon

We already have the environment for the sewers (look up the viarosso sewers nobody uses or the swampcave models without water, the DoY sewers and dungeons, the aggressor sewers etc.). All there needs to be done is to add some spawn points for them enemies, one entrance and one exit. Maybe just do 3 different sewer types, depending on the location. For example for TG use the canyon cave, the "new" lowlevel dungeon you can find at pepper park 1 in front of the club and the swamp cave model. For TH the hightech dungeon, the viarosso dungeon and one of the DoY dungeon models (storeage for example).

Also, this needs to be done for the Military base while I'm on this idea. At the moment they don't have very much to level at but the level 1 sewers and the bunker. The tough guys will just leave out the sewers and rush to the bunker anyways, but hey, give new players a chance

Just my few cents.

Its annoying that the devs oversaw that issue. They moved to old DoY Apps to OZ so that old players can keep their old Appartments - but failed to set up the mechanics that new Characters would get Start Apps According to their faction.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

All three of the players at the time had their apartments moved... The other 2 new ones started in CA...

Lawless if you had your way then we would never need to leave the city, with all of these dungeons in the city noone would go anywhere and noone would ever interact with anyone outside their faction. Anyone who accidentally joined Diamond Real Estate would die of boredom...

(the above is just humour)

I love the idea of TG and FA being back in their natural homes but I think the P1 Medicare buzz is what makes NC so great. So no I would rather see the center of all trading be there.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

There was not good alternative at that time, but on the new server you can kill at least 2 of the oz-appartment complexes

black dragons, tsunami and crahn would be happier in the pepper park, twilight guardian in the canyon and fallen angels in tech haven. all we need is a background story development to wrap it all in.

and i oppose spawning anything stronger than cyclops within settlement zones. (20-30 in lawless' post)

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    black dragons, tsunami and crahn would be happier in the pepper park, twilight guardian in the canyon and fallen angels in tech haven. all we need is a background story development to wrap it all in.

and i oppose spawning anything stronger than cyclops within settlement zones. (20-30 in lawless' post)
    Definitely agreed. Cant put it all on a silver platter. Send them off in to the world to see whats out there.

Doy should be the high end pve zone in my opinion. I know we pushed it before but for me it should be Doy/MC5 as the top end and Regants Legacy (not to be confused with the PA quest area) should be 2nd.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I always felt that TH is a tradeskill area. FA traditionally is a science faction, and though it's more militant side (as borne out in the background in NC's recent history) is now a large part of it, it is somewhat secondary to organisation's aims.

One issue the factions as a whole have s that there's not really much difference between them. Aside from FSMs, there's not much discrepancy in item access/cost, quest types, play-style and other aspects of runner life.

I don't see much reason for TH to grant access to higher-end weapons. FA might have combat requirements, but less-so TH. On the other hand, cheaper parts, chems, lube and higher tl tools than other places sell are appropriate.

Similarly, CM and TG are more focused on combat. Cheaper/higher tl weapons and armour. Of course TG is generally more aligned with urban combat, stealth, infiltration and covert operations while CM operates in more conventional military manner, being concerned with wasteland action most of the time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234